Thread: extra 10GB?

Feedback Score

extra 10GB?

I checked my plans today and all of them have an extra 10GB. 5gb plan is 15, the old smart 8GB plan is 18gb. Anyone else have this?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    A few months ago, Sprint (before the merger) increased increased my hotspot data feature at no additional charge due to the Covid-19 issue. I haven't looked recently at my account features as I rarely use my phone as a hotspot. The carriers are offering such bonuses as a courtesy for their users. Not certain how long they will continue to offer these promotions/bonuses.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    A few months ago, Sprint (before the merger) increased increased my hotspot data feature at no additional charge due to the Covid-19 issue. I haven't looked recently at my account features as I rarely use my phone as a hotspot. The carriers are offering such bonuses as a courtesy for their users. Not certain how long they will continue to offer these promotions/bonuses.
    Yes the cricket covid was just adding 5gb of data but they ended that as well as the $15 covid plan. Now all of the sudden this extra 10GB...

Feedback Score
    Extra 10gb for my lines as well.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I’m on the grandfathered 5GB plan and I show 15 GB of data.

Here’s what the Cricket site says for their a Covid response:

Yes, we gave existing customers (and new customers who activated service by 5/14/2020) an extra 10 GB of data, temporarily, on select smartphone plans to help keep you connected. After two bill cycles, your extra 10 GB will be removed.

Device(s)
    Huawei Elate H1711z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I didn't think to look until this thread, but I'm grandfathered on the Ultra Max plan, no extra 10gb. Hm. So officially I don't have hotspot even though I'm being charged $60 a month.

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I received a text message today saying that my data bucket has been doubled. I’m on the old 5 lines for $100 plan so now all my lines have 10gb each. It’s not unlimited but not too shabby. As it is no one in my household is using much data right now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    I received a text message today saying that my data bucket has been doubled. I’m on the old 5 lines for $100 plan so now all my lines have 10gb each. It’s not unlimited but not too shabby. As it is no one in my household is using much data right now.
    funny it says 10GB but in the data side it says 15GB

10 GB HIGH-SPEED DATA 2.5 OF 15 GB

Device(s)
    Moto X 2015
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Has your current month turned over yet? Mine was saying that but it fixed itself when my new month started. You might still be seeing the extra data they gave you for the Covid shutdown.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My account flipped over last night. I'm on the 5GB/now 10GB plan. As of this morning I was seeing I had 20GB, but by afternoon it was at 10GB, so it looks like the bonus 10GB is done.

Feedback Score
    Mine plan switched today. Pre covid = 5gb, last couple of months =15gb + hotspot, today = 10gb.

My phone (LG G6+) was never on the official hotspot list but I tried it during the data increase and it worked.

Now supposedly the Hot spot goes away. I really liked having it at times especially while waiting in the car for family members at appointments. Might rethink my plan options on cricket or something else.

My daughter was previously on 8gb/$50 plan. Now it shows her still on that grandfathered plan which is less data than the 10Gb/$40 plan! time to change her plan and save $10/month. I usually only use 2-3GB per month doesn't matter much to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hooked View Post
    Has your current month turned over yet? Mine was saying that but it fixed itself when my new month started. You might still be seeing the extra data they gave you for the Covid shutdown.
    my month ends tomorrow so we'll see what happens. still shows 15 now.