Thread: DataConnect for NightHawk beyond 15GB?

Feedback Score

DataConnect for NightHawk beyond 15GB?

I noticed when i went to add a nighthawk to my account, that 15 gig is the highest plan and its $70 (OUCH). Does AT&T not offer a higher more reasonable usage plan for the night hawk? Im looking for something I can use when the Comcast goes out due to storms in my area. 15 GB wouldnt be enough and DSL provided by frontier is not fast enough. I anticipate each year that there is about 2-3 days per month during the "air conditioner" months (May through October) where there is a storm strong enough to knock out comcast for 2 to 3 days. doesnt always happen, but I am addicted to the internet and I also work from home doing IT work so I need it for that too... I am semi-concerned about the cost but only so far that I can get my employer to cover it.. I also am dead set on the nighthawk no other hotspot.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Starting to think they all suck
    Feedback Score
    Open a small business account, can be done legit as a sole prop using your SSN as the EIN, unlimited mobile broadband starts @ $80/mo, plus about $3/mo in surcharges. It's the only truly unlimited legit option right now.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Curious how the small business account with hotspot option compares to ATT Wireless internet
    https://www.att.com/buy/connected-de...net-black.html
    (following through to plan details you can select 100GB for $100/month.)

Does the small business plan allow you to add a SIM for a hotspot/router device, or do you have to use a phone's wifi hotspot.

(Signal isn't strong where I'm at, so I'd be better off with a device with an antenna port; I really like using my let router with sma antenna connectors, but could settle with t9 connectors if I had to, but the phone has to be balanced just right in a window to have signal...)

Following this thread with interest.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Well it's unlimited for one, and will have higher priority, and if you pick the lowest speed it's cheaper.

It isn't a shared plan or to be used in a smartphone for mobile hotspot, they're dedicated, standalone mobile broadband lines to be used in whatever device you please, i.e. hotspot, CradlePoint, MoFi, etc.

Feedback Score
    That looks quite interesting -- I had looked at that before and am looking at that again now.

https://www.business.att.com/product...omize?address= is the direct link I think.

The only limitation I see is that "AT&T Wireless Broadband does not allow access to entertainment and other non-business websites that offer video or audio streaming entertainment services, and is not intended for web hosting, or public or guest Wi-Fi."

I'm not sure if it would automatically block sites such as facebook and youtube, but it seems quite workable for a backup internet connection or home office. Interesting option.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Huh. Interesting. Though I couldn't find that phrasing on the page you posted.

The ones I have, and those I've referred to it definitely don't have any restrictions. They don't do anything crazy, just use it as a rural subscriber, running day-to-day business/household traffic. Nothing is blocked that has to be circumvented.

Maybe the terms changed, or maybe there is a distinction between SMB vs Corporate-Level SOCs.

I'll log in and check the official TOS later today and see what it shows.

Feedback Score
    The wording is under the three 8 12 and 50 mbps plan boxes in the gray bar at
    https://www.business.att.com/product...broadband.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Open a small business account, can be done legit as a sole prop using your SSN as the EIN, unlimited mobile broadband starts @ $80/mo, plus about $3/mo in surcharges. It's the only truly unlimited legit option right now.

Wow to be in America... In Canada nothing exists like that, instead you pay an overage of about $173 / GB (taxes in) on a family share plan from all the major carriers. Kind of pathetic isn't it?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lake Michigan View Post
    The wording is under the three 8 12 and 50 mbps plan boxes in the gray bar at
    https://www.business.att.com/product...broadband.html
    I checked the current unabridged terms on the plan, I do see it says it's not intended for extended consumer video usage. The plan I have doesn't have that language on it though. Interesting.

If we're being honest, AT&T is highly unlikely to bother you if you use normal household data figures 200-400GB/mo. If it was really a problem you could always use a VPN at the router level.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baaadandy View Post
    Well it's unlimited for one, and will have higher priority, and if you pick the lowest speed it's cheaper.

It isn't a shared plan or to be used in a smartphone for mobile hotspot, they're dedicated, standalone mobile broadband lines to be used in whatever device you please, i.e. hotspot, CradlePoint, MoFi, etc.

So it’s not unlimited based off what I read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    So it’s not unlimited based off what I read?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Based off what you read where?

Feedback Score
    If this is truly unlimited, without throttling, I would jump on it. When i talked to the representative on the telephone, she informed me that 75GB is the usage cut off and then I would be throttled to 3G Speeds. I asked her if she could put a number on the speed and she said 3G. Well 3G can range from 300kbps to 14.4 Mbps. She would not put an exact number on it so I cannot sign up for the service with confidence.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geekboy1984 View Post
    If this is truly unlimited, without throttling, I would jump on it. When i talked to the representative on the telephone, she informed me that 75GB is the usage cut off and then I would be throttled to 3G Speeds. I asked her if she could put a number on the speed and she said 3G. Well 3G can range from 300kbps to 14.4 Mbps. She would not put an exact number on it so I cannot sign up for the service with confidence.
    She's just doesn't know what she's talking about. All you have to do is read the actual plan description. There's no "cut off" simply deprioritization after a certain GB threshold.