T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon says to expect a lot of noise about 5G in the 2nd half of 2020

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...cond-half-2020

Name:  IMG_0174.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  80.0 KB

Verizon’s 5G network is now in parts of 35 cities, while its fixed wireless 5G Home product is currently in six markets. The plan is to be in more than 60 cities with its mobile Ultra Wideband 5G service by the end of 2020, and it expects to be in 10 markets with its 5G Home fixed wireless access (FWA) service this year.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Nice I can't wait to get rid of awful cable broadband

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    LTE its the network !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dtv757 View Post
    Nice I can't wait to get rid of awful cable broadband
    Only available in the few areas that will have Ultra Wideband coverage. It's never going to be a viable option for the vast majority of customers looking to replace cable broadband.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Only available in the few areas that will have Ultra Wideband coverage. It's never going to be a viable option for the vast majority of customers looking to replace cable broadband.
    Yep Verizon has stated they hope to have it available to 30 million households within 4 years. There is roughly 130 million households in the US. So at best 23%. if you want to count only area where FiOS is not available since I believe they will not offer this service in those areas, that would make it about 26%

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...cond-half-2020

Name:  IMG_0174.JPG
Views: 150
Size:  80.0 KB

Verizon’s 5G network is now in parts of 35 cities, while its fixed wireless 5G Home product is currently in six markets. The plan is to be in more than 60 cities with its mobile Ultra Wideband 5G service by the end of 2020, and it expects to be in 10 markets with its 5G Home fixed wireless access (FWA) service this year.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    That ‘more than 60 cities’ better be mine by the end of the year. I read somewhere that Verizon and even T-Mobile were focused more on bigger cities for their high band and AT&T was sort of a mixed bag. Well my city is the second largest in my state. They already have it in the largest and third largest cities here. And we are the capitol of the state so I’m praying they come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    That ‘more than 60 cities’ better be mine by the end of the year. I read somewhere that Verizon and even T-Mobile were focused more on bigger cities for their high band and AT&T was sort of a mixed bag. Well my city is the second largest in my state. They already have it in the largest and third largest cities here. And we are the capitol of the state so I’m praying they come.
    Even when it does come it won't be everywhere. Look at Chicago which was the first mobile 5G city. While coverage there has expanded since it launched in April 2019 it still only covers a small portion of the city. Maybe what 10% and that's after 15 months

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    Even when it does come it won't be everywhere. Look at Chicago which was the first mobile 5G city. While coverage there has expanded since it launched in April 2019 it still only covers a small portion of the city. Maybe what 10% and that's after 15 months
    Sign me up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Sign me up

Don't worry after they launch DSS and lowband 5G they can claim nationwide 5G too like teh other 2.Even though it resembles nothing like the 5G we've been promised for years from all three carriers. But hey your phone now says 5G instead of 4G

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Just my personal opinion , instead of the phone companies fighting or who has the best 5G... i say they combine resources and expand FTTH and 5G.

Too may folks suffer from horrible cable broadband, espically during this pandemic. FTTH must be expanded .

Telcos need to win back the broadband marketshare.

Combine resources bring back the #bellsystem and bell labs !!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just my personal opinion , instead of the phone companies fighting or who has the best 5G... i say they combine resources and expand FTTH and 5G.

Too may folks suffer from horrible cable broadband, espically during this pandemic. FTTH must be expanded .

Telcos need to win back the broadband marketshare.

Combine resources bring back the #bellsystem and bell labs !!
    What exactly are these widespread issues with cable broadband that you speak of? I've lived in 5 states in the past 20 years and have had cable broadband from ~7 separate cable companies and I've never had any issues whatsoever.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    What exactly are these widespread issues with cable broadband that you speak of? I've lived in 5 states in the past 20 years and have had cable broadband from ~7 separate cable companies and I've never had any issues whatsoever.
    Lucky u , mine is down all the time. It's 100° today and guess what there's an outage in my area..

They buried a brand new line from the pedestal to the house still flaming hot garbage

Lucky I have LTE unlimited but that doesn't help the other devices in my home.

My directv video service is more reliable than this awful cable broadband . I miss when I had fiber 0 issue no matter the weather and amazing up load speeds.

If I had a job where I had to work at home I would be fired.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Lucky u , mine is down all the time. It's 100° today and guess what there's an outage in my area..

They buried a brand new line from the pedestal to the house still flaming hot garbage

Lucky I have LTE unlimited but that doesn't help the other devices in my home.

My directv video service is more reliable than this awful cable broadband . I miss when I had fiber 0 issue no matter the weather and amazing up load speeds.

If I had a job where I had to work at home I would be fired.

Sorry to hear that - that would be frustrating!

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozlow3 View Post
    Sorry to hear that - that would be frustrating!
    Unfortunately my current location (central office) was skipped for fios . So I have to suffer

Next move will definitely make sure fios is available.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately my current location (central office) was skipped for fios . So I have to suffer

Next move will definitely make sure fios is available.

I did have AT&T Fiber briefly in another apartment building and that worked really well for me as well. Knock on wood, I've not had any issues to speak of with cable broadband however. Maybe 2-3 brief outages that were resolved quickly over the past decade or so but nothing really worth mentioning.

Device(s)
    Samsung N9
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I pay for "gigablast"

And it's a flaming hot blast of ....

One of my co workers recently went to cable for the pricing wars ... he got 50% pack less to every site he switched back to fios 48 hours later

U want any more horror stories I have more smh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast