Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Possible Teltik Shutdown. What prepid should I try next?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by batman420 View Post
    I am not suggesting them...I am the OP. I have Teltik. I love Teltik. This guy is saying that choosing a plan with freebies comes with great sacrifice. I was telling him about how great Teltik has been for a low price with lots of extras that no one else offers.

Unfortunately with prepaid we all risk the company getting closed down or screwing us somehow. I have had issues with Straight Talk, Virgin, Tracfone, and a few others over the years. We are all in here to save money and that often has risks when it comes to prepaid cell service.
    I apologize for my stupid misunderstanding!

My wife is on an amazing plan with 4G Antenna Shop, who is/was also a T-Mobile business line reseller, for $37.50/mo for unlimited LTE data, and also including the One Plus Promo, with the biggest advantages of the One Plus Promo being 1) 10GB 4G LTE Smartphone Mobile Hotspot with unlimited 3G speeds after that, 2) Unlimited HD video streaming, and 3) 2X faster Simple Global data roaming up to 256Kbps (vs 128Kbps standard).

Sadly, 4GAS is not renewing their T-Mobile contract, so I also have to find a new plan for my wife by 8/1/20, and the $33.50/mo Teltik plan that you currently use was on the top of my possible replacement list, so I definitely feel your pain!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk BYOP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VisionsDivine View Post
    Ultra Mobile has a 5GB plan for $29 a month and a 15GB plan for $39. It comes with some International calling every month if that's your thing.
    It would make more sense to go to T-Mobile directly for $5 less for the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Oh Peter I absolutely love what you've done with the place... It's so sterile, so bland, so wonderful!"

Queen Latifah

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Netboy76 View Post
    It would make more sense to go to T-Mobile directly for $5 less for the same thing.
    The $25/mo 5GB T-Mobile plan doesn't include unlimited 128Kbps data, does it? If not, it really isn't the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Have you heard of Teltik?
    of course I have. I have also heard of harbor mobile, 35 or less, net on the run, blue green mobile, and the list goes on. Know what they all had in common? Shady practices. At&t shut off harbor mobile, then tmobile shut them off, then company closed, and they came back as teltik. These companies never last, I wonder why.

It seems awfully strange that you use how a website looks as some criteria (actually legit companies like boom mobile) but teltik being a shady company was fine with you, as long as it LOOKED legit and you got your "Free" stuff. You're not going to find a legit MVNO or business reseller that offers "freebies" like that at that price. You've literally invalidated every other MVNO due to your "no freebies" criteria. I don't even know why you posted the question b/c you answered it already in your first post.

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone 8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    of course I have. I have also heard of harbor mobile, 35 or less, net on the run, blue green mobile, and the list goes on. Know what they all had in common? Shady practices. At&t shut off harbor mobile, then tmobile shut them off, then company closed, and they came back as teltik. These companies never last, I wonder why.

It seems awfully strange that you use how a website looks as some criteria (actually legit companies like boom mobile) but teltik being a shady company was fine with you, as long as it LOOKED legit and you got your "Free" stuff. You're not going to find a legit MVNO or business reseller that offers "freebies" like that at that price. You've literally invalidated every other MVNO due to your "no freebies" criteria. I don't even know why you posted the question b/c you answered it already in your first post.
    Thank you so much for continuing to offer so much help and guidance in this thread. You are really making a difference.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I am not suggesting them...I am the OP. I have Teltik. I love Teltik. This guy is saying that choosing a plan with freebies comes with great sacrifice. I was telling him about how great Teltik has been for a low price with lots of extras that no one else offers.

Unfortunately with prepaid we all risk the company getting closed down or screwing us somehow. I have had issues with Straight Talk, Virgin, Tracfone, and a few others over the years. We are all in here to save money and that often has risks when it comes to prepaid cell service.
    Arguably, choosing a carrier that is cancelling your plan could be considered a "great sacrifice", so I'd say "that guy" was probably right.

If you can stomach using VoIP (e.g. Google Voice) for calling and texting, you might consider a T-Mo data-only tablet plan. Unlimited 128kbps throttled data with 2GB high speed data for $10/month, or 6GB high speed for $25. (I realize the new 5GB Connect plan is also only $25, and comes with unlimited talk/text, but that plan is hard capped at 5GB. The tablet plans have unlimited throttled data after the high speed is used.)

The tablet plans work just fine in phones, and you'd still have access to T-Mo Tuesday freebies and North American roaming (the prepaid tablet plans don't roam outside Canada and Mexico.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Device(s)
    Google Pixel 4 XL, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The $25/mo 5GB T-Mobile plan doesn't include unlimited 128Kbps data, does it? If not, it really isn't the same thing.
    Yep, no unlimited with throttle after high speed used, 5GB capped plan.

I had the plan and it worked great, I ported out recently though and since it is direct through T-Mobile it was painless to get the account number and pin and port out if you ever need to.

