Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: TF delivery exception...

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

TF delivery exception...

I ordered a TF from the website on July 1 and it was shipped same day by FedEx. Delivery due today. Suddenly got an exception notice. 11:10am, it said delivery refused.

The receptionist is by the front door and it's all windows with a glass door. She didn't see anyone attempt delivery. There's a sign on the door saying deliveries ring bell. There's a phone number to call for admittance as well.

I called FedEx customer service and they told me that the package was refused and the shipper requested the box be sent back.

I asked if rescheduling another delivery was possible. She said no, it's on its way back to the shipper, to contact them.

Chatted with a TF CSR and he scheduled a call back.

Call came but cut off by a recorded message.

Tried to call back but call wouldn't go through the first time.

Second call connected. During call, second call incoming from person who got cut off.

Was told by CSR they usually reschedule delivery, which yes, I've had that happen. They said if it's being returned to TF, they will refund rather than redeliver due to shipping cost.

My question is, if driver claims package was refused by recipient, and they sent it to TF, is there a restocking fee? It was a $20 refurb. Which I wanted and would never have refused. But if they send it back, what is the restocking fee?

The receptionist was right at her desk and it wasn't lunchtime yet. No tags left on door, no one seen in patio outside of the windows. I haven't had trouble with FedEx here before. They deliver to the reptionist.

Name:  IMG_20200703_141941.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  33.1 KB

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    This is what the drivers do when they are overwhelmed or lazy and know that nothing will happen. Same with the Post Office.

No restocking fees at Tracfone that I am aware of.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have heard this happening when the driver can not find the address too. I have a family member that lives on a street address that is a sidewalk only, and some shippers says they can't deliver to a sidewalk or they can't find the street at all.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    This is what the drivers do when they are overwhelmed or lazy and know that nothing will happen. Same with the Post Office.

No restocking fees at Tracfone that I am aware of.
    Yes, I've had it happen with UPS. I lived on a private road (not county) and no trouble with the old driver. New driver and he was saying no one was home to accept package. I was home and he never came. We had a turnaround the trucks used and he never came. I was at bottom of drive watering oleanders when he went by next time so he had to stop.

To say recipient refused and they never attempted delivery is really scampy. I feel sorry for them if they're overwhelmed but to lie, not good.

I'm waiting for a UPS delivery of a TF I bought on eBay. Says it could be delivered by 9pm today. Hope no issues.

Thanks for the info on restocking fee.

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have heard this happening when the driver can not find the address too. I have a family member that lives on a street address that is a sidewalk only, and some shippers says they can't deliver to a sidewalk or they can't find the street at all.
    Yes, some addresses are weird. Places hidden out back of a house and referred to as an apartment.

This place is on FedEx's map because they deliver frequently. Same with UPS. It's the only building on this street (dead ends at our parking lot). I think maybe a holiday driver not familiar with the area? But it's a big sprawling building. Right off the main highway.

I called FedEx several times. TracFone several times.

FedEx told me the second time I called that TracFone called them around 10:30pm lastnight and requested the package be sent back.

So I called TF again and they said the only info was "recipient refused package." No record of them requesting that the package be returned and to call FedEx and complain.

So I told the FedEx CSR what they said. They again said TF requested the package be returned (yesterday). I asked why then does it say recipient refused package if a return was authorized?

If the order was cancelled, why wouldn't TF email me with that fact. They don't ship until the payment is verified. I've ordered from TF before and used this address with no problemo.

Too complicated to grok.

I don't know what else to do besides wait for the package to return to TF and see if they acknowledge the return and I'm refunded.

Really disappointed because I wanted the phone and was looking forward to getting it.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelieBoot View Post
    Yes, some addresses are weird. Places hidden out back of a house and referred to as an apartment.

This place is on FedEx's map because they deliver frequently. Same with UPS. It's the only building on this street (dead ends at our parking lot). I think maybe a holiday driver not familiar with the area? But it's a big sprawling building. Right off the main highway.

I called FedEx several times. TracFone several times.

FedEx told me the second time I called that TracFone called them around 10:30pm lastnight and requested the package be sent back.

So I called TF again and they said the only info was "recipient refused package." No record of them requesting that the package be returned and to call FedEx and complain.

So I told the FedEx CSR what they said. They again said TF requested the package be returned (yesterday). I asked why then does it say recipient refused package if a return was authorized?

If the order was cancelled, why wouldn't TF email me with that fact. They don't ship until the payment is verified. I've ordered from TF before and used this address with no problemo.

Too complicated to grok.

I don't know what else to do besides wait for the package to return to TF and see if they acknowledge the return and I'm refunded.

Really disappointed because I wanted the phone and was looking forward to getting it.

After I did rough research since he was having issues like this, these houses are old college housing apartments that was built in around 1930's. Then they was changed to true home near the end of the 1970's. There is even an alley on the one side of these group of homes with garage bays, but those garage bays are only for that last home. They use to be for all the houses during collage days.

The worst thing is there was a middle school built to the north. When the school left it, a state agency took it over, and they put the a drive in and even a fence up dividing these homes from this driveway.

So there is no easy way to get to these homes but for this sidewalk that is on property line of two other homes. From what I found out later on, the owner of these other two property could legally remove or block this sidewalk if they wanted to.

