Feedback Score

Traded in my iPhone 6s+

I just bought iPhone 11 from Apple. I was offered $100 for trade in For my old iPhone 6s+. Now the phone was in perfect condition but they now tell me they will only pay me $50 due to serial number mismatch. I could hardly afford this new phone but I did it counting on this $100. Any suggestions welcome

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Was your iPhone ever serviced for a screen/battery replacement or a warranty claim ? No different if you sold a used car and the serial #'s didn't match. You don't have any options at this point.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Yes I did take it into store for battery replacement .
    Was your iPhone ever serviced for a screen/battery replacement or a warranty claim ? No different if you sold a used car and the serial #'s didn't match. You don't have any options at this point.
    Last edited by Serial Port; 07-11-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Phone
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Battery replacement shouldn’t affect the serial number. If you still have your phone, try selling it online.

Sent from my iPhone Xs Max using Tapatalk

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If there is evidence of service done on the iPhone outside of Apple Care could explain the trade in value. Apple can verify this when they open the device up. It is likely that the original battery serial #, paired up with the phone serial # is stored in their database. The original $100 quote was based on an original phone that was never serviced outside their service center or damaged.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for yr replies. It was only serviced at the Apple store. I don’t think they replaced the battery at all. I think I’ll just reject their $50 offer and they will return it to me and I’ll sell it on eBay. I always stood up for Apple but not anymore. I greatly appreciate your comments Thanks

Phone
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if u did a trade in then ur phone is gone!
    after i did a trade in for my 7 plus, i didnt have the money to spend either so when i went to return it they told me that i cant get my old phone back cuz they sell it off to another company right on the spot and its no longer in apples hand....they offer me a $400 apple store credit then they just ended up just giving me the money in cash...so i was out with out a phone and had to buy one used from ebay...ive learned the hard way

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Agreed that the OP is not likely to ever see the old phone again. Apple more than likely has already refurbished the phone or scavenged it for parts. Once sent for warranty work or trade in, the original phone is gone for good as far as the prior owner is concerned. A comparable replacement phone won't be sent because the OP did not like the trade in value offered/given. That ship has already sailed.

Feedback Score
    Apple's trade-in program can work, but it's only advisable to do it in their store, not mail-in.

Do it in store, and you'll get an instant value assessment, offer, and credit on the spot. No uncertainty, and a quick end of story.

Mail it in, and it goes to a third-party company, Phobio, which has a mixed reputation to be kind, and is not unknown to go over things with a fine-toothed comb in order to justify a low ball offer. It also drags things out over a period of time, to first do their evaluation, make an offer, and if not accepted, to return the device.

A store trade cannot be recovered, but a Phobio trade can, but with a chance that only the device will return, sans any accessories that may have been sent with it.

It's unfortunate Apple partners with another company to handle the trades, but overall, it's not unlike selling something locally on CL vs. eBay; the latter introduces more variables, and risks.

Phone
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Agreed that the OP is not likely to ever see the old phone again. Apple more than likely has already refurbished the phone or scavenged it for parts. Once sent for warranty work or trade in, the original phone is gone for good as far as the prior owner is concerned. A comparable replacement phone won't be sent because the OP did not like the trade in value offered/given. That ship has already sailed.
    apple CS (800 number) are very good at pleasing the customer, OP will prob get a refurb giving to him

Feedback Score
    Well well well Apple sent it back to me. How can I tell if it’s unlocked. I originally bought it via Verizon and have used it on BOOM mobile who uses Verizons network. So if I sell it on eBay or market place can I list it as unlocked. I thought all iPhones were unlocked?

Feedback Score
    Well my suggestion is different. I mean this in a nice way. My suggestion is don't buy a phone you could hardly afford.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Good2Go (AT&T) UTT recurring {12*26} $13.38 otd/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.01.20