Thread: TF 'lLG L125DL' with T-Mobile sim cannot make WI FI calls

Feedback Score

TF 'lLG L125DL' with T-Mobile sim cannot make WI FI calls

I have a T-Mobile sim card in a TracFone LG L125DL "Classic Flip " although wi fi calling shows up in the settings I am unable to make a wifi call. Has any one else had this problem and were you able to solve it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shad72 View Post
    I have a T-Mobile sim card in a TracFone LG L125DL "Classic Flip " although wi fi calling shows up in the settings I am unable to make a wifi call. Has any one else had this problem and were you able to solve it?
    You probably have to set up your e911 address. Go to this site to add your address.

http://e911-reg.tracfone.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    You probably have to set up your e911 address. Go to this site to add your address.

Thanx, I'll give that a try

Feedback Score

I have not been able to log into the E911 site as somehow after I was activated my phone number is not recognized by the system (I've had the same number for about 8 or 9 years
    Working on it

Feedback Score
    I have not been able to log into the E911 site as somehow after I was activated my phone number is not recognized by the system (I've had the same number for about 8 or 9 years
    Working on it
    It has been a while since I messed with it but, seems like it wanted the phone to be on and wifi calling to be on. Could be wrong but worth a try, if haven't already, to see if it changes anything.

Feedback Score
    Working on it
    Does this phone show in your online account with the correct phone number? T-Mobile also says WiFi Calling needs to be associated with an e911 location address. No idea why this is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Does this phone show in your online account with the correct phone number? T-Mobile also says WiFi Calling needs to be associated with an e911 location address. No idea why this is.
    I think it is because, with WiFi calling, the 911 service cannot determine the phone location because there is no tower connection.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it is because, with WiFi calling, the 911 service cannot determine the phone location because there is no tower connection.
    Not exactly. There has to be a tower connection to place a 911 call, even if the phone is inactive.

You need to contact customer service for troubleshooting.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    There has to be a tower connection for e911, as Serial Port stated. WiFi is worthless for determining your location, and much the same for the tower location you are using. That is why a physical address is required for e911 service. Still does no good if you are not at that location. Location is also required for wireless home phone service, but the device would likely stay at one location, unlike a cell phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    There has to be a tower connection for e911, as Serial Port stated. WiFi is worthless for determining your location, and much the same for the tower location you are using. That is why a physical address is required for e911 service. Still does no good if you are not at that location. Location is also required for wireless home phone service, but the device would likely stay at one location, unlike a cell phone.
    OK...glad you cleared that up.

Feedback Score
    I tried several times to get the point across that I wasn't able to register to E911-tracfone because my phone was not on the system. Up until then it had been for about 8 years. Evenuall I talked live to someone that knew what they were doing. BINGO! in less than 10 mins the phone was set up.
    Tracfone chat is a crap shoot. And like a crap shoot most times the point can't be made