Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Moto G6 issues

Feedback Score
    Name:  20200629_174602.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  26.8 KB

Here is a pic of what it looks like plugged in. Can't actually see anything in the phone port stopping cable from going further in.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steiny180 View Post
    You can also use a cheap USB Doctor to monitor USB charging problems...

https://www.ebay.com/i/353073367998?...r=622262335709
    I have one of those for each charger I regularly use. It is important to know the amperage going to the phone. It will tell you if something is not right.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=Weathered;17138200]Name:  20200629_174602.jpg

Here is a pic of what it looks like plugged in. Can't actually see anything in the phone port stopping cable from going further in.[/QUOTE
    I can't imagine how you ever got a charge from this cord. Either some obstruction in either the cor or the phone. If you buy the moto 7, try the cord from the 6 on it and vice versus. Don't force them.

Feedback Score
    Is that the OEM USB cable that came with the phone?

Some aftermarket USB cables have a longer metal part that sometimes does protrude a little, even though they are fully plugged in.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
    Name:  20200629_174602.jpg

Here is a pic of what it looks like plugged in. Can't actually see anything in the phone port stopping cable from going further in.
    You have a lot more metal showing than I do on my G6.
    On my cable the metal projects out past the plastic exactly 1/4 inch.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just looked at my few USB-C devices with the cables that I have. I might have only about a fingernail thickness showing at the most, but it is hard to get a good measurement when the gap is that small tho.

I do not know if this is the right wording for it tho. It does look like that it is not "snapped" or lock into place tho. That looks like it is just before where it "snaps" or locks into place with my devices and cables.

Feedback Score
    Previous pic is cable that came with phone. I have another aftermarket cable and it looks the same.

Name:  20200630_173648.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  32.7 KBName:  20200630_173741.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  35.0 KB

One thing I am not sure about is if it was always like this or it actually went in further, never really paid attention to that. Don't think I have any other devices that have usb-c to check until I get new phone.

Feedback Score
    I use a usb-c adapter on my micro-usb cables. The metal part is 5/16 inch like you're showing with the ruler. On my Moto G7 at least, the plug shows barely any metal once plugged in.

So I think something is wrong with the port on your phone.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I would be better off making a new post for this. But I got the new Tracfone Moto g7 Optimo Maxx. Got service and number transferred to it. Still getting everything setup on it, removing apps, etc... Having an issue with the wifi. Now this issue may not have anything to do with the phone but the home internet service. But wifi connection keeps loosing connection. When it does connect, strength is showing full strength. I am thinking it is the internet service, having issues with other devices in the house. Started happening ever since we switched from spectrum to at&t. Using the modem/router the ISP provided, which may not be the best. May have to get a separate router.

About the charging port issues, the new cable plugs in further into the g6. So that indicates the old cords are bad. What are the chances of having 3 bad cords?

Feedback Score
    Try turning off the 5GHz WIFI radio in the crap ATT modem and see what happens...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
    Started happening ever since we switched from spectrum to at&t. Using the modem/router the ISP provided, which may not be the best. May have to get a separate router.
    What type of Internet service is this from AT&T? I have their Basic Internet, which is a wired U-verse (DSL) service. A couple of months ago it started becoming erratic and drop out at times. Their online diagnostic detected an error, but no information other than scheduling with a service technician. That would cost at least $100 on an old installation, so I bought a used modem online. By the time the modem arrived, the problem resolved itself. It was obviously a network issue, but I doubt customer service would have admitted it. If this is recently installed service they should service it.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3aXL, LG G3, Moto G7 Power/E4/Z3/G6 Play
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone, RedPkt
    Feedback Score
    I have 2 of the Optimo Maxx, and the WiFi works fine on both.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have a Optimo Maxx, and its WiFi works great.

Depending on your router settings, you might need to play around with them.

If you are on 2.4GHz WiFi with congested areas, make sure you are using 20MHz channel width and use a channel that is least congested. Anything higher for channel width in a congested area, you will get issue. Another reason is lots of devices does not like higher channel width on 2.4GHz too.

As for 5GHz, it does not have the range like 2.4GHz. The congestion issue will be less likely to happen. So you can have a higher channel width.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3