Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cheapest way to test Visible

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    Yea, I'm not going to the Visible phone as a "phone" it's basically just going to be a modem.

I've also got an unused Raspberry Pi. I may look into converting that into a gateway that USB connects to the A3 and outputs from the Ethernet to a Wifi router and distribute out a wifi signal.

It's little projects like this - that I don't necessarily always have the time for - but they're fun. I learn a lot through the process.
    People have been using RaspberryPi as router solutions for years, so yeah this should be possible. That would save some cash.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesfinley View Post
    Is there a list of phones or anything specific that details how to get a phone that bypasses the 1 device hotspot limitation on Visible?

I've got a situation where I'm needing Internet - 5mbps will probably work, as long as it's consistent - but I really need that access on 2 maybe 3 devices.

I'm not entirely sure Visible will work, but I'd be open to testing it... I just don't really want to put a lot of money into it in case it doesn't work.

Ideally, I'd like a cheap phone - I'm not actually going to use it for a phone, I'm just going to use the hotspot feature - that will allow hotspot and allow 2 devices that would allow me to test the viability of using Visible for this project.

Where I'm wanting to use this project has 0 Internet options - it's either cellular (AT&T or Verizon, there is no T-Mobile or Sprint signal) or satellite.

I really come more from the AT&T side of things. AT&T and their MVNOs don't seem to have as many hoops you have to jump through to get a phone that will work on their network. Any AT&T branded or locked phone will work on any AT&T service (although... tethering may not work). With AT&T and their MVNOs - like say Cricket Wireless - you can go to Wal-Mart and buy any AT&T Prepaid GoPhone, pop a Cricket sim in there and it'll work. You can't do the same thing with a Wal-Mart Verizon Prepaid phone and a Visible sim, can you? Likewise, it's not as easy to insure that a phone you purchase off of eBay will work with Visible or any of the Verizon networks.

I'm fine with buying a Visible sim (how much do those cost?) and paying $40 for a month of service to try, I just don't really want to buy a $300 phone and then find out it won't work for this project. It looks like Visible has a ZTE Blade A7 on their site for $90 - I guess I could run with that, but it'll only allow one device on the hotspot. But I guess it'd tell me whether it works or not.
    i just switch Visible and the service is NOT the same as any other MVNO that uses verizion...data is just all over the place, voice is crap and i couldnt even make a phone call for like half hour....im just going to get verizon prepaid

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    i just switch Visible and the service is NOT the same as any other MVNO that uses verizion...data is just all over the place, voice is crap and i couldnt even make a phone call for like half hour....im just going to get verizon prepaid
    I’m just having problems with texting, not sending, but receiving texts. For this reason, I’m leaving Visible and moving back to Verizon prepaid as well.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I have found the voice to be perfectly fine. The WIFI Calling works great. SMS and MMS work perfectly. The big issue with Visible is the data. The speeds are all over the place and the ping times excessively high. I don't think you can depend on Visible to run an always on Internet connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by cricket101 View Post
    Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried using a rooted Android to spoof the IMEI to make an "unaccepted" model of phone appear to be a model they do accept? It may also be possible to modify a pushed carrier profile, as has been done in the past.

I am not a fan of lying to companies I do business with, and this would certainly qualify as a lie, but it might allow any phone to be ported, if you have the IMEI of an acceptable phone that is not already active with them.

Most reps at MVNOs are unaware of the fact that the IMEI can be trivially spoofed, and it can lead to some pretty strange things happening, some funny, some frustrating. Like, when you forget that you have "randomize on boot" configured on numerous fields in XPL, and the Total Wireless rep INSISTS that you stop switching phones...

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    I’m just having problems with texting, not sending, but receiving texts. For this reason, I’m leaving Visible and moving back to Verizon prepaid as well.

Sent from my iPad using HoFo
    texting works but MMS does not 100%...

Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    I have found the voice to be perfectly fine. The WIFI Calling works great. SMS and MMS work perfectly. The big issue with Visible is the data. The speeds are all over the place and the ping times excessively high. I don't think you can depend on Visible to run an always on Internet connection.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app
    wifi calling not working either for me...iphone 6s carrier updated
    MMS doesnt work all the time
    yes very high ping as well

if verizon wants to be like ATT (cricket) and t-mobile (metro pcs) then they REALLY gotta step their game up, their CS is a joke 95% of them dont know wth they are doing....idk its just not worth me getting all upset about it, this is the 2nd time ive tried them...verizon took a big L on this...t-mobile has the a new $15 plan that im goin jump on, dont need data cause i have a unlimited hotspot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2