Thread: TF delivery exception...

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Where did 99138 come from?
    Turk posted on 6/28 that 20PCT took 20% off phones + airtime card bundle purchases and was good until 06/30/20.
    also that ERTG15 took 15% off phones + airtime card bundle purchases (no expiration date given)
    I thought I had seen the 99138 code mentioned on Turk Forum but come to think of it, I first must have seen it here at HoFo. I was trying to decide what phone to buy and the g6 (new) and g7 Optimo refurb were on the list. Someone posted about the 99138 code in more than one thread and I was going to use it on the g7 Optimo refurb priced at 49.99 (plan required). I was going to order June 30 Weds night, then ordered a TF on eBay instead with a year's service.

I had several TF's targeted, and the next day when I was visiting Turk Forum, saw the Slick Deals link and only visited to see what it was about. I saw the code but already knew about it. I went to the TF site and the phone in question was out of stock but wouldn't have ordered it anyway, with better phones in view for a low price that I really liked or wanted.

I ordered the Premier Pro for 19.99+ 15 plan because I was afraid it would sell out. It wasn't like I was trying to get something for nothing because once the phone was activated, if I liked it and no glitching, I planned to add the 49.99 year's service.

Now that I know what happened, I'm sorry I ordered that day (the site was glitching). I had no idea my use of the code was wrong in any way since TF allowed its application to the order, and went ahead and shipped.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=17137605

This should be a link to a post I made showing that I knew about the 99138 code before I saw the Slick Deals post July 1st.

My post was June 25. I remember conversing with someone in a thread and they recommended the code to get a phone I was thinking of ordering from TF.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    If Tracfone were a competent company they should have rejected the code at the time you were ordering.
    They are responsible for what orders they accept, not us.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I found the ref to the 99138 code at Turk Forum. I put 99138 in the forum search engine and it brought up a bunch of posts referring to its use back into 2018 but a May 2020 post suggested it might be used for phone or bundle purchase.

Copied quote pasted in...

* You can try Discount Code 99138 during check out to get $15 off the phone only, or a phone + airtime bundle.

(End of quote.)

Anyone wanting to verify this can visit Turk Forum and put 99138 in the forum search engine to see all of the posts relating to it.

Another posted Turk Forum quote from May about the use of the code:

...just ordered the new Flip Phone from Tracfone, the LG CLASSIC Flip (L125DL).
    I used the promo code 99138 and got $15 off for a final price of $26 and change with the sales taxes added...

(End of quote).

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sente7 View Post
    The original SD post was for the TCL A1 (Reconditioned) which was free with plan purchase. Then used the 99138 code to buy the $1 SIM to make the phone free. When the phone sold out, they posted other uses of 99138 code - get 2 power banks for $1 and getting the $1 SIM just w/o the phone. Probably anything ordered that code reviewed and almost certainly any phone with $1 plan.

The phone was sold out by the time I saw it on SD and I bought a $1 SIM which has been shipped and is supposed to arrive on Monday.

I suspect that most of the orders that were cancelled were those who used the code multiple times. Sometimes mistakes are made and some single orders get cancelled too. I'm sorry if that happened to you and you weren't an abuser.
    Yes I definitely got scroodled by the code crackdown coming on or after the 1st when I planned to make my phone orders.

Trampled by the 99c stampede.

I had intended to use one of the bundle codes and naturally chose the best which was $15 off instead of just a percentage.

The TF website was glitching badly and I almost decided to buy the Premier Pro refurb at TF's eBay store for 24.99. Then I decided to go back and try again at TF's site because I could get the best deal, and the code applied. I thought it might expire July 1st so was surprised.

I planned on activating the phone with the plan I bought so the discount would allow me to try the phone for 30 days to see if it glitched before adding a year's service.

I was really looking forward to getting it and it was a severe bummer when the FedEx tracking said RECIPIENT REFUSED. I thought maybe they tried to deliver to the wrong address.

I in fact almost ordered the 24.99 refurb from eBay the night before. I had just ordered and paid for the 59.99 bundle phone and was thinking maybe they could ship them together. Then decided to wait, and it was the Slick Deals link that made me decide I'd better try to buy it at TF'S site with code, it was such a good deal, I was afraid at that price it would sell out. It had gone out of stock before.

Well, not all good deals are that great. Some are TOO good to be true!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    If Tracfone were a competent company they should have rejected the code at the time you were ordering.
    They are responsible for what orders they accept, not us.
    Well I agree, if TF offers a code and they don't have a specific expiration date, and they allow it to be applied to an order, and then ship the order, they ought to honor the order since they accepted it. I always thought they checked orders out before shipping to avoid snafus like this.

