Thread: T-MOBILE Hotspot Franklin T9 (nice device) and any rumors of a 5G hotspot?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score

T-MOBILE Hotspot Franklin T9 (nice device) and any rumors of a 5G hotspot?

Traveled from NH to MI and have had great service with the T9 hotspot. This was evident when traveling south of I94 and Indiana in some rural farmland area. My older IPhone 8 had lost signal a few times in this area while the T9 did great. I have had the version 1 sync drive and the “Test Drive” hotspot. The Test Drive device is a step down from the T9 and have not had to reset the T9 because of it locking up. Any word on a 5G T-Mobile hotspot release?
    Tricon23

Device(s)
    MT2L03
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Apologies for not being able to answer your question beforehand , but maybe my question will help answer your question.

I have a S20 Ultra and I download on the heavy side ( sometimes hitting the data prioritization cap on my plan , TMO ONE All-in Promo ) and as far as I can see , the 5G is asymmetrical and only used for downloads , right?

There are articles referring to T-Mobile doing tests for 5G stand-alone service ( where voice calls and up and downloads ) is handled entirely by 5G. I'm guessing before there is a 5G hotspot , there would need to be 5G service for up and downloads. ( I guess they could sell a device under the same circumstances as a 5G phone an fully activate it once complete 5G comes online )
    Last edited by mikkej2k; 07-13-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I never knew that 5G was only for high speed downloads only. I have some reading to do.