Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TF delivery exception...

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yea, I am not sure too. The weird thing is we did not know those houses was back there till my family member moved into one.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Yea, I am not sure too. The weird thing is we did not know those houses was back there till my family member moved into one.
    Then they're not too visible from the street. The driveways look pretty straight. But still, the map apps the drivers use should show them the units with address... If you ever get a chance to ask the drivers what their map apps are (Google or something else) maybe could find out what they see when they're looking for the place.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    There have been occasional postal drivers in this area caught dumping mail in a ditch or stockpiling undelivered mail in their garage. It probably happens a lot more than we'd like to think. People who can't handle the job and go bugnutz or just plain criminal.

The "lesser bad" of fibbing on deliveries, saying unable to deliver because no one there to receive the package, that is still pseudo criminal.

Yes I've had problems with FedEx especially.

I'd be watching the tracking because I will have gotten an alert that my package was on the truck out for delivery.
    Once it was in my neighborhood I would be in the living room keeping my eyes open for the truck.
    Big window in the living room.

I'd hear the truck so I would be ready to go to the door.
    My street is a residential suburban street. No hideaway areas and my house is very very visible.
    The driver just zoomed by my house at a high speed and within a minute the tracking showed that the driver attempted to deliver but no one was home.
    Of course it was a Friday and would be delivered on Monday.
    I never have a problem UPS or the post office.
    FedEx has pulled that on me a few times and I always dread it when after I had ordered something it shows that my order will be shipped via FedEx.

And then there is this.

Happened locally to me.
    I don't order them Amazon.

https://wkfr.com/michigan-amazon-dri...t-gas-station/

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Yes I've had problems with FedEx especially...... never have a problem UPS or the post office.
    FedEx has pulled that on me a few times and I always dread it when after I had ordered something it shows that my order will be shipped via FedEx.
    110% with you on that. I do everything possible, even call a company, to find out who their shipper is before I order. If it's FedEx, I find another source for what I want to buy even if it costs a little more.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Then they're not too visible from the street. The driveways look pretty straight. But still, the map apps the drivers use should show them the units with address... If you ever get a chance to ask the drivers what their map apps are (Google or something else) maybe could find out what they see when they're looking for the place.

The issue with lots of the map apps is the court aka the sidewalk is not even listed as a street, and there is a street named the same elsewhere in the city. If the map app does have the court listed, it goes to the street named that.

There is only a sign where the sidewalk meets up with street.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    Yes I've had problems with FedEx especially.

I'd be watching the tracking because I will have gotten an alert that my package was on the truck out for delivery.
    Once it was in my neighborhood I would be in the living room keeping my eyes open for the truck.
    Big window in the living room.

I'd hear the truck so I would be ready to go to the door.
    My street is a residential suburban street. No hideaway areas and my house is very very visible.
    The driver just zoomed by my house at a high speed and within a minute the tracking showed that the driver attempted to deliver but no one was home.
    Of course it was a Friday and would be delivered on Monday.
    I never have a problem UPS or the post office.

And then there is this.

Happened locally to me.
    I don't order them Amazon.

https://wkfr.com/michigan-amazon-dri...t-gas-station/

Sent from my Monstrous Moto e5
    It makes no sense that they just drive past, how long would it take to stop and give you your package? Maybe if they reschedule the delivery it's a different driver that day and they are just going to stick them with the job. They probably do it to a bunch of people. They are slow to deliver but drive fast. Maybe they get a bonus for getting back to the barn early and if they "tried to deliver they can't be blamed if no one was home." Right, you saw them go by and they tried to deliver. It makes you mad because it's their word against yours. That's what I was up against with FedEx. If the tracking notice said recipient refused, even though I said they never came to the door, they treat it as recipient refused. I didn't yell but I did say I thought they were playing some kind of game.

Whenever an order says delivery expected on a Friday or Saturday, I cringe because it might be a late delivery and they might sign off as couldn't deliver and reschedule for Monday. This time double cringe because it was July 4th on Saturday. I just prayed they would come because it was the third...

UPS updated in the wee hours this morning and said the eBay order arrived in Fresno around 1:30am. They rescheduled delivery for Monday the sixth. We'll see.

The FedEx tracking notice hasn't updated. It still says recipient refused and no delivery date available. Nothing about being sent back.

One strange note, I was talking to a TF CSR and could swear I heard a rooster crowing in the background. It was muffled but that's what it sounded like.

As long as the eBay order safely arrives I'll be relieved but I'll be worried about future shipments.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    The issue with lots of the map apps is the court aka the sidewalk is not even listed as a street, and there is a street named the same elsewhere in the city. If the map app does have the court listed, it goes to the street named that.

There is only a sign where the sidewalk meets up with street.
    I wonder who has the final authority on street designations in a county. The supervisor? It's weird they would have two streets named the same.

Is it a possibility however slight to bring the issue to the attention of the persons responsible for naming the local streets and see if it can be resolved with a new street name, even if it's as simple as "(street name)north" and "(street name)south" ?

I've seen streets that weren't continuous, they'd break or disappear and reappear in a different area of the city. Maybe it once connected but the midsection got built up and new streets inserted.

When I was a kid, there was a subdivision road that wasn't paved that started at the street and was used as a neighbor's driveway. The driveway turned right but the dirt road continued up into the woods and ended at someone else's driveway. People were always trying to find that road on maps. It had no sign saying it was a road.

Renaming streets is probably a big ordeal but maybe the local supervisor or county inspector could look into the issue.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder who has the final authority on street designations in a county. The supervisor? It's weird they would have two streets named the same.

Is it a possibility however slight to bring the issue to the attention of the persons responsible for naming the local streets and see if it can be resolved with a new street name, even if it's as simple as "(street name)north" and "(street name)south" ?

I've seen streets that weren't continuous, they'd break or disappear and reappear in a different area of the city. Maybe it once connected but the midsection got built up and new streets inserted.

When I was a kid, there was a subdivision road that wasn't paved that started at the street and was used as a neighbor's driveway. The driveway turned right but the dirt road continued up into the woods and ended at someone else's driveway. People were always trying to find that road on maps. It had no sign saying it was a road.

Renaming streets is probably a big ordeal but maybe the local supervisor or county inspector could look into the issue.

If you want to know, my family member and even my own dad has tried to get this corrected, but they said that since this has been setup for years like this, and has not been an issue till now, they can not do anything. Plus since the post office does not have the issue, they can not do anything too.

The street runs north/south and is broke up for a few blocks, but the court runs east/west and runs only half block. Plus they are about two miles apart.

If you want to know, we even thought it could be fire/safety issue since those houses are surrounded with those fences, but they said that it is not an issue because they can cut the fence if they need the space or access.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    @advcomp2019

The photo looks like a nice neighborhood. What it looks like is a private drive going back to a garage with a sidewalk or paved pathway running parallel to the drive, and the truck parked on the street?

It doesn't look confusing, if there are only a few houses there and they have their address number and maybe street name by the gate or door, a little walk around should make it clear. If drivers get regular routes assigned, once they find the place, it shouldn't be hard to find again.

Sometimes people put up their own street signs. I was on a private dirt road for ten years and an old timer had named it after a niece or cousin.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    If you want to know, my family member and even my own dad has tried to get this corrected, but they said that since this has been setup for years like this, and has not been an issue till now, they can not do anything. Plus since the post office does not have the issue, they can not do anything too.

The street runs north/south and is broke up for a few blocks, but the court runs east/west and runs only half block. Plus they are about two miles apart.

If you want to know, we even thought it could be fire/safety issue since those houses are surrounded with those fences, but they said that it is not an issue because they can cut the fence if they need the space or access.
    Well, you're right, it could be more than a fire hazard, what if someone was in need of paramedics and called 911. They can humanly do something about it they're just too # lazy. They get their pay whether or not they actually do what their job description implies. That's pretty sad.

It looks like a very quiet scenic location and I'd hate to move. I am wondering if the census people manage to find the houses, that's one you could do without.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Over on Slickdeals there's a thread about this in relation to a TF deal that was posted there that included a coupon code. People are saying the response they received is that TF clawed back in route orders due to the coupon being widely distributed. You'd think they'd welcome sales during a pandemic and it's not like they haven't sold their phones dirt cheap before through Tracfone and the other related companies.

This is the text of the email some received.

Order cancelled

Please accept our apologies. We regret to inform you that the promo code that was used on your order cannot be applied, as this code was erroneously posted to a deal site.

Your order has been canceled, and any charges made on your credit/debit card will be fully refunded within 3-5 business days.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KarmaPieces View Post
    Over on Slickdeals there's a thread about this in relation to a TF deal that was posted there that included a coupon code. People are saying the response they received is that TF clawed back in route orders due to the coupon being widely distributed. You'd think they'd welcome sales during a pandemic and it's not like they haven't sold their phones dirt cheap before through Tracfone and the other related companies.

This is the text of the email some received.
    Wow. I visited the Slick Deals site but didn't try to buy anything associated with the 99c SIM deal. I bought a refurb phone using the TF 99138 code that takes $15 off. I ordered a $15 plan card with it. It was all kosher and the phone was shipped. They debited my card.

That's really crazy that they'd debit and ship and then change their mind. They usually verify before they ship.

Maybe they just called back all orders shipped that day but makes no sense, a lot of orders must not have had anything to do with the Slick Deals TF deal with the SIM card.

Well I didn't get any email concerning the mixup. When I talked to TF CSRs about the order after it didn't get delivered, they said they had no record of requesting for the package to be returned.

Maybe the 99138 code has been revoked and even though they allowed it to be applied, they reversed the shipments. I don't understand why they would, isn't return shipping a huge loss to them. I sure wanted that phone. They priced the refurb and they offered the discount code so why should I have to have the order reversed.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Where did 99138 come from?
    Turk posted on 6/28 that 20PCT took 20% off phones + airtime card bundle purchases and was good until 06/30/20.
    also that ERTG15 took 15% off phones + airtime card bundle purchases (no expiration date given)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    OK, I see you used the code associated with the .99 cent deal. The code may have been what Tracfone looked for.
    I still do not see them having an item already at its destination and out for delivery, returned.
    Exactly where was the package when it reversed direction and headed back?

Feedback Score
    The original SD post was for the TCL A1 (Reconditioned) which was free with plan purchase. Then used the 99138 code to buy the $1 SIM to make the phone free. When the phone sold out, they posted other uses of 99138 code - get 2 power banks for $1 and getting the $1 SIM just w/o the phone. Probably anything ordered that code reviewed and almost certainly any phone with $1 plan.

The phone was sold out by the time I saw it on SD and I bought a $1 SIM which has been shipped and is supposed to arrive on Monday.

I suspect that most of the orders that were cancelled were those who used the code multiple times. Sometimes mistakes are made and some single orders get cancelled too. I'm sorry if that happened to you and you weren't an abuser.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast