Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Verizon says to expect a lot of noise about 5G in the 2nd half of 2020

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Don't worry after they launch DSS and lowband 5G they can claim nationwide 5G too like teh other 2.
    What low-band for 5G? They are having overload on 4G low-band now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I don’t care much about low band 5g at this point. More so midband (which probably be reflected in next year phones) and high band. But will DSS help low band? And what’s the likely hood we will see DSS supported on devices coming out through the end of the year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Personally I’m more excited about 5G ushering in LAA and/or CBRS and/or a ton of small cells and the utilization of Dynamic Spectrum Sharing so LTE customers can benefit from all this as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    Personally I’m more excited about 5G ushering in LAA and/or CBRS and/or a ton of small cells and the utilization of Dynamic Spectrum Sharing so LTE customers can benefit from all this as well.
    I hate LTE and I hate small cells even more

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post

So why are you on this site?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Chicago, IL‎ ----------------------------------------------------‎ ‎Duluth, MN
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL) ---------------- 4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Feedback Score
    Dialup was my first internet and yes it was slow but it worked, then I got 2G which was a big improvement, then I got 3G which was way more expensive but it worked ok, my area was one of the last places to get 4G and it was also a nice improvement for the same price as 3G. I’m sure 5G will be another nice improvement but expect to be waiting a very long time for it to be available in my area.

Feedback Score

What do you want go back to DSL speeds circa 2003?

Feedback Score
    What do you want go back to DSL speeds circa 2003?
    Nope 5g stand-alone on TOWERS

Feedback Score
    Nope 5g stand-alone on TOWERS

mmwave on towers only. Yeah Ok

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Back on Verizon again and it seems a bit different perhaps due to COVID. Is Verizon re-arranging Bands and capacity just to temporarily make things work? Things seemed so much better when we had Band 13 as primary band a few years back instead of band 66. Find they lose some Band 13 capacity?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by techfranz View Post
    Back on Verizon again and it seems a bit different perhaps due to COVID. Is Verizon re-arranging Bands and capacity just to temporarily make things work? Things seemed so much better when we had Band 13 as primary band a few years back instead of band 66. Find they lose some Band 13 capacity?

They aren't doing lowband 5G over band 13. n13 doesn't exist yet. And it won't a thing until at least the end of 2021

Feedback Score

Verizon says to expect a lot of noise about 5G in the 2nd half of 2020

They aren't doing lowband 5G over band 13. n13 doesn't exist yet. And it won't a thing until at least the end of 2021
    Ahh...I see and that will be DSS. The way it jumps around from Band 13 to Band 66 to Band 5 makes me feel like I am on DSS already. I doubted VoLTE and that works great now. Maybe DSS will be the same.

Feedback Score
    Is Verizon re-arranging Bands and capacity just to temporarily make things work? Things seemed so much better when we had Band 13 as primary band a few years back instead of band 66.
    I see the same thing in my area. A couple of years ago they started using mostly B66, and the signal strength went down a lot. They then added B5 which does not have a lot of capacity. Seldom see B13 anymore.

Feedback Score
    Ahh...I see and that will be DSS. The way it jumps around from Band 13 to Band 66 to Band 5 makes me feel like I am on DSS already. I doubted VoLTE and that works great now. Maybe DSS will be the same.

Unless you have a really old phone you're not likely jumping around as your phone should be doing carrier aggregation. Yes band 13 and 5 will switch as those can not be aggregated yet but if you're seeing bands 13, 2, and 66 then you're likely using all3 at the same time

Verizon will be using band 5( or n5 ) lowband 5G for now. By using DSS instead of permantley using some or all of it for 5G like T-Mobile does with band 71, with DSS it will be use on a as needed basis. So like in my area T-Mobile uses 2/3 of their band 71( 10X10 MHz of 15X15 MHz) for 5G even though at best maybe 5% have 5G phones. So the other 95% have to share the remaining 5X5 MHz. Verizon will avoid this with DSS.

Feedback Score
    Unless you have a really old phone you're not likely jumping around as your phone should be doing carrier aggregation. Yes band 13 and 5 will switch as those can not be aggregated yet but if you're seeing bands 13, 2, and 66 then you're likely using all3 at the same time

Verizon will be using band 5( or n5 ) lowband 5G for now. By using DSS instead of permantley using some or all of it for 5G like T-Mobile does with band 71, with DSS it will be use on a as needed basis. So like in my area T-Mobile uses 2/3 of their band 71( 10X10 MHz of 15X15 MHz) for 5G even though at best maybe 5% have 5G phones. So the other 95% have to share the remaining 5X5 MHz. Verizon will avoid this with DSS.
    Wow it’s a bit difficult to see Carrier Aggregation on an iPhone but will check again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast