Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jameny5 View Post
    I don't think these plans will last very. long. Boost Mobile did something similar to this a couple of years ago. These plans are a copycat of the Boost Mobile plans. They went the way of the dinosaur and did not last long at Boost. These are gimmicks to keep the cash flowing into Verizon Prepaid's coffers by using Auto Pay. Remember: Cash is King!!!
    Longevity of a customer was not Boost's strong suit for a number of years. Their branding was marketed to primarily short-term customers and allow for breaks in service a bit more than other prepaid monthly providers. They also seemed to handle more cash-in-hand "Boost Up" transactions than other MVNOs.

Many people now see Boost as a monthly prepaid brand, but they have another carrier transition to handle and that may end up with higher churn. This is something Verizon can use, as the plans seem cheaper than Boost's similar plans, as well as a few other popular non-unlimited MVNOs still out there.

Verizon tends to want people to play the long game under their brand, so this seems expected with the direct prepaid brand. It's different than AT&T's pay months at a time strategy, which has problems considering the current economic climate.

They do have Visible to use to play around with pricing and plan options like how Boost and VM did for years. Let's see how that plays out.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Thanks..this is going to save me $15/month. Doing the $25 main line with 5GB (loyalty and autopay) and 2 other lines still on the family plan (6 gb/month for $25/month).

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It helps Verizon with getting a "consistent" "on time payment. Suppose you die. Verizon doesn't know about it until 6 months after a family member alerts them. Does Verizon know you croaked the months before they found out? No. But, they got six on time consistent payments from a bank account that had ample money in it. The point is that auto pay is worry free to a company than say a person you are waiting for to enter pay information and have it authorized or it could possibly be declined. Think about it.
    I mean there is a chance the autopay could decline for lack of funds in the account. Most of the time funds are there which is good for the company.
    Hopefully if you die , your heirs cancel your credit cards

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Hopefully if you die , your heirs cancel your credit cards
    From previous firsthand experience, as well as my roommate dealing with this stuff right now, it may take a couple months to get credit cards wrapped up due to late charges. That can rack up debts pretty fast, especially in states where debts are passed to the estate during probate.

It might be easier/best to have the account info (even a phone number), a death certificate, and go to a Verizon Corp store for account closure. This was what my ex-fiancee had to do for a cell phone on Verizon several years ago. They did it pretty quickly and voided all recurring payments. It shouldn't be much different on prepaid.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think these plans will last very. long. Boost Mobile did something similar to this a couple of years ago. These plans are a copycat of the Boost Mobile plans. They went the way of the dinosaur and did not last long at Boost.
    Dish just revived them, per their Boost purchase announcement:

http://about.dish.com/2020-07-01-DIS...one-5G-network

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Is $60 port in credit still available?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Ran out of data on my 8gb $45 net plan and I just switched to $35 for me 15GB and they gave me 7Gb immediately for use until the end of my billing cycle. Also they graciously have given credit spent on other plans before this came out.

What are the downsides if any? Did we lose anything tethering? Prioritization? Anything?

Feedback Score
    I goofed up some on my port in I didn’t realize until I got to the store that it was an online exclusive for the port in credit. I guess my 2 options are to either chat with an agent if they can do something one time for me or port in a 2nd number on one of those plans. Darn I wish I read that more thoroughly

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking of switching from PagePlus to this 15GB plan because I need the Hotspot ability. As far as payment, instead of autopay (i know i'd lose the $5 discount), can I just add $ pins to my account...enough to cover a 2-3 months, and it will just renew automatically every month from that cash? Or will I still have to do it every month myself?

Also my brother is on an older prepay plan. He's been on it forever. I think he pays $40 mo for like 3-6GB. Can he switch to the new loyalty 5GB plan? (or is it just for new activation's with port in?) I understand that after the 5gb use it goes to 2g unlimited.)

Thx

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm thinking of switching from PagePlus to this 15GB plan because I need the Hotspot ability. As far as payment, instead of autopay (i know i'd lose the $5 discount), can I just add $ pins to my account...enough to cover a 2-3 months, and it will just renew automatically every month from that cash? Or will I still have to do it every month myself?

Also my brother is on an older prepay plan. He's been on it forever. I think he pays $40 mo for like 3-6GB. Can he switch to the new loyalty 5GB plan? (or is it just for new activation's with port in?) I understand that after the 5gb use it goes to 2g unlimited.)

Thx
    If you can use a prepaid debit card for the Auto pay, you can still use pins to pay for service. It will only pull from the autopay card if there isn't enough credit balance to cover the month. Doing this method will also keep the benefit of the additional $5 discount.

Remember that they take out of the next month's balance a day or two before the renewal date, so be prepared for this.

I use pins bought from Target and still have an autopay method setup; I have only had payment on the card once (due to having only $20 in credit on the account at that time for a $40 plan).

To directly answer the questions: Yes to both questions, as this will work as you want it to with renewal using credit and your brother being able to switch to this plan (though he will lose benefits from the old plan like bonus data).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    If you can use a prepaid debit card for the Auto pay, you can still use pins to pay for service. It will only pull from the autopay card if there isn't enough credit balance to cover the month. Doing this method will also keep the benefit of the additional $5 discount.

Remember that they take out of the next month's balance a day or two before the renewal date, so be prepared for this.

I use pins bought from Target and still have an autopay method setup; I have only had payment on the card once (due to having only $20 in credit on the account at that time for a $40 plan).

To directly answer the questions: Yes to both questions, as this will work as you want it to with renewal using credit and your brother being able to switch to this plan (though he will lose benefits from the old plan like bonus data).

Thanks much. I thought prepaid debit cards are only allowed if they have the Visa or MC logo; is that right?
    Also don't prepaid debit cards also expire?
    I'm old school and don't like my card info sitting in a system somewhere and some erroneous transaction. The $5 mo lost I guess I'd caulk up to peace of mind. Maybe too cautious when now a days that info is probably floating all around the world anyway.

I'll see what my brother gets with bonus data, compared to what he gets with a new plan. I think his plan is pretty old. He just said he pays $40 without autopay and gets 3GB with up to 3 carryover; if that makes sense.
    I assume these new plans have no carryover data. (?)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'll see what my brother gets with bonus data, compared to what he gets with a new plan. I think his plan is pretty old. He just said he pays $40 without autopay and gets 3GB with up to 3 carryover; if that makes sense.
    I assume these new plans have no carryover data. (?)
    Yes, carryover features will be lost with the plan change.

Feedback Score
    Question about these plans I thought of will they charge/prorate your plan if you feel you need more data during a cycle? It’s been a while since I had a prepaid with stuff like this so I need a slight reminder how it works again

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Question about these plans I thought of will they charge/prorate your plan if you feel you need more data during a cycle? It’s been a while since I had a prepaid with stuff like this so I need a slight reminder how it works again
    You can buy additional data anytime during the month. Data expires in 90 days.

1 GB for $10.
    3 GB for $20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taoman View Post
    You can buy additional data anytime during the month. Data expires in 90 days.

1 GB for $10.
    3 GB for $20.
    Interesting maybe something worth looking into if need be!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast