Thread: VoiceMail ICON TF LG L125DL

Feedback Score

VoiceMail ICON TF LG L125DL

My phone has a voice mail msg ICON on the screen that I can't delete. I do not have voice mail activated so I don't know why this popped up or how to get rid of it.
    Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you have VM enabled. Have you called your number from another phone to check if it got enabled when you activated that phone?

I am not sure if this phone can handle VVM or not. Is this a VVM or basic VM type notification?

I know if the phone has weird text messages coming in, then it could be VVM because the phone does not know how handle VVM correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    Sounds like you have VM enabled. Have you called your number from another phone to check if it got enabled when you activated that phone?

I am not sure if this phone can handle VVM or not. Is this a VVM or basic VM type notification?

I know if the phone has weird text messages coming in, then it could be VVM because the phone does not know how handle VVM correctly.
    Voice mail is turned off.(in fact, never even turned on) it makes zero sense

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shad72 View Post
    OK, I have seen some new phone activations cause VM to get enabled by accident. That is why I ask.

I will let someone with this new phone help out better. Maybe they might know.

Feedback Score
    Not sure why the VM icon appeared when you don't have it set up. But once the notification icon is there the only way to get rid of it is by checking your VM. I would suggest setting up your VM. See if that clears the notification.

As I wrote about in my review, this phone is a notification nightmare. I was so tired of having to call my VM to clear the VM notifications, I had VM disabled on my phone.

Feedback Score
    here's the PDF guide - https://www.mylgphones.com/wp-conten...1.0_200203.pdf page 74 tells about setting up / accessing your voicemail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    here's the PDF guide - https://www.mylgphones.com/wp-conten...1.0_200203.pdf page 74 tells about setting up / accessing your voicemail.
    Thank you but, it doesn't explain how to get rid of the ICON which is what I want to know how to do.

Feedback Score
    Thank you but, it doesn't explain how to get rid of the ICON which is what I want to know how to do.
    The icon is tied to the VM system. Therefore, you will have to interact with the VM system in order to remove it. You should set up VM, deal with the icon, and then deactivate VM. It might even be already set up except for the password. So we have already told you what to do. The phone can't deal with this by itself.

Another person had an issue with a screen lock icon. The solution was to interact with the screen lock system. Same principle.

These phones are not the brainiest.

Feedback Score
    I know nothing about this phone or it's operating system so this is a guess. If there is a way to get to an app manager in the phone's settings, try clearing the cache for the phone app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I know nothing about this phone or it's operating system so this is a guess. If there is a way to get to an app manager in the phone's settings, try clearing the cache for the phone app.
    As this is a known problem with android phones, the suggestion to clear the cache is mentioned several places on the web. But LG in all their wisdom didn't install that option on this phone. I know I could start , clear and then shut down voice mail but would rather avoid that hassle particularly since this is a known android 'malady' I'm hoping for a quick and easy solution.

Feedback Score
    I know I could start , clear and then shut down voice mail but would rather avoid that hassle particularly since this is a known android 'malady' I'm hoping for a quick and easy solution.
    Something I learned after growing old: You can spend 20 minutes doing the damn hassle rather than dragging it out forever. Could have been done by now, and on to something else.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    Something I learned after growing old: You can spend 20 minutes doing the damn hassle rather than dragging it out forever. Could have been done by now, and on to something else.
    No truer words have been spoken. I agree.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    One thing I learned by hanging around for 81 years, when you know that the problem can be a recurring one, fixing it just once so it doesn't happen again is the best move. When that option is not available finding the most efficient way to swat the bug when it comes around is the next best choice. Thank you for your valued input.

Feedback Score
    Android provides the icon, but the carriers pull the strings.