Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Text message summary

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0

    Text message summary

    I've been using https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance to track my phone usage for a couple of years. However since March Tracfone no longer provides summary data for Messages remaining. Did I miss something? Are they free since Covid 19? I have sent a text to 611611 and that works, but I keep my long on the PC.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by asalllwey View Post
    I've been using https://www.fastactportal.com/static/balance to track my phone usage for a couple of years. However since March Tracfone no longer provides summary data for Messages remaining. Did I miss something? Are they free since Covid 19? I have sent a text to 611611 and that works, but I keep my long on the PC.

    Thanks!
    I haven't used that method of balance check for months but a check today shows the only value that is correct is Data. Text shows zero and minutes shows 78000+.

    Edit: the results above are for a TF/AT&T sim. I ran a TF/VERIZON sim and the Talk and Data values were correct. Text was blank. Then ran a TF/ T-MOBILE sim and all values were correct. Really don't know all that means.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    7,743
    Device(s)
    LG Q6, Moto E5, LG G6
    Carrier(s)
    TF/AT&T, TF/Verizon, FreeUp
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cv91913 View Post
    I haven't used that method of balance check for months but a check today shows the only value that is correct is Data. Text shows zero and minutes shows 78000+.

    Edit: the results above are for a TF/AT&T sim. I ran a TF/VERIZON sim and the Talk and Data values were correct. Text was blank. Then ran a TF/ T-MOBILE sim and all values were correct. Really don't know all that means.
    I have a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM + $15 Plan that I activated recently. Fastactportal shows the talk minutes x 10 (wrong), zero text (wrong), correct data. The TF app and TF web site show correct talk minutes, zero text, correct data. Dialing *777*1# on an Android phone will get the correct balance from AT&T.

    Curiously, my main phone also has a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM but all the methods (except fastactportal) show correct balances for all buckets. That SIM has been in used for over 4 years.
    Last edited by hpham; 07-10-2020 at 11:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I have a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM + $15 Plan that I activated recently. Fastactportal shows the talk minutes x 10 (wrong), zero text (wrong), correct data. The TF app and TF web site show correct talk minutes, zero text, correct data. Dialing *777*1# on an Android phone will get the correct balance from AT&T.

    Curiously, my main phone also has a TF/AT&T BYOP SIM but all the methods show correct balances for all buckets. That SIM has been in used for over 4 years.
    Same here. All other balance checks are accurate. My AT&T sim is also well over 4 years old.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a Tf/Verizon. the portal used to work very well. I'm glad it's not something I'm doing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    170
    Device(s)
    G7 Optimo Maxx
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Same here TF/Verizon and Text Messages: Blank

Similar Threads

  1. Text Messaging Summary
    By wizputer in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-20-2005, 10:42 PM
  2. Text messaging injury
    By howardchui in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-07-2003, 09:53 AM
  3. blinking text messages
    By donatello3000 in forum Nokia
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-11-2001, 02:09 AM
  4. Text Messaging
    By WirelessToronto in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-07-2001, 04:02 PM
  5. How do you send text messages?
    By Tych 11 in forum Sanyo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-29-2001, 08:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks