Thread: Lock settings on Pixel 3a

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 3a, Samsung A1e (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Lock settings on Pixel 3a

I have a Google Pixel 3a BYOP (Tracfone).

Some of my settings inadvertently change when my phone is in my pocket or backpack. Settings that change include screen brightness and automatic rotation.

Is there a setting on my phone to prevent this? Note I do not want to lock my phone or prevent others from changing the settings. I just want to prevent the phone's settings from accidentally changing when it is in my pocket or backpack.

Thanks!

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitzer18 View Post
    I have a Google Pixel 3a BYOP (Tracfone).

Some of my settings inadvertently change when my phone is in my pocket or backpack. Settings that change include screen brightness and automatic rotation.

Is there a setting on my phone to prevent this? Note I do not want to lock my phone or prevent others from changing the settings. I just want to prevent the phone's settings from accidentally changing when it is in my pocket or backpack.

Thanks!
    You say you don't want to lock the phone but that's the easiest way to prevent unwanted touches from changing the quick settings. If you lock it using the fingerprint, unlocking is effortless and nearly instant.

A folio style case would also probably work.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    If the screen is dark when it's put away, there shouldn't be any way an accidental touch or swipe could change things.

Even if something is bumping the power switch and waking the phone, there should at least be enough of a setting (for instance, a swipe up) to fully unlock the phone, to make further changes. And even if that occurred there'd have to be further contact with the screen to navigate to any particular place in Settings to change something.

You're going to have to assess whether the phone is being bumped around enough with weak enough lock settings choices, and either change those settings or change how the phone is handled in those environments (less bumping around).

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Thanks @whacker and @Yeswap !

@whacker Not sure what you mean by weak enough locks settings choices? How can I make these lock settings choices stronger?

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well, like I mentioned, you should have at least a simple swipe set up that clears the lock screen (which would occur immediately after waking the phone with the power button). Power button wakes the phone and brings you to the lock screen, where you then do at least a swipe up to get to the Home screen. Some people don't even set this much up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Well, like I mentioned, you should have at least a simple swipe set up that clears the lock screen (which would occur immediately after waking the phone with the power button). Power button wakes the phone and brings you to the lock screen, where you then do at least a swipe up to get to the Home screen. Some people don't even set this much up.
    Yes, I've got that set up Thanks!