Thread: Question about buying airtime for a family member..

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score

Question about buying airtime for a family member..

Hey guys! I have a question about buying airtime for a family member (my mom who lives out of town). She has a Smartphone on the BYOP plan. Her service is about to expire and needs to be renewed/updated so that she will not lose her service and time accumulated so far. She does not like to use her credit card online (smart but paranoid) if she needs something purchased online she usually has me get it with my CC and then she pays me back via check by mail. Since her phone came from HSN a year ago how will I go about getting her some more added airtime to it before it runs out?

Can I add her phone to my Trac account online and just purchase it from there for her and add it that way or is there another option since the 1 year of service cards are not available in stores anymore?? Need advice on how to do this.. Can she add the airtime over the phone with a rep if I have a pin number? What are our options?
    Thanks in advance!

Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    Yes, you can add her phone to your TF and manage it (monitor its balances, add time/units, etc). The phone must not be in another account right now, and you probably will need to know its IMEI besides its phone number. Entering *#06# on the Dialing screen will display the IMEI on most Android phone.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If you are talking about the 365 days for $49.99, it has not been coming up for BYOP, only showing for Tracfone branded phones.
    Promo code 22448 gives $50 off the one-year smartphone only airtime purchased from Tracfone.com but may have expired yesterday, 6/30.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Many thanks guys! Very good info! I will find a good working code hopefully...

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Chances are the $50 off is still good. Put her fone in your account and try adding from there. Try the code and if it works you can back out. Then go to chat and do the deed using the code.

Device(s)
    LG V20
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Yes!! Success, that $50.00 code still works as of now.. Thanks everyone for your response and time..