Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Feedback Score
    I’m curious to know how soon Verizon prepaid will get eSIMs since visible is slowly implementing it as we speak (altho a bit buggy right now)

Carrier(s)
    guess
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    I’m curious to know how soon Verizon prepaid will get eSIMs since visible is slowly implementing it as we speak (altho a bit buggy right now)
    Aren't eSIMS ironic. It's just going back to the days without sims when it was built into the phone. Why even call it a sim.

Feedback Score
    Are the throttle after speeds 600kbps on vzw prepaid plans?? (Not hotspot)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Are the throttle after speeds 600kbps on vzw prepaid plans?? (Not hotspot)
    I think they say "up to 600kbps". Could be 50kbps, could be 600.

Feedback Score
    Thats after (mobile data) 5gb on $40 plan? (Can anyone confirm? Thanks)

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

Quote Originally Posted by twiinciity View Post
    Thats after (mobile data) 5gb on $40 plan? (Can anyone confirm? Thanks)
    Yes, the throttle can vary a lot after the high speed data allotment is exhausted. This is due to both depriority and the hard cap of 600kbps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Not sure if anyone noticed this (not sure how some feel about this either)

They now have another new unlimited data plan but now with 5G Ultra WB and mobile hotspot included but for 60 after discounts tho making it 10 more for more 5G access and hotspot.

On the other unlimited plan it is only 5 to add mobile hotspot to it. Just thought I’d point this out

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by punisherbv View Post
    Not sure if anyone noticed this (not sure how some feel about this either)

They now have another new unlimited data plan but now with 5G Ultra WB and mobile hotspot included but for 60 after discounts tho making it 10 more for more 5G access and hotspot.

On the other unlimited plan it is only 5 to add mobile hotspot to it. Just thought I’d point this out
    At least they lumped hotspot with it, because $10 for just UWB access doesn’t seem worth it at this point.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    At least they lumped hotspot with it, because $10 for just UWB access doesn’t seem worth it at this point.

Thats true however if you wanted hotspot on the regular unlimited it’s only 5 dollars more so it’s still not terrible for a quick add on. But you can pick and chose when to remove from plan so that helps

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

I'm on 45 plan which has the loyalty. I dont come close to use the data so not worth it. I get reular 5g

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    I'm on 45 plan which has the loyalty. I dont come close to use the data so not worth it. I get reular 5g
    Fair, once one also considers the non-unlimited plans. Non-UWB 5G is basically a slightly better version of the current LTE as far as latency and theoretical speed, so that is another reason why the UWB plan is not worth the cost on Prepaid.

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Fair, once one also considers the non-unlimited plans. Non-UWB 5G is basically a slightly better version of the current LTE as far as latency and theoretical speed, so that is another reason why the UWB plan is not worth the cost on Prepaid.

I believe Visible gets UWB. It only has one plan $25-$40 depending on Party Pay. I initially switched but switched back to Prepaid once they launched these plans with loyalty discount. Now I am considering switching back if its going to include UWB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Verizon Prepaid rolls out new plans

I believe Visible gets UWB. It only has one plan $25-$40 depending on Party Pay. I initially switched but switched back to Prepaid once they launched these plans with loyalty discount. Now I am considering switching back if its going to include UWB
    It does, but the supported 5G devices list is even limited compared to Visible's normally supported activation list. Currently one must have an iPhone 12 series, Samsung Galaxy S20 series (but not the Verizon-sold S20 FE which has UWB) or the ZTE Blade X1 5G (which only Visible is selling and doesn’t support UWB). They say the Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, moto edge, and the OnePlus 8, all of which are sold on Visible's site, aren’t supported on the 5G setup yet (this may change when those phones get software updates but ETA was not mentioned). I haven’t heard if the Galaxy S21 series will be supported, but it sounds like people are currently using unlocked models with no 5G access, per Reddit.

Last edited by Haas_Dave; 02-01-2021 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Clarification

Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    It does, but the supported 5G devices list is even limited compared to Visible's normally supported activation list. Currently one must have an iPhone 12 series, Samsung Galaxy S20 series (but not the Verizon-sold S20 FE which has UWB) or the ZTE Blade X1 5G (which only Visible is selling and doesn’t support UWB). They say the Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, moto edge, and the OnePlus 8, all of which are sold on Visible's site, aren’t supported on the 5G setup yet (this may change when those phones get software updates but ETA was not mentioned). I haven’t heard if the Galaxy S21 series will be supported, but it sounds like people are currently using unlocked models with no 5G access, per Reddit.

I have the s20+ unbranded version. Now I am thinking of switching back once I use my credit balance, which will be a few months, right after finally getting the loyalty discount =(

Not sure why they would make Visible superior to VZW Prepaid in this way. I guess they want to encourage people to go for the unlimited $60 plan on VZW PPD

Feedback Score
    I have the s20+ unbranded version. Now I am thinking of switching back once I use my credit balance, which will be a few months, right after finally getting the loyalty discount =(

Not sure why they would make Visible superior to VZW Prepaid in this way. I guess they want to encourage people to go for the unlimited $60 plan on VZW PPD
    I can understand your feeling fully here. I’m very close to getting the full discount but since cricket has their unlimited plan group option for 32 a month it doesn’t seem to be a bad deal. However visible does have esim card and 25 for unlimited. I had them for a bit overall they seemed fine for their service until one time they did the network upgrade and speeds were flaky but I ended up back on Prepaid

Another thing may help for you is that if you get Verizon prepaid 50 refill cards at target when on sale 5 dollars off it comes to 42 and some change so that’s not a bad deal with unlimited if that helps any. I thought about that too.

I just hate to go this far and give up my loyalty discount. Truthfully I wish Verizon would bring back rollover data I think they did away with it because they upped the data on their plans

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast