Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What is the Normal Verizon Band-switching logic? Band 5 13 66

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VVivian View Post
    You could ask Verizon for a Network Extender, or buy one if they refuse. It works wonders for daily quality of life, even though you Technically Don’t Need It.
    You are correct that technically I don’t need it. WiFi calling on Verizon has been absolutely flawless since I upgraded my WiFi to a Net Gear ORBI 3 router system. It is perfect in my home any anywhere on my property. The added benefit is great laptop performance anywhere on my property. I know that I could squeeze Verizon and get them to give me a LTE network extender, but there really wouldn’t be any advantage. The problem with the LTE Network Extender is that it will also provide coverage for my neighbors and they will be using my internet connection for free. Verizon should fix this issue with the network extender so that neighbor’s phones will only use my network extender in the event that they need to dial 911.

Feedback Score

What is the Normal Verizon Band-switching logic? Band 5 13 66

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    If people could switch everyone would switch to band 13 and then people out in the boonies would be without service while other bands go unused. if you can't understand why Verizon doesn't let a just anyone switch bands( hint because a lot of people are stupid and/or selfish ) then I don't what to tell you. If Verizon is performing poorly switch carriers
    I completely understand why Verizon can’t allow users to switch bands. It’s too bad that they can’t provide a special modification to the PRL for users with bad signal for users that live in the hills with poor signal, but the maintenance of these customized PRLs would be way too much effort and I also understand why Verizon can’t do it.

Fortunately for me WiFi calling works flawlessly.

So why don’t I switch carriers: (there is a t-mobile tower at the end of my street)

Verizon works well in all places where I work and play. I do astrophotography and spend a lot of time in the SoCal desert and Verizon provides great service there. T-Mobile has very poor service in the desert.

I live in California and because of a Verizon CS mistake, I have the 55+ plan that is only offered to residents of Florida. Therefore I pay only $85 (taxes included) for two unlimited lines. AT&T won’t offer me this deal and T-Mobile doesn’t work in the desert, so I stick with Verizon because it works well everywhere except at my home where I use WiFi calling to mitigate the weak signal issue. WiFi handoff even works when I start a call using WiFi , leave my home and the call reliably transfers to a Verizon cell.
    Last edited by CellGeek; 05-08-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek View Post
    I live in California and because of a Verizon CS mistake, I have the 55+ plan that is only offered to residents of Florida. .
    Actually for about a year the 55+ plan was also offered in California, Texas and Illinois. Also Verizon does offer it to people in other states but to get it you actually have to have it in My Offers. As far as I can tell usually the people that get this offer are still on an old tiered data plan

Feedback Score
    The problem with the LTE Network Extender is that it will also provide coverage for my neighbors and they will be using my internet connection for free. Verizon should fix this issue with the network extender so that neighbor’s phones will only use my network extender in the event that they need to dial 911.
    I have a link in My Business account to whitelist numbers for the Network Extender.
    I did get rid of my network extender while we were having some ISP issues because it complicated things when the internet would go down. I just wanted the phones to switch directly to Verizon towers for data but they would get stuck on the Network Extender with a poor back haul through my ISP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Verizon Galaxy S6
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They allow you to block others from using it now.
    You are correct that technically I don’t need it. WiFi calling on Verizon has been absolutely flawless since I upgraded my WiFi to a Net Gear ORBI 3 router system. It is perfect in my home any anywhere on my property. The added benefit is great laptop performance anywhere on my property. I know that I could squeeze Verizon and get them to give me a LTE network extender, but there really wouldn’t be any advantage. The problem with the LTE Network Extender is that it will also provide coverage for my neighbors and they will be using my internet connection for free. Verizon should fix this issue with the network extender so that neighbor’s phones will only use my network extender in the event that they need to dial 911.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3