Thread: Positive experience with USMobile free 10GB international roaming eSIM data

Feedback Score

Post Positive experience with USMobile free 10GB international roaming eSIM data

I'm traveling internationally right now and wanted to share a quick update for those considering US Mobile (usmobile.com) as they offer free 10GB international data for their unlimited plans ($40/mo).

Setting up service (with number port) was quick and easy, their support is probably one of the best I have had in terms of MVNOs. I'm on their Super LTE (Verizon) network unlimited, pay extra for hotspot and 'ludicrous speeds' so my plan is $50 per month.

Important things to note about their service, your primary line of service (US number) won't have roaming. Neither will you get WIFI calling, so when you're traveling don't count on being able to receive/make calls or SMS.

Requesting the free 10GB roaming data takes awhile for setup, their support agents in the Philippines route the request to some backoffice team. It took them about 3 business days for them to email me the eSIM QR code to set it up on my device.

Other things about the international data roaming eSIM:
    - Roaming eSIM does not show up on your web dashboard as your regular US number.
    - Will be unable to check how much data amount is left on your account, so may need to depend on your device data accounting.
    - Same thing about plan expiration, but USMobile allows the eSIM to last 30 days from date of issuance.

Pretty happy with US Mobile in general, I do wish they had WIFI calling so I can get my SMS here for when I sign on into my online banking etc... but you can't have it all. The 10GB of data plan saved me about $18 (use esimdb.com to find cheapest roaming for your country).

Device(s)
    nexus and RIP Motorola flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    T -Mobile ATT
    Feedback Score
    what were the speeds like ?
    Wanted: old barnfind VWs and Sports cars ,
    save them from the crusher , I have had my tetanus shots so rust does not scare me ,
    anything considered even parts cars

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trackVW View Post
    what were the speeds like ?
    https://www.speedtest.net/result/i/4010527473

Uncapped LTE. It would depend on who you are roaming and which country....