T-Mobile gives your account number just like Verizon on your account page but AT&T prepaid unfortunately has not caught up with he rest of the industry yet and you have to call them to get the port out info.
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 200 Meg Per Second Internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: Verizon Prepaid as my Primary, Sprint as my secondary.

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone 8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    Arguably, choosing a carrier that is cancelling your plan could be considered a "great sacrifice", so I'd say "that guy" was probably right.

When did I choose a carrier that is canceling my plan? I chose a carrier that had a lot of good reviews. I have been with them for about 2 years. I've had the best customer service I have ever experienced pre/postpaid. I am choosing to cancel my plan just in case there is an issue rather than potentially losing my number. I will go back to them if the dust settles and all is well in a few months.

Feedback Score
    Can I port an existing teltik # directly to tmo? I know you can't do the other way around...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone 8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ishldknwbttr View Post
    Can I port an existing teltik # directly to tmo? I know you can't do the other way around...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I am not sure. I am going to try Visible. I see about 50/50 love/hate for it. $25 for 1st month ($20 with referral code) and $25-35 for second month if you can join a party asap. $100 digital gift card after second payment. If it sucks and Teltik is still going strong in 2 months I will go back more than likely.

Edit: I got my free SIM in the mail in less than 24 hours.

Edit 2: SIM came with a free SIM tool. Number ported and activated in about 5 minutes. I will update in a month as to how it is going.
    Last edited by batman420; 06-30-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    When did I choose a carrier that is canceling my plan? I chose a carrier that had a lot of good reviews. I have been with them for about 2 years. I've had the best customer service I have ever experienced pre/postpaid. I am choosing to cancel my plan just in case there is an issue rather than potentially losing my number. I will go back to them if the dust settles and all is well in a few months.
    I hope you're right, but I fear the writing was on the wall the minute Teltik stopped taking on new customers. All of the T-Mo business account resellers, like Harbor, 4GAS, etc. seem to fizzle out after awhile. I'm not sure if it's because T-Mo eventually clamps down on their sign-up-anyone-with-a-pulse policies (these are supposed to be limited to business accounts), or they're just too small to live on the thin margins they're making (if enough customers don't pay them, they can't pay T-Mo and the whole house of cards collapses, running it for all of the customers sharing that account that did pay them.)

So good luck, and good for you that you're getting your ducks in a row now before something goes awry.

Device(s)
    Sprint iPhone 8 Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Teltik
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    I hope you're right, but I fear the writing was on the wall the minute Teltik stopped taking on new customers. All of the T-Mo business account resellers, like Harbor, 4GAS, etc. seem to fizzle out after awhile. I'm not sure if it's because T-Mo eventually clamps down on their sign-up-anyone-with-a-pulse policies (these are supposed to be limited to business accounts), or they're just too small to live on the thin margins they're making (if enough customers don't pay them, they can't pay T-Mo and the whole house of cards collapses, running it for all of the customers sharing that account that did pay them.)

So good luck, and good for you that you're getting your ducks in a row now before something goes awry.

I am speculating it has to do with the merger and COVID-19. A lot of people might not have been able to afford paying their bills the past couple months.

Feedback Score
    In the case of 4GAS, I doubt that they are failing. I believe they are truly making the switch to AT&T, and are actually offering their current customers a discounted, although too expensive for me, AT&T business plan as a replacement.

4GAS is giving customers until 8/1/20 to decide. However, I can't say whose idea the non-renewal of their T-Mo contract was, or if it was mutual. But going from $37.50/mo for T-Mo to $55/mo for AT&T is just too much of an increase for me to accept for my wife's line.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, ZTE Z232, SkyRoam, Isatphone 2.1, Karma Go
    Carrier(s)
    Vz/Visible,Sprint,Piranha,SkyRoam,InMarSat
    Feedback Score
    If you look on Reddit there's r/VisiblePartyPay for joining a group to get the $25/month. They fill fast and if anyone leaves you can post the group there and it will usually fill in a few minutes. Zero risk and everyone responsible for own bill, and identities are masked (just knickname and partial number).

Have Visible and like it. Some minor downsides but for $25/month all in I'm not complaining.
    I am not sure. I am going to try Visible. I see about 50/50 love/hate for it. $25 for 1st month ($20 with referral code) and $25-35 for second month if you can join a party asap. $100 digital gift card after second payment. If it sucks and Teltik is still going strong in 2 months I will go back more than likely.

Edit: I got my free SIM in the mail in less than 24 hours.

Edit 2: SIM came with a free SIM tool. Number ported and activated in about 5 minutes. I will update in a month as to how it is going.
    Sent from my moto z4 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Joining this thread because I am in a similar predicament. I have been a long-time user of 4G Antenna Shop and unfortunately they are shutting down their T-Mobile plan in a month. I am now looking for alternatives. I am still hoping that Teltik reopens because that would be the most similar type plan for me. My phone is locked to T-Mobile so Visible, etc are not an open. The suggestion above regarding a T-mobile data only plan for 5gb is tempting. I could use Google Voice with that.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast