Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why Only Florida for Verizon 55+?

Feedback Score
    Last year when T-Mobile announced their 55+ plan, the T-Mobile CEO attempted to shame Verizon and AT&T in advertisements regarding how they mistreat senior citizens by infantilizing them. Needless to say, it didn’t work because Verizon and AT&T didn’t modify their senior plans and still offer the same old schit with the Florida residence requirement.

Does Verizon and AT&T even consider the actions and pricing plans of T-Mobile, or do they still consider T-Mobile to be a non-competitor?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Last year when T-Mobile announced their 55+ plan, the T-Mobile CEO attempted to shame Verizon and AT&T in advertisements regarding how they mistreat senior citizens by infantilizing them. Needless to say, it didn’t work because Verizon and AT&T didn’t modify their senior plans and still offer the same old schit with the Florida residence requirement.

Does Verizon and AT&T even consider the actions and pricing plans of T-Mobile, or do they still consider T-Mobile to be a non-competitor?
    Until T-Mobile bought Sprint T-Mobile was just an occasional annoyance. it could take another year or 2 but they will have to start taking T-Mobile seriously. Depends on how fast T-Mobile can deploy 2.5 GHz

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I fully expect (whether or not AT&T and VZW are privately sweating T-Mo in the boardroom or not) for them to ignore T-Mo in advertising and PR pieces absolutely as long as possible, in the hopes that if they don't mention T-Mo, their customers won't think about them either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I fully expect (whether or not AT&T and VZW are privately sweating T-Mo in the boardroom or not) for them to ignore T-Mo in advertising and PR pieces absolutely as long as possible, in the hopes that if they don't mention T-Mo, their customers won't think about them either.
    Well T-Mobile is now deploying 2.5 GHz in the larger metros. As more people upgrade to 5G phones and more people in these metros see how much better T-Mobile is and is cheaper that really has chance to force at&t and Verizon to make changes. This could take a year. Also by this time next year Verizon certainly will have at least their likened CBRS ready to go and with the increasing number of phones supporting CBRS and LAA Verizon will have little excuse to keep plans the way they are. You can't on the one hand say you have the best network blah blah blah but your Start unlimited has no premium data 480p streaming and no hotspot because your "superior" network can't handle the plan offering more?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have Verizon 55+ in California. A couple of years ago I called and requested they approve me for it and they sent an email to Marketing and a few months later the offer came to me as a text. I took it.$90 for two lines withOUT autopay as I use a WF credit card for free cell phone insurance. Includes hotspot.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke5150 View Post
    I have Verizon 55+ in California. A couple of years ago I called and requested they approve me for it and they sent an email to Marketing and a few months later the offer came to me as a text. I took it.$90 for two lines withOUT autopay as I use a WF credit card for free cell phone insurance. Includes hotspot.
    The point is one shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get this

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2