Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Union Wireless Added to the FirstNet Mix

Device(s)
    Note 10+
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcspidey4 View Post
    You'd think, but regular AT&T customers (not FirstNet) are being limited to 100-400MB when roaming on Commnet, which is surprising, because I thought it was considered native like regular AT&T.
    What plan do you have?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeybutts View Post
    What plan do you have?
    I'm not a customer, but I have family members who are.

All AT&T plans have domestic data roaming limits:

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1045445/

My family visiting the Grand Canyon (roaming on Commnet) got this message:

Name:  IMG_0662.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  68.1 KB

Feedback Score
    It’s probably because Nemont uses Huawei base stations, and their corse is all Huawei. Nemont cannot use USF to purchase anymore non “approved” network vendor equipment. So they are stuck in a rutt.
    Nemont leases 10 MHZ of band 5 for their UMTS network from AT&T. Nemont has decent coverage but horrible capacity. I’m so happy ATT gets their own native coverage here! Far superior to T-Mobiles spotty build out. (Microwave backhaul, no generators for back up power).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    Atts first net deployments have been lackluster at best. Should of went to T-Mobile.
    T-mobiles service is honestly lucklaster. At least in rural Montana. The competitors have their towers fed with fiber, while t-mobile has done massive microwave links. It’s disconcerting because eastern Montana as a whole gets terrible winds and I already know of areas that have had big t-mobile outrages due to wind taking out their microwave dishes. Not to mention there is a lot of dead zones for t-mobile. AT&T will have amazing coverage as they are adding their own facilities to Nemonts existing tower build up. However, I am Fortunate enough to get t-mobiles home internet for my folks. They were paying $130/mo for 30 mbps down and 5 up and a landline. Hardly anyone is on the T-Mobile tower near by their home in north East Montana. My family has supported Nemont for years but their service is not affordable considering we are in a huge recession.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile doesn't have much incentive to build a quality network in the Nemont service area. It lacks customers and therefore, not much service revenue can be obtained. To be fair, AT&T is building there only because government contracts require them to build. In addition, the cell sites are required to be Huawei equipment free and the cell sites must have backup generators/batteries. I wouldn't expect much out of T-Mobile, but at least they're building up there because they really don't have to do a thing. I see on the updated AT&T coverage map AT&T now has coverage throughout the Nemont service area. I am speculating, but I think AT&T's coverage map is probably over a month behind of what is really happening on the ground. So coverage is probably better than what is being reported on their coverage map because AT&T could be finished building FirstNet/AT&T coverage throughout Northeast Montana/Western North Dakota. In other FirstNet news I see AT&T will build on 72 Army bases and a few Air Force bases. Good for the troops. When I was stationed in Fort Drum, NY service on the base was basically whatever signal you could get coming from the tower outside the base so little to none was available. Glad to hear AT&T has brought good quality coverage throughout the Nemont service area, however I think it would be a good idea to stick with Nemont and support small business provided that the service/quality/prices work for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2