I think it cost them quite a bit to call in the shipments. In the case of mine, I saved $15 on the 30 day plan but would have paid $49.99 atleast for years service if the phone (refurb) was good.

By recalling the order just for the use of a code discount they allowed, they lost $50 for the future sale on service, plus had to pay return shipping. I paid for the phone. So they lost the sale of a $20 refurb. They can sell it to someone else but they already had sold it to me. Kind of questionable economy.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    I just searched mention of 99138 here at HoFo using the search engine, and came up with refs back to May. Hoping this link takes you to the thread/post. It's the new LG flip thread.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=17134482

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    FedEx Exception Fibolas.

Recipient Didn't Refuse.

Name:  Screenshot_FedExExceptionFib1.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  26.5 KBName:  Screenshot_FedExException1.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  27.3 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Got Tracking update on the "recipent refused" phone on Tuesday. They said unable to deliver and shipper requested return. They provided a return tracking number and off it went due to arrive July 9.

I really don't understand why they cancelled a legit order. They approved and shipped it.

Now I'm wary of buying from the website.

The UPS air delivery of the eBay purchased TF with years service arrived on 7/7 although it hesitated one day at the Oakland facility and supposed to arrive 7/3. Made me wonder if they held that one until they realized I didn't use the TF promo code 99138 which is now obsolete.

The eBay TF activated real fast on the website, was added to my account.

The weird thing is, the last 4 digits of the telephone number are the same as my TF flip number just with the last two numbers juxtaposed. 41 instead of 14. Great though. Easier to remember. I wonder what the odds are that it was just chance. Did someone deliberately pick it. Very interesting.

I've gotten numbers before that were odd. One flip had my PO box number for the last 4 digits.

Ok that's it for this update...

Sent from my LGL423DL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Mine was out for delivery yesterday but not delivered. Now headed back to TF. Status update was: Shipper requested shipment to be returned

Looks like they recalled almost all of the orders. SD reports a lot of shenanigans. Allegedly one driver even returned later to try to take the package back after delivering it. It is one thing to cancel orders but shipping them out and calling them back while in transit is practically unheard of.

It's a shame that a great deal got ruined. With so many orders going out the door for $1 they decided to change their minds and not honor it.

Maybe I'll contact them in a couple of weeks, play dumb and ask where my order is.

Feedback Score
    Tracfone should notice the unintended consequences of their promo codes. The codes are around for a long time, and TF should have metrics about them. But of course they are just too cheap to do things properly, and instead go into panic mode when they finally notice that something is wrong months later.

This callback is ridiculous. TF should be monitoring Slickdeals and other sites to see what's going on. Some of those posters are reporting empty SIMs even recently. So TF is a chronic royal mess. FedEx doesn't want to lose their account, so that's probably why they tried so hard to be accommodating. The drivers might have been read the riot act for once.

I have never seen this kind of fiasco before. Either TF really needs their $15 back, or they just have no leadership.

Feedback Score
    Agreed it's silly. But I also don't think there's any reason for the folks on SlickDeals to go around claiming "Bait & Switch", fraud, or predicting the immediate demise of Tracfone because of this.

There are 2 groups of people who take advantage of this kind of offer: stable Tracfone users who are constantly watching for the way to extend service economically: And the slickdealers, who just want to get something for almost nothing, and have no intent of becoming a Tracfone customer. If Tracfone has any sense, they could care less about the second group, and probably weren't that upset about the first group occasionally finding a way to get a bargain.

I did place an order using the code, intending to use it on our new, 3rd, Tracfone line. The shipment got recalled, but I got no notice from Tracfone that it had been recalled. A little miffed, because looking at only the first page of the tracking info, I made sure I was available (2 days) for the apparently-shecduled delivery (that was never going to happen at my house, since the indicated delivery was actually back at Tracfone's warehouse.)

But, I'm not particularly upset about losing the deal itself. There will be other deals, and it was just a month's service & a disposable MP3 player/phone.

Feedback Score
    I ordered a Reconditioned iPhone 6s and when I got it in the mail it said to charge it for five hours. I put it on the charger and I’m not getting anything on the phone. It’s not turning on at all. Has anyone experienced this before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker5011 View Post
    I ordered a Reconditioned iPhone 6s and when I got it in the mail it said to charge it for five hours. I put it on the charger and I’m not getting anything on the phone. It’s not turning on at all. Has anyone experienced this before?

Yes, I had the same thing happen. The difference was...it was new, not reconditioned. Just sent it back and got a different one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    Yes, I had the same thing happen. The difference was...it was new, not reconditioned. Just sent it back and got a different one.
    Did you have to call them or what did you do to send it back

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast