Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 5G UWB not priority over Mid Band auction and nationwide low band?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Agreed - x60 is where it's at. If you don't upgrade every year, wait for x60!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Agreed - x60 is where it's at. If you don't upgrade every year, wait for x60!
    I upgrade every year with several Samsung and apple phones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When it comes to iPhones I’m just gonna wait to see what Apple comes up with on their own in a few years. They bought all of Intel’s modem talent last year. I think it’ll be better because they’ll be able to design everything in house to their exact specifications and performance requirements, like they did with their other components.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    When it comes to iPhones I’m just gonna wait to see what Apple comes up with on their own in a few years. They bought all of Intel’s modem talent last year. I think it’ll be better because they’ll be able to design everything in house to their exact specifications and performance requirements, like they did with their other components.
    CPU/GPU and modems are 2 very different things. I wouldn't put too much hopes on the Intel talent for the modems since they couldn't come up with a competent modem originally. Maybe Apple will help with that, but Qualcomm seems to have it down (hence why they had Apple crawling back).

Device(s)
    iPhone 8 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I agree and believe that Apple can improve on intels modem design. The problem is patens though. Qualcomm has so many technologies patented.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2