Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AT&T Dead Zones

Device(s)
    IPhone Xr
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, AT&T Mobley
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vanko987 View Post
    From my experience, you’ll want Verizon in the states along the Pacific Coast. AT&T works well, but Verizon definitely has more coverage and is faster. One particular state that AT&T is way ahead of Verizon in is Utah.
    The coverage maps of Verizon and AT&T in Nevada, Wyoming, and Utah show having both is necessary if you live, work, and play in the area. The areas of no coverage of one and coverage of the other overlap almost perfectly.
    Paul Thurrott:
    Not now mom, somebody's wrong on the Internet

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DMac704 View Post
    Because I remember how bad AT&T used to suck. I didn’t travel at all last year, but when I traveled in 2018 AT&T was horrible in a lot of places. It was very spotty in Eastern NC, DC and Detroit. There was huge hole along I-95 near Florence, SC (I know that’s been filled) and there was no service on the METRO in DC. I know AT&T’s service has improved dramatically since then with Firstnet, and I’m just trying to get a gauge for where there are still issues. Then I can decide whether or not I can live with them. From the coverage map, it looks like most of the gaps are around I-80 in the Northwestern/North Central states.

I’m going to be driving from Charlotte to Nevada and Southern California in September. Should I expect to encounter any issues? What about Eastern NC? Trying to get out there before the summer is over.
    I live in California in los angeles . And at&t was bad when i had my old iPhone 7 years ago which dont support band 14 from firstnet. Which if you do your research Firstnet IMPROVED at&ts coverage in lots of areas and i mean a lot especially rural areas since its a first responder network.
    So i got a samsung s20 ultra which supports the new band 14 . And i get signal in many places i didnt with the old iPhone 7.
    I was with Verizon 8 years. And right now At&t has been better. In California, arizona,nevada,Utah, and seattle,Wyoming and montana .
    BUT LIKE I SAID YOU NEED a phone that supports band 14.
    I am not afraid to drive out the city now because i now have signal on at&t everywhere verizon did and i mean everywhere .
    I even had working signal in Yellowstone, yosemite and sequoia national parks on at&t on the samsung . Were before with the iPhone 7 i had absolutely nothing in those places. And in those places i am on band 14 when I check the service menu on the samsung. And speed is decent 5-10 mbps not the fastest but gets the job done. Better than the 1mbps verizon offered in them areas .

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (2020)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I spoke too soon. I had to add Verizon back. Ran into several dead spots in Eastern NC around Jacksonville and New Bern. Same thing in less populated areas around Charleston. Verizon worked much better in these areas, although they had a few gaps as well.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As others have stated... AT&T is pretty good in California. In rural areas, its better than Tmobile, and has a lot of capacity deployed. Verizon out in rural communities is a bit better, as they deployed metro cells. Places like Ragged Point only have (unusable) service on AT&T UMTS.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2