Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Mobile

Feedback Score

Unreal Mobile

Anyone tried or using unreal mobile lately?
    Looking for a cheap plan for the wifey.
    I've heard it's improved but want to hear from users.
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I've heard that the service itself is fine, and the customer service is horrible if you need assistance.

Where is your wife's plan now?

Feedback Score
    They are now owned by red pocket.
    There is a forum where I've seen customer support create tickets from people posting about issues https://help.unrealmobile.com/hc/en-us/community/topics

If you buy the sim at a retail location, you get voip for voice, but if you buy via the unreal website, you get actual cellular for talk. They advertise this on their website as "premium voice"
    Hotspot is not active, but I hear that you might be able to contact them to activate it

Feedback Score

Works well enough for me

I started the service a month ago, for the most part I am satisfied. Customer service is all over the map, I have always done the online chat and if it's a simple matter they are fast and will help you. If it is a more difficult problem they will more than likely be no help.

Call quality and texts have been fine, no issues that I am aware of. Data is all over the map, sometimes it is fast and sometimes horribly slow, if you are a heavy data user you may not be 100% happy.

Hope this helps!

--Nick

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Which carrier are they reselling?

Feedback Score
    AT&T and Sprint

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nassour View Post
    Which carrier are they reselling?
    if you buy through their website it is at&t, no idea about their voip plans you get from retail stores

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    if you buy through their website it is at&t, no idea about their voip plans you get from retail stores
    VoIP from retail is also AT&T. Essentially retail Unreal is just FreedomPop with unlimited slow data. (Unreal has a soft cap that throttles you after you use up your high speed data, FP has a hard cap and shuts you off.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    AT&T and Sprint
    Does Unreal still have Sprint? I was under the impression that when Unreal / FreedomPop sold to Red Pocket that Unreal / FreedomPop stopped including Sprint.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does Unreal still have Sprint? I was under the impression that when Unreal / FreedomPop sold to Red Pocket that Unreal / FreedomPop stopped including Sprint.
    I don't think Unreal offers Sprint service. FreedomPop does, through a strange FreedomPop/Red Pocket branding. It's hard to find.

Feedback Score
    Update: I'm the op.
    What a nightmare, I sighed up, prepaid for 3 months at $45 includes unlimited txt, talk & 3 gigs data per month for 3 months. Ported in, installed APN.
    Had no data, txt or phone. Opened support tic. They unauthorized charges my CC 10.76 gave me service and my plan shows 500/500/500. Now three days, no refund and plan still incorrect.
    Screw it I'm porting out, requesting refund on all cc charges.
    What a sad company. Would be fine if I could get what I sighed and payed for.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score

Inconsistent Customer Support

[QUOTE=#8awg;17141926]Update: I'm the op.
    What a nightmare, I sighed up, prepaid for 3 months at $45 includes unlimited txt, talk & 3 gigs data per month for 3 months. Ported in, installed APN.
    Had no data, txt or phone. Opened support tic. They unauthorized charges my CC 10.76 gave me service and my plan shows 500/500/500. Now three days, no refund and plan still incorrect.
    Screw it I'm porting out, requesting refund on all cc charges.
    What a sad company. Would be fine if I could get what I sighed and payed for.

WOW!!! Sorry you had so much trouble, if that were me I would port out as well and try somebody else. It seems like everything either goes pretty smooth or goes horribly from the start. I was one of the lucky ones I guess, the port took less than 15 minutes and everything but VOLTE was working pretty quickly.

Turns out for me that changing the CSC code on my unlocked Samsung did the trick for VOLTE but they were no help at all for that.

I am good for another 11 months and am hoping it stays working that long, I dont think I will stay another year though as by then 5g should be a bit more mainstream and I might give Mint Mobile another shot.

Good luck in your search for service.

--Nick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by #8awg View Post
    Update: I'm the op.
    What a nightmare, I sighed up, prepaid for 3 months at $45 includes unlimited txt, talk & 3 gigs data per month for 3 months. Ported in, installed APN. Had no data, txt or phone.
    My experience went pretty smooth. I was coming from a sprint mvno and initially had issue activating service, even doing a network reset didn't help, so I did a factory reset and everything went perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by kasanova11 View Post
    Turns out for me that changing the CSC code on my unlocked Samsung did the trick for VOLTE but they were no help at all for that.
    I think most/all at&t MVNOs are at the mercy of AT&T when it comes to VOLTE. I've read iphones have better/more success getting VOLTE working, but unless you have an at&t branded phone (with the at&t jingle and splash screen upon boot-up) VOLTE is really hit-or-miss. Pretty annoying really.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    I think most/all at&t MVNOs are at the mercy of AT&T when it comes to VOLTE. I've read iphones have better/more success getting VOLTE working, but unless you have an at&t branded phone (with the at&t jingle and splash screen upon boot-up) VOLTE is really hit-or-miss. Pretty annoying really.
    AT&T actually has a PDF listing which unlocked phones are eligible for VoLTE (HD Voice) and Wifi Calling here (updated 7/23/20):
    https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/con...TT-Network.pdf

There's also a list of ALL branded and unlocked phones capable of HD Voice here (updated 3/20/20):

Even with these 2 lists, your mileage may vary when it comes to AT&T MVNOs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by user1name View Post
    AT&T actually has a PDF listing which unlocked phones are eligible for VoLTE (HD Voice) and Wifi Calling here (updated 7/23/20):

There's also a list of ALL branded and unlocked phones capable of HD Voice here (updated 3/20/20):

Even with these 2 lists, your mileage may vary when it comes to AT&T MVNOs.
    It's a pathetic list. My Galaxy S10e1 is supposed to get VoLTE but it does not work with Red Pocket Blue AT&T plans.

Sent from my SHT-W09 using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast