Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fake T-Mobile 5g icons on $amsung a71 5g

Feedback Score

Fake T-Mobile 5g icons on $amsung a71 5g

I just purchased a Samsung A71 5g because its 5g ready. I checked the coverage map for tmobile 5g in Denver. The store and my house are in a 5g area. I see my icon says 5g. I do speed test and no 5g speeds. I download a few apps to see what band I am connected to. I am almost always connected to band 2 1900 mhz spectrum. Tmobile uses band 77 and i have never connected to band 77 the only band for 5g. So this is a similar issue to the S20 also displaying a 5g icon even if you are only connected to 4g because the tower is capable of 5g ready... this makes no sense to me. Is tmobile committing fraud? I have never connected to 600 mhz band 77 in denver...

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    I just purchased a Samsung A71 5g because its 5g ready. I checked the coverage map for tmobile 5g in Denver. The store and my house are in a 5g area. I see my icon says 5g. I do speed test and no 5g speeds. I download a few apps to see what band I am connected to. I am almost always connected to band 2 1900 mhz spectrum. Tmobile uses band 77 and i have never connected to band 77 the only band for 5g. So this is a similar issue to the S20 also displaying a 5g icon even if you are only connected to 4g because the tower is capable of 5g ready... this makes no sense to me. Is tmobile committing fraud? I have never connected to 600 mhz band 77 in denver...

Dial *#0011# and you can see what you're connected to. Right now 5G is LTE+5G so it could really be 5G. Those apps only show the first carrier you're connected to not the 2nd,3rd and so on

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Dial *#0011# and you can see what you're connected to. Right now 5G is LTE+5G so it could really be 5G. Those apps only show the first carrier you're connected to not the 2nd,3rd and so on

They dialing code does not work. And I am connected to band 2 and not band 71 the 600 mhz spectrum that has dual 4g and 5g. So since I am on band 2 I can not be on 5g at all.

Feedback Score
    They dialing code does not work. And I am connected to band 2 and not band 71 the 600 mhz spectrum that has dual 4g and 5g. So since I am on band 2 I can not be on 5g at all.

I don't know why it does work. However I don't think you were understanding me. There is this thing called carrier aggregation where you're connected to more than one band, but those apps only show the first one you're connected to which is why I said to try that code. It should work

Feedback Score

I don't think T-Mobile has band 77 5G

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Androided View Post
    I don't think T-Mobile has band 77 5G

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
    I think he meant B71

Feedback Score
    I don't know why it does work. However I don't think you were understanding me. There is this thing called carrier aggregation where you're connected to more than one band, but those apps only show the first one you're connected to which is why I said to try that code. It should work

I got it to work... I also turned off roaming. And band nr71 is for roaming and not tmobile... so I turned off data roaming and turned off and back on phone. I have attached the screen shot... I still don't think its on 5g..

Feedback Score
    I got it to work... I also turned off roaming. And band nr71 is for roaming and not tmobile... so I turned off data roaming and turned off and back on phone. I have attached the screen shot... I still don't think its on 5g..

You are on 5G it says NR band n71. If you're going by speedtests low band is just for coverage and is not a improvement over LTE. Also what do you mean n71 is roaming? That's a TMO band

Feedback Score
    You are on 5G it says NR band n71. If you're going by speedtests low band is just for coverage and is not a improvement over LTE. Also what do you mean n71 is roaming? That's a TMO band

I checked the tmobile phone specs and all roaming bands are nr and a number... i attached screen grab. If you check the bands in the image that it supports for roaming its nr71 and 71 for non roaming. in my speedtest app it says I am connected to band 2 and nr71. I would say something is interesting in Denver and the bands...

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi), Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I don't think Network Cell Info nor Signal Spy is updated to display 5G NR data; SignalCheck (Lite) and Cellmapper does display some info.

I checked the tmobile phone specs and all roaming bands are nr and a number... i attached screen grab

If you notice, it says LTE roaming with just numbers for the bands (although 41 is about to be less "roaming" as Sprint's band 41 is being integrated through the recent merger). The semicolon in that description separates the roaming info from the 5G info.

There is no 5G roaming currently.

T-Mobile currently uses n71 and n41 for its 5G (it will eventually use more bands).

The previous screenshots you posted do show you successfully on 5G on n71 using band 2 as the LTE anchor.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    That font is awful to read on that Samsung
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5+, Any and all Windows Phones!
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I checked the tmobile phone specs and all roaming bands are nr and a number... i attached screen grab. If you check the bands in the image that it supports for roaming its nr71 and 71 for non roaming. in my speedtest app it says I am connected to band 2 and nr71. I would say something is interesting in Denver and the bands...

No, you're misreading the specs...

T-Mo printed the band list without using hard returns to separate the various band groupings. "n41" and "n71" are not listed as the last two bands under LTE Roaming, but as the sole bands in the "5G" category (note "5G:" after "41" at the end of the LTE Roaming list.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    --
    Todd Allcock, Microsoft MVP: Mobile Devices 2007-2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elecconnec View Post
    No, you're misreading the specs...

T-Mo printed the band list without using hard returns to separate the various band groupings. "n41" and "n71" are not listed as the last two bands under LTE Roaming, but as the sole bands in the "5G" category (note "5G:" after "41" at the end of the LTE Roaming list.)

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Network Cell Info doesn't show 5G a far as I know. Also current 5G is non standalone and still relies on a LTE carrier for uplink

Feedback Score

Fake T-Mobile 5g icons on $amsung a71 5g

This happened to me with AT&T when I purchased the s20+ 5g. Phone showed 5g. I was in line of site of the towers for the most part and when I went into service mode I think 5g nr was blank. Speedtests showed LTE. So I returned the phone in hopes that things will improve by the end of the year here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast