Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: How do I find 4g lte/5g towers in my community?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    0

    How do I find 4g lte/5g towers in my community?

    Is there a website or app that can distinguish between 4g lte and 5g towers in a city? Maybe opensignal? Not sure. Would love some help. Iíve been driving around aimlessly trying to find 5g mainly. Iím in Raliegh NC. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,184
    Feedback Score
    0

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    Only carrier website in that link says itís suppose to show 5g tower. Is there no other site or app to use? Iíve checked AT&T coverage map and it shows no 5g anywhere but AT&T has been deploying 5g+ here since late 2018. I also know almost for a fact that 5g+ is on NC States campus but when I put in its addresses etc I see no 5g colors so Iím a bit perplexed. Iíve taken steps to research this and Iím waiting on answers but Iím saddened I canít find any. I mean itís on their website and on tech sites that Raliegh is suppose to have 5g+ live.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    512
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hereís some info off of cellmapper using my Samsung galaxy s20+ 5g




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    39
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    ... Iíve checked AT&T coverage map and it shows no 5g anywhere but AT&T has been deploying 5g+ here since late 2018.

    I also know almost for a fact that 5g+ is on NC States campus but when I put in its addresses etc I see no 5g colors so Iím a bit perplexed.

    Iíve taken steps to research this and Iím waiting on answers but Iím saddened I canít find any. I mean itís on their website and on tech sites that Raliegh is suppose to have 5g+ live. ...

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is 5G +?

    Is it ď5G eĒ which isnít 5G at all for which AT&T agrees to stop marketing as described here: https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...essful-appeal?

    That could be a reason that there is no info available. Just a thought

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,093
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    What is 5G +?

    Is it ď5G eĒ which isnít 5G at all for which AT&T agrees to stop marketing as described here: https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...essful-appeal?

    That could be a reason that there is no info available. Just a thought
    It's mmWave.

    5Ge- LTE Pro
    5G- low/mid band
    5G+- mmWave

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,093
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Is there a website or app that can distinguish between 4g lte and 5g towers in a city? Maybe opensignal? Not sure. Would love some help. Iíve been driving around aimlessly trying to find 5g mainly. Iím in Raliegh NC. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem att has published any mmWave coverage maps, just their n5 coverage for now.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    373
    Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    AT&T has been deploying 5g+ here since late 2018.
    If "5G+" Is mmWave (not disputing, just never heard that terminology before), then the above statement is dubious.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,093
    Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    See this link for 5G+ cities

    https://www.att.com/5g/consumer/

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California Gold Country
    Posts
    7,421
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gdrenick74 View Post
    What is 5G +?

    Is it ď5G eĒ which isnít 5G at all for which AT&T agrees to stop marketing as described here: https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...essful-appeal?

    That could be a reason that there is no info available. Just a thought
    AT&T (maybe T-Mobile) did this before with HSPA+ being labeled as 4G before they had LTE. Glad to see they got slapped this time.

    Nobody is really giving information about what part of 5G is being used in a given area. About the only one you could know is Verizon, because they only have mmWave in a few areas. Verizon does not have spectrum for low-band or mid-band 5G like AT&T and T-Mobile do.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    256
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    AT&T (maybe T-Mobile) did this before with HSPA+ being labeled as 4G before they had LTE. Glad to see they got slapped this time.

    Nobody is really giving information about what part of 5G is being used in a given area. About the only one you could know is Verizon, because they only have mmWave in a few areas. Verizon does not have spectrum for low-band or mid-band 5G like AT&T and T-Mobile do.
    Verizon said it will have nationwide 5g by the end of the year using low band/DSS


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    256
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem att has published any mmWave coverage maps, just their n5 coverage for now.

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Whatís their n5 coverage exactly? It just baffles me why anyone not named Verizon wouldnít publish 5g+ maps yet AT&T specifically published their low band map of cities which is almost meaningless even with DSS


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    256
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    It's mmWave.

    5Ge- LTE Pro
    5G- low/mid band
    5G+- mmWave

    Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Ty. I donít get why people canít get over the fact that AT&T misled people with 5ge. We are well aware of it now or should be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    256
    Feedback Score
    0
    Could this be a 5g small cell??




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    US
    Posts
    39
    Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0

    How do I find 4g lte/5g towers in my community?

    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Ty. I donít get why people canít get over the fact that AT&T misled people with 5ge. We are well aware of it now or should be.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As a novice, it is still confusing since AT&T chose to retain ďevolutionĒ in its marketing materials for which 5G e was named.

    I had not heard of 5G +. It is odd branding when they are still implementing the 5G backbone. 5G + just looks like lipstick ... or a horse with another name. Thus, I am simply trying to understand.
    Last edited by gdrenick74; 07-02-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM
  2. how do i find verizon's closet tower?
    By MikeDz26062 in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 04:29 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-04-2004, 11:10 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2002, 05:16 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-24-2002, 01:02 PM

Bookmarks