Thread: Motorola Edge 5G phone pre-order $500

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score

Motorola Edge 5G phone pre-order $500

Specs seem decent enough, 6GB/256GB, all the relevant bands supported except mm 5G, Snapdragon 765 processor, OLED screen all for $500 pre-order shipped Aug 1. After that it's $700. Is there anything out there a better value to get a 5G phone? I've had pretty good luck with Moto phones so will give this one a shot.
    https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-edge/p

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom93R1 View Post
    Specs seem decent enough, 6GB/256GB, all the relevant bands supported except mm 5G, Snapdragon 765 processor, OLED screen all for $500 pre-order shipped Aug 1. After that it's $700. Is there anything out there a better value to get a 5G phone? I've had pretty good luck with Moto phones so will give this one a shot.
    https://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones-motorola-edge/p
    Ordered one as well. Although some days I feel its a good decision while other days it seems like I made a mistake. If all works well for the price its a great value. A few things that lean me against the phone are Motorola's history of not updating phones (I like to use my phones for at least 4 years was running the OG Pixel which just died a few days ago), Lack of community and complaints about screen issues after 1 month of use.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trickbiker121 View Post
    Ordered one as well. Although some days I feel its a good decision while other days it seems like I made a mistake. If all works well for the price its a great value. A few things that lean me against the phone are Motorola's history of not updating phones (I like to use my phones for at least 4 years was running the OG Pixel which just died a few days ago), Lack of community and complaints about screen issues after 1 month of use.
    Yeah, same feelings here. Overall I think I will be happy with it but then I wonder why no water resistance rating? I don't want to lose my phone because it was in my pocket and I sweat on it while running. And USB2? But then I am not one to load it up with music so that probably won't matter. The long term support may not be too big an issue getting in on opening day, basically 2 full years of support is good enough for me. I'd be much more hesitant buying the phone a year or even 6 months from now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, Moto Edge 5G, and Moto G Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + 2x Plus Up
    Feedback Score
    I ordered one.
    There's a good track record Moto phones working with T-Mobile
    This is my first 5G phone with T-Mobile and I am interested how it will work

Optimum/Cablevision

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matt.mingkee View Post
    I ordered one.
    There's a good track record Moto phones working with T-Mobile
    This is my first 5G phone with T-Mobile and I am interested how it will work
    I'm mostly excited about band 71 LTE because I have family in rural mountainous Colorado and I want to see how much they have expanded with that. I was going to just get a Moto G Stylus, and had waited to see if Moto G 5G would be of interest. Found it wasn't coming to US and just didn't get around to ordering the Stylus then this phone pops up and was too tempting.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Today is one of the days I'm excited about the Edge. Just got an email with a tracking number for UPS. Number doesn't exist in the UPS system yet but it's getting close!

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Today is one of the days I'm excited about the Edge. Just got an email with a tracking number for UPS. Number doesn't exist in the UPS system yet but it's getting close!
    UPS says my delivery is tomorrow. Maybe its the same for you as well.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    UPS says my delivery is tomorrow. Maybe its the same for you as well.
    Mine was in Mesquite Texas this morning, needs to get to Phoenix. Yesterday it was showing that I would have it Monday but now it's saying check back later. Maybe I'll get lucky and have it tomorrow, but that's still a pretty long drive.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just came across this site. It looks like 5G will not work on Sprint plan. They won't enable T-Mobile towers on this phone like they did for Samsung S20 5G.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Devi...t/ta-p/1020211

Sent from my motorola edge using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just came across this site. It looks like 5G will not work on Sprint plan. They won't enable T-Mobile towers on this phone like they did for Samsung S20 5G.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Devi...t/ta-p/1020211

Interesting, I wonder if Sprint plans didn't include 5G at no extra cost and they are sticking to that for now. Are you on t-mobile or were you former Sprint? Is 5G working in your area?
    Mine should arrive within the next few hours, UPS says "out for delivery" and my area is supposed to have 5G coverage so will see how that goes, I'm long time T-mobile so expect it should work.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Phone is very responsive, 5G works in Phoenix, camera seems pretty decent so far. If I had to complain about something it's how much taller it is than my old G5 Plus and the X4 backup phone I've been using. I knew the measurements but actually holding it in my hand it's much bigger than I realized. Still fits fine in my pocket, mostly concerned about my carrying methods when running and riding my bike but it shouldn't be too big of a problem to rethink those.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Interesting, I wonder if Sprint plans didn't include 5G at no extra cost and they are sticking to that for now. Are you on t-mobile or were you former Sprint? Is 5G working in your area?
    Mine should arrive within the next few hours, UPS says "out for delivery" and my area is supposed to have 5G coverage so will see how that goes, I'm long time T-mobile so expect it should work.
    Sprint plans do include 5G at no cost but it seems that Sprint is only making it available to certain phones. I was on T-Mobile before and recently switched to Sprint Kickstart plan in July hoping that the merger would bring T-Mobile reliability and speed at low cost. My area does have good 5G service and tested it on Moto Edge using a Mint mobile sim. I will try to convince Sprint to add Moto Edge to their list to roam on T-Mobile.