Thread: Plain Vanilla Activation

Feedback Score

Plain Vanilla Activation

I'm helping my neighbor set up a Moto E6 (from HSN with the preloaded buckets and year of service). Since it will be a simple activation (new account, new number, no transfer) I was going to just use the standard automated process, but I thought I'd check first if anyone has heard of any recent issues with the preloaded new phone bundles (e.g. a blank SIM) that might make using chat a safer option?

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I believe the bundles have the airtime connected to the IMEI, but there can still be rare glitches. So it can't hurt to use chat. Also, I recommend adding the phone to an online account first so that you can see what's happening. An online account is a good idea anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I believe the bundles have the airtime connected to the IMEI, but there can still be rare glitches. So it can't hurt to use chat. Also, I recommend adding the phone to an online account first so that you can see what's happening. An online account is a good idea anyway.
    Thanks Lisme, I'll take the chat route ( I tend to be a bit risk averse, especially on things with Tracfone(g). I set up both a Tracfone and a Google Voice account for her so she could have dual numbers, and used the GV number as the Tracfone contact number. She preferred to use a pseudonym (for her last name); I assume that's not a potential problem?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I would want to be correctly identified as the owner of the account.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beachcomber43 View Post
    Thanks Lisme, I'll take the chat route ( I tend to be a bit risk averse, especially on things with Tracfone(g). I set up both a Tracfone and a Google Voice account for her so she could have dual numbers, and used the GV number as the Tracfone contact number. She preferred to use a pseudonym (for her last name); I assume that's not a potential problem?

Sent from my moto e5 (XT1920DL) using HoFo mobile app
    Pseudonym is fine so long as she remembers it, and any other info she gives them. I also keep track of all PINs and the date that I apply them as further proof of ownership.