Thread: Unlimited plan for modems, etc

Feedback Score

Unlimited plan for modems, etc

I have an ARLO GO as well as a Mofi 4500 on my Verizon plan. They cost me $20 each per month.

The plan says:

Unlimited 4G LTE (+15 GB premium data)
    Unlimited data provides the high speeds and reliability you've come to expect, with no concerns about overages.
    With this plan, you also get 15 GB of additional premium data to ensure even faster surfing and streaming, any time of day. If you exceed 15 GB, your unlimited data may be temporarily slower during times of high network congestion.
    Unlimited mobile hotspot (15 GB of 4G LTE)
    Turn your device into a Wi-Fi connection for your other devices. You get 4G LTE up to 15 GB, after which you can still connect at 600 Kbps.
    720p HD-quality streaming
    Unlimited talk & text
    Talk and text as much (or as little) as you want.

So my questions are:
    Do I really get 15GB of LTE data and 15GB of hotspot data? If so how does that work? Does this mean that any device hardwired to the Mofi 4500 uses LTE data and if I connect a device over WIFI that counts a hotspot data? OR does that mean I would use 15GB as LTE data and then change the TTL to use the 15GB hotspot data?

Finally why does this plan mention unlimited talk and text when there is none? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hotspots would just have 15 GB of hotspot data

Feedback Score
    Those are reasonable questions but Verizon as well as most other cell companies basically do their best to keep the average consumer confused. I believe it’s like Mr Hagar says you basically get 15 GB and if you go over that they might slow down your data, then again because your on unlimited they might not, i think it basically depends on how much data they happen to have available at the time at your location.
    I am also on unlimited and have never gone over 15GB but they did slow me down two months in a row when I reached 13GB with only a couple days left on my month.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Jack is correct. Once the 15 Gb threshold is met, data speeds can be slowed to 3G data speeds.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Do I really get 15GB of LTE data and 15GB of hotspot data?
    Sort of, the hotspot data counts against your LTE data.
    If so how does that work? Does this mean that any device hardwired to the Mofi 4500 uses LTE data and if I connect a device over WIFI that counts a hotspot data? OR does that mean I would use 15GB as LTE data and then change the TTL to use the 15GB hotspot data?
    Without any changes it would use hotspot data by default.

Hotspot data is hard throttled to 600kbps regardless of network conditions after the 15GB hotspot data is used, on device data is only deprioritized after 15GB so it may be slower depending on local network conditions.

Finally why does this plan mention unlimited talk and text when there is none? Thanks
    IDK