It is very confusing, but if you get too confused, I could draw something up.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    After I did rough research since he was having issues like this, these houses are old college housing apartments that was built in around 1930's. Then they was changed to true home near the end of the 1970's. There is even an alley on the one side of these group of homes with garage bays, but those garage bays are only for that last home. They use to be for all the houses during collage days.

The worst thing is there was a middle school built to the north. When the school left it, a state agency took it over, and they put the a drive in and even a fence up dividing these homes from this driveway.

So there is no easy way to get to these homes but for this sidewalk that is on property line of two other homes. From what I found out later on, the owner of these other two property could legally remove or block this sidewalk if they wanted to.

It is very confusing, but if you get too confused, I could draw something up.
    I wonder if it was a legal renovation. If not on the record, it might be showing the way it used to look on maps instead of how it looks currently. I'm assuming for postal deliveries they have a package lockbox out near the street rather than having to deliver door to door.

Can see why drivers might be having a hard time figuring it out if they don't know the arrangement. Real hassle ordering items if UPS and FedEx don't know where the address is. That would drive me nuts dealing with the shippers if they keep saying they can't find the place, or some other excuse.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it was a legal renovation. If not on the record, it might be showing the way it used to look on maps instead of how it looks currently. I'm assuming for postal deliveries they have a package lockbox out near the street rather than having to deliver door to door.

Can see why drivers might be having a hard time figuring it out if they don't know the arrangement. Real hassle ordering items if UPS and FedEx don't know where the address is. That would drive me nuts dealing with the shippers if they keep saying they can't find the place, or some other excuse.

There is no lockbox system. It is still door to door mail service.

Yep, it is really confusing at times because some packages from UPS and Fedex shows up, and other package he has to go to the main office for. Then, there is other times that they deliver to one of the houses that is on street.

Device(s)
    Motorola Moto G6, Google Pixel 3a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    This is what the drivers do when they are overwhelmed or lazy and know that nothing will happen.
    Gotta beware of delivery drivers anymore. This happened shortly before Christmas in rural northwestern Pennsylvania last year …

"A FedEx driver was seen throwing packages into a ditch from a Penske truck in Mercer County, PA.

According to Pennsylvania State Police, a witness observed the driver in a FedEx uniform throwing packages from the truck into a ditch. When the witness confronted the driver, he said he was going to pick them up but then drove off without them.

Tracking numbers for the packages had been scanned by the driver, indicating he had delivered the packages to their destinations.

The packages were recovered by the state police and returned to FedEx to be delivered.

Charges are pending against the FedEx driver once a final value of the packages is determined."

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    Gotta beware of delivery drivers anymore. This happened shortly before Christmas in rural northwestern Pennsylvania last year …

"A FedEx driver was seen throwing packages into a ditch from a Penske truck in Mercer County, PA.

According to Pennsylvania State Police, a witness observed the driver in a FedEx uniform throwing packages from the truck into a ditch. When the witness confronted the driver, he said he was going to pick them up but then drove off without them.

Tracking numbers for the packages had been scanned by the driver, indicating he had delivered the packages to their destinations.

The packages were recovered by the state police and returned to FedEx to be delivered.

Charges are pending against the FedEx driver once a final value of the packages is determined."
    There have been occasional postal drivers in this area caught dumping mail in a ditch or stockpiling undelivered mail in their garage. It probably happens a lot more than we'd like to think. People who can't handle the job and go bugnutz or just plain criminal.

The "lesser bad" of fibbing on deliveries, saying unable to deliver because no one there to receive the package, that is still pseudo criminal.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    There is no lockbox system. It is still door to door mail service.

Yep, it is really confusing at times because some packages from UPS and Fedex shows up, and other package he has to go to the main office for. Then, there is other times that they deliver to one of the houses that is on street.
    It must be different drivers when the packages end up in different places. At least the neighbors are decent and give them the package if it's delivered to their house? No porch pirates who say finders keepers. If there's a main office, would it be safer to just have their mail addressed to go there and then just pick it up? That's how it was when I lived in a trailer park.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It must be different drivers when the packages end up in different places. At least the neighbors are decent and give them the package if it's delivered to their house? No porch pirates who say finders keepers. If there's a main office, would it be safer to just have their mail addressed to go there and then just pick it up? That's how it was when I lived in a trailer park.

Sometimes, it is not that easy if the front house gets the package.

I am talking about the Fedex or UPS main office.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Well, my TF I got on eBay with year's service didn't come either. The tracking notice said it'd be delivered by 9pm tonight but never came. The tracking notice never said out for delivery or that it even arrived at the distribution center, it said "in transit" from the Oakland facility and never updated.

The next update will probably say attempted delivery and no one home. That happened before but they did deliver the next weekday. It may not update til Monday.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

Oh I see, there's no office where they live, it's residential with houses and not apartments. Yes, if they have good neighbors who give them the box if it lands there, fine, though annoying. But if they have trouble getting to the FedEx or UPS office that's a PITA.

It's weird they don't have a map they can pull up that shows the layout with addresses on each residence... They must have Google Maps. I can pull up a Google Map of this place with marker right on it, down to the shape of the building. One time I found a satellite image of my row in the trailer park with mobile home and car out front. Grainy, but it was weird. The point is, an average cellphone can pull up detailed map images. The housing complex or neighborhood should be visible on Google Maps if the driver zooms in.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score

I got the link to the map. It really doesn't look that complicated. I wonder why the drivers have such a hard time finding it. They really should see a map of the houses down to this resolution on Google Maps.

Sent from my Z557BL using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast