Thread: Anyone Using a Sprint LG V50 on T-Mobile?

Feedback Score

Anyone Using a Sprint LG V50 on T-Mobile?

So is anyone using a Sprint LG V50 on T-Mobile Service? Thinking about getting one Brand New with warranty on eBay for $360.

However I hear that VoLTE and WiFi calling don't work and that it suffers from slower Network speeds even on 4G LTE. I don't really care if it works with 5G or not. I currently have a T-Mobile LG V30 and thinking about upgrading. I'm torn between a LG V40 and V50. Don't really care to get the V60 for various reasons.

I can get a new T-Mobile V40 for about $200-300 or used/mint/good/great cond for about $150-200. I also heard from a few people that the V40 suffers from poor battery life, something to do with the 845 SD. I guess the V30 & V50 didn't have this issue?

Lastly I heard that with root you can fix VoLTE and WiFi calling but I don't think the Sprint or VZW V50 are currently Root able. Someone also said that once TMO & Sprint merger is complete that the V50 VoLTE and WiFi calling may work on the V50. What you guys think, get a V50 to be more future proof or be safe and get a TMO V40 which I know will work.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!! God's Blessings and Stay Safe and Healthy ️ l

Matthew 6:31-34
    New Living Translation
    31 “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ 32 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. 33 Seek the Kingdom of God[a] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I probably wouldn’t select a V50 or any legacy Sprint 5G device... they are actually on the process of upgrading these to T-Mobile 5G phones... in fact I was offered a V60 or Samsung S20 for $9 cheaper per month if I’d make the switch — which I did. The V60 is a HUGE device — and the V50 was already large... I’m in the process of swapping it to an S20 while keeping the promo I was offered for the upgrade.(got my S20 now I should have got it from the start — it’s actually a regular phone size and fits nice in the hand.)

A couple notes — these 5G devices are T-Mobile phones with Sprint SIMs. It’s interesting because on first boot they play the T-Mobile jingle and magenta screen, then boot into setup mode where it is looking at Sprint towers (including my Airave) — they run some software updates and then “update the SIM card” and reboot again, at which point it then prefers the T-Mobile network — in my case, Band 12. It still shows “Sprint” as the carrier, but acts like a T-Mobile MVNO — that can also jump to Sprint as second priority. It tends to bounce between T-Mo band 12 (which is barely 1 bar) and the Airave band 26/41 in the house (5 bars).

One thing I will say... around here Sprint’s LTE *blows away* T-Mo’s “5G”... I’m averaging around 35 megs on their 600 MHz “5G” where I’d easily get 70-100 on Sprint LTE with 2.5... the new devices prefer this low band “5G” above all else — even though I know T-Mo has some screaming fast LTE on PCS and AWS as well...

So overall... I’d hold off... on the plus side I’m saving 9 bucks a month and have a new flagship phone and a SIM that bounces to Sprints own network (including CDMA) in the T-Mo deadspots... on the downside once you do it, you can’t go back (they said once the V50 is deactivated it can’t be reactivated since I “migrated”) —and the new phones prefer 600 MHz “5G” above everything else, which is about 1/4 as fast as my previous LTE, and also much slower than T-Mo’s LTE... of course this “should” get better soon... pains of being an early adopter I reckon lol

Device(s)
    HTC One M8
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I should add to the above that the V50 is a 2.5 GHz 5G-only device... T-Mo will be deploying 5G in Sprint’s frequencies there — but the paging channel will stay at 600... so a 2.5-only device will not pick up any T-Mo 5G. They confirmed this in their initial 2.5 markets — even if you have a Sprint 5G device, it won’t get any 5G... thus why they are pushing out the legacy 5G Sprint devices...