Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dummy Questions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    While I have up to 3 active phones (TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp Mobile) in my name, I usually carry only the main one. I'll carry two on long trips just to have a backup in case the main phone gets lost/stolen, damaged, or has no service.
    I'm finally down to 1 T-Mobile prepaid line.
    (that is such a relief)

A few active Tracfone lines

And 1 Truphone line.

This has to be the least amount of active cell phone lines that I have had in several years.

Planning on using down the T-Mobile prepaid Legacy Gold Rewards line and not keeping it going once the balance is used up.

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    I'm finally down to 1 T-Mobile prepaid line. (that is such a relief)
    Between mid-March and now, I was doing "port-in with BYOP phones and get rewards" deals with Sprint, T-mo, and AT&T. At one point, I had 16 active phones: 3 on Sprint, 4 on T-mo, 6 on AT&T, 1 TF/AT&T, 1 TF/Verizon, 1 FreeUp. I've completed some of those deals and now down to 8 active lines. In another 2 weeks, I'll be back to the normal 3 lines.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    The go bag wasn't really a joke though I thought it funny enough to post it. I live in fire country Calfornia and would want my most valuable phones in a carry bag so if there's an evacuation order, can grab & go. I have valued files on them I can't replace.

I was thinking of getting a thermal insulated carry bag sort of like a soft cooler.

If it actually was foil insulated maybe it would help protect against EMP attacks or severe solar flares? I've heard metal trash cans might make good bunkers in case of EmP attacks or solar flares. However, how would a person know one was coming (severe enough to damage electronics). There are people who create Faraday cages in their homes to protect against electronic damage.

Anyway, no harm done having more than one phone in the arsenal.

I am needing a mail sorter for the desk to stand my phones in. A usb charging dock with slots would work, but i have a charging dock. Just need the stand with slots.

I shock people sometimes when they see how many phones i have. I'll be working with five or six phones around me. Then I tell them about the ones in the camera bag, drawers, and mini backpack, half of which don't work anymore unless on WiFi.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    The go bag wasn't really a joke though I thought it funny enough to post it. I live in fire country Calfornia and would want my most valuable phones in a carry bag so if there's an evacuation order, can grab & go. I have valued files on them I can't replace.

I was thinking of getting a thermal insulated carry bag sort of like a soft cooler.

If it actually was foil insulated maybe it would help protect against EMP attacks or severe solar flares? I've heard metal trash cans might make good bunkers in case of EmP attacks or solar flares. However, how would a person know one was coming (severe enough to damage electronics). There are people who create Faraday cages in their homes to protect against electronic damage.

Anyway, no harm done having more than one phone in the arsenal.

I am needing a mail sorter for the desk to stand my phones in. A usb charging dock with slots would work, but i have a charging dock. Just need the stand with slots.

I shock people sometimes when they see how many phones i have. I'll be working with five or six phones around me. Then I tell them about the ones in the camera bag, drawers, and mini backpack, half of which don't work anymore unless on WiFi.
    I am up to 20 including 3 hotspots, a tablet, a Straight Talk Home Base ATA, and 3 inactive Tracfone feature phones. Only SWMBO knows how many. I get head shakes and eye rolls from her. I don't tell anyone else. They wouldn't be interested. Most are from previous services over the years. The Tracfones go back 10+ years. I only pay for service on three of them including the home phone.

In this pandemic situation I need to carry masks, gloves, disinfectant wipes, and hand sanitizer whenever I go out. Can't leave the disinfectant wipe and hand sanitizer in the car. The wipes dry out and the hand sanitizer loses its alcohol. I told SWMBO recently that I think I need a Man Purse. My phone weighs 11 ounces. With that plus wallet, keys, etc. I can't put more in my pockets without being in danger of my pants unexpectedly falling to the ground.

I 7Zip and encrypt my important files and keep the archives on GDrive. I have too many pictures and some other things to put on GDrive. I have been meaning to put them on something and store in my safe deposit box.

Bug Out Kits are a subject on the Internet. I researched them a few years ago, but never got around to making a good one. I should revisit that in my copious pandemic free time.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I don't have a hotspot but do have a Fire tablet.

I like cargo pocket pants too and the belt is to prevent accidental departure to the ground from pocket weight. Tactical pants are great. Pockets inside of pockets.

It sounds like you could do with a satchel with handle and shoulder strap. I have a soft black one. Many things can serve as a man purse without being peculiar. A small gym bag with shoulder strap looks manly as long as it's not sparkle pink.

All the sanitizing supplies are what take up room. Things have just gotten bizarre.

Nothing funny about owning twenty useful devices. If you use them, that's your thing. I have a thing for office space. I practically live in that space. I no longer do artwork but still write.

I save to Google Drive and work with Google Docs on my phones. I tried MS Word but it had some fussy suggestion popups so I chose Docs. Although I wish Docs would do timed saves I haven't found a word processor for my phones that has its features.

That's primarily why I buy devices I need a carry bag for.

Thnx for chipping in about your collection.

Sent from my LGUS215 using HoFo mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2