Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile has consolidated the LTE & 5G Coverage Maps

Feedback Score

T-Mobile has consolidated the LTE & 5G Coverage Maps

T-Mobile has finally combined the 4G LTE & 5G coverage maps.

The only drawback I see so far is that it doesn't color-code the map based on signal strength. But if you put in a specific address or click somewhere on the map, it will still say the signal strength at that location.

https://www.t-mobile.com/coverage/coverage-map

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Huge step backward.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), Samsung S10e (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup.. Of course, intentional. This newer map is more about selling/promiting service... Specifically 5G service than it is anything else. They have followed other carriers such as AT&T and Verizon on this.

Sent from my LM-G710 using HoFo mobile app
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone X🅂, Samsung Galaxy S20+ 5G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Luckily the regular map is still up and running.

https://maps.t-mobile.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Bentley

AT&T 5G+, Oklahoma City

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Yup.. Of course, intentional. This newer map is more about selling/promiting service... Specifically 5G service than it is anything else. They have followed other carriers such as AT&T and Verizon on this.

Yep. I had a feeling this was coming. Sprint and T-Mobile had more generous maps than the big two. I figured once T-Mobile sees themselves as part of that club, they’ll go for the blanket map. Hilariously it looks just as solid as AT&T and Verizon’s in my area and yet I know there’s huge swaths of no service where Verizon and AT&T work just fine and continue to place rural towers.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Device(s)
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4XL, Moto X4, Moto G7
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airb330 View Post
    Yep. I had a feeling this was coming. Sprint and T-Mobile had more generous maps than the big two. I figured once T-Mobile sees themselves as part of that club, they’ll go for the blanket map. Hilariously it looks just as solid as AT&T and Verizon’s in my area and yet I know there’s huge swaths of no service where Verizon and AT&T work just fine and continue to place rural towers.
    This. . I love T-Mobile and it’s the anchor of my service with Google Fi, but why they continue the charade of coverage is beyond me. Frankly, if they were more honest I really think they would gain more customers. I’m not saying the other two carriers don’t do this as well but it’s still aggravating.
    Nexus 5x, Pixel 2, 3, 3a, Moto X4, G6 & G7 on Google Fi
    iPhone XR & ZTE R2 on Visible

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    The only drawback I see so far is that it doesn't color-code the map based on signal strength. But if you put in a specific address or click somewhere on the map, it will still say the signal strength at that location.
    Without the signal strength coloring, you can't easily see the trend in an area. That highway, that town, etc. The "Customer Verified" markings are gone too, but nor sure how useful that was.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterfield View Post
    This. . I love T-Mobile and it’s the anchor of my service with Google Fi, but why they continue the charade of coverage is beyond me. Frankly, if they were more honest I really think they would gain more customers. I’m not saying the other two carriers don’t do this as well but it’s still aggravating.
    Yup. TMobile isn't really focusing on rural customers as much as urban/suburban customers that travel to/through rural areas. Coverage on all carriers have improved over the years (I recall when Cingular/TMobile had a better SoCal network than AT&T Wireless). In SoCal, I expect service to improve when Sprints spectrum is integrated.

Feedback Score
    Entered my address into the 4G coverage map and it says excellent signal. But I only get 1-2 bars on an unlocked LG V35, model V350ULM. Is the V35 missing the LTE bands needed in order to get excellent signal strength? Would a Galaxy S20 do better?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotg6 View Post
    Entered my address into the 4G coverage map and it says excellent signal. But I only get 1-2 bars on an unlocked LG V35, model V350ULM. Is the V35 missing the LTE bands needed in order to get excellent signal strength? Would a Galaxy S20 do better?
    Depending where you are... your phone doesn't support LTE Band 71. Other than that, it supports all that you need.. and then some. Basically, its similar in spec to the LG G7, but w/o B71.

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-V350ULM-Unlocked
    GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz; UMTS 850/900/1700/2100 MHz; LTE Bands1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/20/25/26/28/29/30/38/39/40/41/66; International Roaming 1/3/7/20/38/39/40/41

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    In the interest of fairness, VZW's map is just the same. The LTE map is just this wall of red (and a lighter red for "extended network" roaming areas).

Specifically in SW Wisconsin (around Governor Dodge State Park), it now shows this solid wall of red in areas where it used to show a few white (and light red roaming... US Cellular..) splotches and flecks to let you know the signals pretty weak in an area. The 3G/1x maps still shows it more like that (until end of year at least when 3g/1x service is ended.) Those finger valleys, it's roughly 80% coverage with VZW, roughly 80% with US Cellular, and (they are not using the same cell sites) about 90% total (both roam off the other.)

One positive note, on one of these roads where service was previously useless, it just switched back and forth between VZW and USCC on virtually every switchback for about 7 or 8 miles; it still does that on LTE, but astoundingly (passenger, not driving...) I made a test VoLTE call (to my voicemail) and service actually stayed up as it switched back and forth. Very cool .
    (edit: Also tested data... it's definitely odd to have speed fluctuate mid-use from like 3mbps (unthrottled but poor signal) to 128kbps (throttled roaming) on every corner.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by formercanuck View Post
    Depending where you are... your phone doesn't support LTE Band 71. Other than that, it supports all that you need.. and then some. Basically, its similar in spec to the LG G7, but w/o B71.

https://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-V350ULM-Unlocked
    In CA close to San Jose, Tmobile does not list my town as having band 71. Also on cellmapper the 3 cell towers in proximity use bands 2,4,12,66. I am connecting to band 12. Anyway, my conclusion is that Tmobile's coverage map is not accurate in this case.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    San Jose should be good. I can't speak for the hills, however. Much of the area is fairly flat, and I suspect much Nimby and towers are no taller than 30'. It's been a while since I've been to Silicon Valley.

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score

When will Sprint and T-Mobile Maps be Consolidated...?

Sprint has had 1900 coverage in Rhinelander for ~20 years now.

The new T-Mobile map is saying "600" device required. T-Mobile has only 600 service in the area...

How are Sprint, now T-Mobile customers, supposed to know what coverage they have now? MVNO maps?

It would be nice for T-Mobile to have maps with combined Sprint/T-mobile coverage...

Name:  Sprint_1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  45.5 KBName:  Tmo_RHI.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  130.2 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Call customer service and file a complaint/ticket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast