Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AT&T 8GB vs 25GB Plans

Feedback Score

AT&T 8GB vs 25GB Plans

Besides 8GB vs 25GB monthly LTE, what are other major differences between the following plans:

--AT&T Prepaid $300/yr ($25/mo) (+Taxes/Fees), 8GB/mo W/ 1 Mo Rollover + Unlim 128Kbps, Incl Canada & Mexico
    https://www.att.com/prepaid/multi-month-plans/

--AT&T Prepaid Walmart $40/mo (Possibly $24/mo W/ 10 Line Group) (+Taxes/Fees), 25GB/mo W/ 1 Mo (8GB) Rollover + Unlim 128Kbps, Incl Canada & Mexico
    https://www.att.com/prepaid/walmart-offer/

Also, if I can get in a 10 line group for the Walmart plan, do I have any control of the account if I'm not the group "administrator"?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Besides 8GB vs 25GB monthly LTE, what are other major differences between the following plans:

--AT&T Prepaid $300/yr ($25/mo) (+Taxes/Fees), 8GB/mo W/ 1 Mo Rollover + Unlim 128Kbps, Incl Canada & Mexico
    https://www.att.com/prepaid/multi-month-plans/

--AT&T Prepaid Walmart $40/mo (Possibly $24/mo W/ 10 Line Group) (+Taxes/Fees), 25GB/mo W/ 1 Mo (8GB) Rollover + Unlim 128Kbps, Incl Canada & Mexico
    https://www.att.com/prepaid/walmart-offer/

Also, if I can get in a 10 line group for the Walmart plan, do I have any control of the account if I'm not the group "administrator"?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    The $300 8GB plan is paid up front in full (with all taxes and fees). If you move, change jobs, whatever, and don't like AT&T any more, then tough, your money is gone.

The $40 with AutoPay Walmart plan is paid monthly. If something changes in the future and you want to leave AT&T, then you're just out $40 or $24 if you're in a multi-line group of ten.

You have a little control over your line in a multi-line group. I have the Walmart plan and I'm number ten in a multi-line group. I can leave the group. I can buy an add-on (two data add-on options, five international long distance add-on options, or a free blocker add-on). And there's a mention of the European travel option I told you about a few days ago: 'International Travel Add-Ons which is good for 7 days' (sic). I can also see my plan details or switch to another plan.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    Koodo: Unlimited Canada Talk, World Text, 8+9 GB Data
    AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I know you pointed out that data COULD be limited to 2G in Canada, but have you, or anybody else, seen any reports of that ACTUALLY happening, on either of the above plans?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I know you pointed out that data COULD be limited to 2G in Canada, but have you, or anybody else, seen any reports of that ACTUALLY happening, on either of the above plans?
    You're welcome. No it's not COULD, AT&T actually DOES slow me right down to 2G in Canada when I go over my 8 + 17 GB Walmart data. The Speedtest app says 0.11 Mbps (113 Kbps) or 0.10 Mbps (102 Kbps). AT&T says it should be 128 kbps.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

AT&T 8GB vs 25GB Plans

On the Wal-mart plan let’s say I sign up one line in Walmart to get the 17gb bonus data. After that can I transfer other lines already on att prepaid to the Walmart group plan to also get the 17gb bonus data?

And how does it get down to $24 per line?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    On the Wal-mart plan let’s say I sign up one line in Walmart to get the 17gb bonus data. After that can I transfer other lines already on att prepaid to the Walmart group plan to also get the 17gb bonus data?

And how does it get down to $24 per line?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    No. To get the Walmart deal with 17 GB Walmart bonus data you must buy an AT&T Walmart phone (with included AT&T SIM card) from a Walmart store or Walmart online.

You need to join a multi-line group of ten to get the $40 with AutoPay cost down to $24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Night_Owl View Post
    You're welcome. No it's not COULD, AT&T actually DOES slow me right down to 2G in Canada when I go over my 8 + 17 GB Walmart data. The Speedtest app says 0.11 Mbps (113 Kbps) or 0.10 Mbps (102 Kbps). AT&T says it should be 128 kbps.
    But, in your case, the first 25GB (8+17) are at LTE speeds, correct?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    But, in your case, the first 25GB (8+17) are at LTE speeds, correct?
    Correct.

Feedback Score
    What are the steps to get in a $24/mo 10-person group and port a # into the Walmart 25GB/mo AT&T Prepaid plan?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What are the steps to get in a $24/mo 10-person group and port a # into the Walmart 25GB/mo AT&T Prepaid plan?
    First, you have to get the AT&T Walmart $50 8 + 17 GB plan. If you get a temporary number from Walmart, your real number that you want to port in must be in the same metropolitan area (e.g. both numbers in the New York City metropolitan area).

It's probably best to go to a Walmart store and have them port your real number in right away. If your temporary and real numbers are not in the same metropolitan area, you will lose your 17GB Walmart bonus.

It takes a few days for the 17GB bonus data to appear (up to 7 days or so). You're supposed to leave the AT&T SIM card in the Walmart phone until your bonus data appears. Then you can put the AT&T SIM card in your daily driver.

Feedback Score
    Thank you.

After that's done, how do I join a group?

Also, after joining a group, who do i pay for monthly service? The group admin, or AT&T directly?

Feedback Score
    Thank you.

After that's done, how do I join a group?

Also, after joining a group, who do i pay for monthly service? The group admin, or AT&T directly?
    You have to be invited to a group by someone you know. It's not a random stranger type of group, although it's possible I guess.

The group admin pays for the bill, so you'd have to pay the group admin every month before deadline, otherwise the group admin can kick you out of the group.

And I'm only seeing groups of 5 maximum, not sure how the other poster is saying groups of 10.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    And I'm only seeing groups of 5 maximum, not sure how the other poster is saying groups of 10.
    When a group administrator starts a multi-line group, they have the option of starting a consumer group (up to 5 lines) or a small business group (up to 10 lines). No small business information is required at all.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Is there an easy way to get invited to the multi line group? The subredit "GoPhoneGroups" is kinda dead, not much activity. Would be interested to add at least 2 lines to the group, possibly more. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I finally ended up getting the AT&T Prepaid 8GB/mo $300/360 day plan for $285, or $23.75/30 days, by using AT&T Prepaid refill cards from Target with 5% off using my Red Card to fund it.

I missed getting the $300 AT&T Prepaid refill cards for $270.75 by just a few days, but that's how it goes sometimes. I'm still pretty happy with $285 compared to the $330 it would have cost to get from AT&T directly.

If anybody's interested, the full story is at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17141011.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast