Thread: AT&T Prepaid Switching to Cheaper Plan Temporarily?

Feedback Score

AT&T Prepaid Switching to Cheaper Plan Temporarily?

I currently have 2 lines with the 8GB $50 plan = $70 per month total. Since I will be stuck working from home for a while, any down side if I switch to the 2GB $35 plan, which will be $50 per month total for 2 lines?

Any other way to save some $ without the hassle of transferring to another carrier?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    No. The only downside of switching is if you are on some plan that is no longer offered, or you were on something like the bonus Walmart data plan.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. But I have more phones than lines. Back to only Prepaid with the changes in the economy.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

I did just that. Switched 3 lines to the $15 plan for four months. My group plan did give an extra 8gb per month but since I have 2 lines on it they should get it back once I move back the 3 lines.
    If you really want to save switch the lines to freeupmobile (same ATT signal) to the $15 or $20 plan.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Excellent idea didn't think of it. I also have 2 lines 8GB $50 which with autopay and multiline discount that comes to $70. So when choosing the $35 plan with autopay and multiline discount that then comes to $50 per month. Add the Target refill to this and I will be paying $38 as they just finished a $2 discount on the $50 refill with their credit card plus a $10 gift card. Now when is the best time to switch over as you will loose any roll over data?

Found the answer:
    If you’re on an AT&T PREPAIDSM monthly plan, to ensure you don't lose any remaining services of your current plan, including Rollover DataSM or high-speed data usage allowance, we recommend making changes the day before your current plan expires.
    Last edited by One2go; 07-08-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One2go View Post
    Excellent idea didn't think of it. I also have 2 lines 8GB $50 which with autopay and multiline discount that comes to $70. So when choosing the $35 plan with autopay and multiline discount that then comes to $50 per month. Add the Target refill to this and I will be paying $38 as they just finished a $2 discount on the $50 refill with their credit card plus a $10 gift card. Now when is the best time to switch over as you will loose any roll over data?

Found the answer:
    If you’re on an AT&T PREPAIDSM monthly plan, to ensure you don't lose any remaining services of your current plan, including Rollover DataSM or high-speed data usage allowance, we recommend making changes the day before your current plan expires.
    I have still have those 2 lines on the $15 plan and it just renewed saying $15 will be due on 8/7. People say it will change to $30 after July 14th. We’ll see.

Feedback Score

A friend on that plan is still showing the $15 price also