Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fake T-Mobile 5g icons on $amsung a71 5g

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, Moto Edge 5G, and Moto G Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + 2x Plus Up
    Feedback Score
    I cannot tell this is "fake 5G" after I got Motorola Edge.
    The phone decides which connection is better.
    It turned out the phone shows 5G (yes, even diagnosis shows 5G as data, it still prefers LTE)
    My home area has N41 5G and my phone achieved 130/70

Optimum/Cablevision

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    My OnePlus 8 also shows LTE when using SignalCheck Pro, the 3rd party apps are just not properly updated yet..

As far as I know the only one that works properly requires root as well, I know I’m on 5G though as i’m getting higher downloads with it on (thanks to an un-crowded channel)

OP, n71 is just another way to write Band 71 5G, not roaming. The phone also anchors to B66 or B2 + n71 5G, and those apps do not know how to determine it’s connected to both yet

(also, that font is horrific on your phone... how do you use that? - I’d immediately trash any device if it came with that)
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more “rural” areas)

Feedback Score
    Unsolved the issue by just going back to apple. I have the iPhone 12 mini in product red. The Samsung a71 5G is sitting in my drawer as I paid my half of the phone but they some pay their half as T-Mobile said it’s bill credits. Never get a phone with bill credits. I either have to pay off the other $300 or so or wait two years. This bill credits thing is a big scam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dzuchowski71 View Post
    Unsolved the issue by just going back to apple. I have the iPhone 12 mini in product red. The Samsung a71 5G is sitting in my drawer as I paid my half of the phone but they some pay their half as T-Mobile said it’s bill credits. Never get a phone with bill credits. I either have to pay off the other $300 or so or wait two years. This bill credits thing is a big scam

Well yeah, it's why I always buy my phones directly from the OEM. Anytime you have to take a bill credit for a device, it's just an unofficial contract.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE (2016), Chromebook
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thing is, its not a fake 5G signal if the OP and those complaining are using low band 5G NR. Taking into consideration that low band (n71) which is a T-Mobile native band, not roaming, but has not gotten speeds any better than LTE at this time. Though mid-bands can be just as slow if its congested too.

Also, 5G at this time is not Stand Alone, so your anchor connection will be LTE and the apps will only show the anchor connection.
    (So far, I don't know of any carriers offering SA 5G so you will show connections to both LTE and 5G NR at the same time. However, the cell info apps are not updated to be able to show anything more than the anchor connections, which will be LTE.)
    Drako Swiftclaw

Webmaster for Drako's Website Services
    Review Team Member for Drako's Wireless Review
    Independent Tech for DTech Seattle

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    Well yeah, it's why I always buy my phones directly from the OEM. Anytime you have to take a bill credit for a device, it's just an unofficial contract.
    One reason why I prefer prepaid plans/carrier and buying the phones outright. Also why I tend to stick to lower priced devices considering how often it may need to be replaced.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thing is, this is a non-issue. As many have been pointing out the signal isn't fake 5G, its that 5G still requires the phone to anchor into LTE while also getting a 5G signal. I saw the screenshots and you were on 5G on T-Mobile's native network. It's just that the devices need to anchor to LTE as well, so you are getting multiple signals.

It's just that lower band 5G and congested mid band will have about the same speeds as LTE.
    The main benefit of 5G right now is lower latency, or a lower ping rate. Which means connecting to the servers faster.

As for the cell info apps: They are not updated for 5G yet since the market is still new and smallish. So they will only show the LTE anchor signal even though you are connected to both LTE and 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Thing is, this is a non-issue. As many have been pointing out the signal isn't fake 5G, its that 5G still requires the phone to anchor into LTE while also getting a 5G signal. I saw the screenshots and you were on 5G on T-Mobile's native network. It's just that the devices need to anchor to LTE as well, so you are getting multiple signals.

It's just that lower band 5G and congested mid band will have about the same speeds as LTE.
    The main benefit of 5G right now is lower latency, or a lower ping rate. Which means connecting to the servers faster.

As for the cell info apps: They are not updated for 5G yet since the market is still new and smallish. So they will only show the LTE anchor signal even though you are connected to both LTE and 5G.
    Apple does not play these types of games they have an option to use 5G preferred option. Apple does not lie and confuse users.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Apple does not play these types of games they have an option to use 5G preferred option. Apple does not lie and confuse users.

It's not a confusion thing, its an OS thing. You are getting 5G on both, just that Apple doesn't let you see that it is still anchored to LTE because Apple doesn't let you, or any apps, have that kind of system access.

I should know as a Tech with both OSes.

So you are getting the same connections, just now with a weaker antenna - at least from my experiences with iPhones.

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac32here View Post
    Thing is, its not a fake 5G signal if the OP and those complaining are using low band 5G NR. Taking into consideration that low band (n71) which is a T-Mobile native band, not roaming, but has not gotten speeds any better than LTE at this time. Though mid-bands can be just as slow if its congested too.

Also, 5G at this time is not Stand Alone, so your anchor connection will be LTE and the apps will only show the anchor connection.
    (So far, I don't know of any carriers offering SA 5G so you will show connections to both LTE and 5G NR at the same time. However, the cell info apps are not updated to be able to show anything more than the anchor connections, which will be LTE.)
    Tmobile is using stand alone NR. They launched it a few months back.

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/networ...lone-5g-launch

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    5g SA for the non believersName:  Screenshot_20201124-205548.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  25.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20201124-115247.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  22.6 KB

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Tello, US Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well, then - if SA is opening up, devices might need to support SA to connect without that LTE Anchor then.

Carrier(s)
    prepaid baby
    Feedback Score
    Does the pixel 5 support n71 on 600? I'm only seeing n66 in my area no n41 yet either. Speeds aren't that much better than LTE
    * This device seamlessly switches between T-Mobile and Sprint's networks jumping around like it's one network.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckspaul View Post
    Does the pixel 5 support n71 on 600? I'm only seeing n66 in my area no n41 yet either. Speeds aren't that much better than LTE
    * This device seamlessly switches between T-Mobile and Sprint's networks jumping around like it's one network.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using HoFo mobile app
    Yes on n71 support on the pixel 5. Also, it's impossible to be connected to N66 as no carrier has deployed N66 yet. Likely you are seeing N71 with 4/66 Lte as the anchor band.

Device(s)
    One Plus 8 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is more of a device dependency than network. 5G SA, unless you are in a bad place, will often be slower, but with better latency than 5g NSA... For now. Best I've hit was about 120Mbps on 5g SA. Best I've hit on LTE was 300Mbps. Best on 5g NSA (no n41) was a bit better than 425Mbps. Best with 5g NSA with n41/n71 was a bit better than 500Mbps.

Averages will typically be much less, especially as iPhone 12s come out.

Sent from my IN2017 using HoFo mobile app

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast