Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why Only Florida for Verizon 55+?

Feedback Score

Why Only Florida for Verizon 55+?

Why is the 55+ plan limited to Florida only? Why can’t Verizon offer it nationwide?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The carriers only offer these plans in select states and that is the same with T-mobile, Verizon and At&t. I won't pretend to know why, it is what it is.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    The carriers only offer these plans in select states and that is the same with T-mobile, Verizon and At&t. I won't pretend to know why, it is what it is.
    Wrong T-Mobile and at&t 55+ plans are nationwide

Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry, about my mistake, I thought T-mobile also had that requirement. I am currently on the Magenta 55+ plan with another family member. I live in Florida.

I was certain At&t only offered 55+ in the state of FL as bmtvaquero pointed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    Why is the 55+ plan limited to Florida only? Why can’t Verizon offer it nationwide?
    It's not just Florida. About a year ago I checked my offers on my account and one of them was a 55+ plan. Lived and still live in Georgia.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    It's not just Florida. About a year ago I checked my offers on my account and one of them was a 55+ plan. Lived and still live in Georgia.
    If you go online it says only Florida. https://www.verizon.com/plans/55plus/ and Verizon makes it hard to find this link. It's not anywhere on their site and you have to do a Google search for it

One shouldn't have wait to have it offered in their account. My mother is 73 and doesn't have this offer. Yeah there are 4 lines however we would move the necessary 1 or 2 lines off her plan if we knew for 100% she would get this offer. But we don't since Verizon is being all idiotic about the way they offer these plans. And we're not moving 2 lines off the plan for a MAYBE. Also I have heard of these plans being offered to people with 4 lines. Been with Verizon since June 2006

We have 3 of 4 lines with paid off devices and in a few months the last line will be paid off and we'll be looking to upgrade. Might be a good time to check out others carriers who have senior plans easily available to everyone regardless of location

Feedback Score
    AT&T requires you to live in Florida. https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1374311/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    AT&T requires you to live in Florida. https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1374311/
    Well they suck too so no reason to switch to them. They are at&t. Sucking and making horrible business decisions is their forte.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Well they suck too so no reason to switch to them. They are at&t. Sucking and making horrible business decisions is their forte.
    I agree on that. Att seems to keep making bonehead decisions time after time

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    I guess this explains it. "Those who had this plan when it was available in other states can keep it. However, this plan is now limited to Florida residents only."

Device(s)
    iPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rminor View Post
    I guess this explains it. "Those who had this plan when it was available in other states can keep it. However, this plan is now limited to Florida residents only."
    I was offered it after nine months on a 5gb shared data plan. I have one line and received an email invite. Since there is no premier/prioritized data, I wasn't interested. I live in New England.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I have been considering leaving Verizon for T-Mobile because I don’t live in Florida. ATT has the same Schit requirement. What does Florida have to do with it? Do people over the age of 55 only live in Florida?

Feedback Score
    I have been considering leaving Verizon for T-Mobile because I don’t live in Florida. ATT has the same Schit requirement. What does Florida have to do with it? Do people over the age of 55 only live in Florida?
    The reason for it is a corporate decision and nobody on this forum is privy to how or why it was done.

Maybe there is a sufficient pool of potential customers that qualify for the 55+ plan in a very competitive market/state. I can only speculate and it is certainly not my decision. Life is rarely fair for everybody.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    The reason for it is a corporate decision and nobody on this forum is privy to how or why it was done.

Maybe there is a sufficient pool of potential customers that qualify for the 55+ plan in a very competitive market/state. I can only speculate and it is certainly not my decision. Life is rarely fair for everybody.
    Same geniuses who thought GO90 was an awesome idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast