Thread: Is There a Messaging Service that can use the GV# to send SMS other than GV/Hangouts

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score

Is There a Messaging Service that can use the GV# to send SMS other than GV/Hangouts

I've pretty much weaned myself off Google. Last year I realized they were reading my emails (something they never asked permission for and something I never gave permission for) and I decided to just end doing business with them altogether except for GV. I have that setup with 'don't transcribe calls' whether that means anything to them or not is another issue.

Until I can find a suitable robo call blocker I'm forwarding all my GV calls to my phone with the GV number showing so I pretty much know the call is for me - Googles spam protection on calls is the best and calls to my own phone number don't ring at all and forward to a 10 minutes long recording of old telco disconnected recordings. I don't even want a Google app on the phone.

If I use the phone for outbound calls I use Krisp, which is an app for noise isolation on calls and you can verify your number to use for outbound caller ID. It allows 120 minutes a week for free. These days that covers me and inhouse I use

So my issue has become texting people back when they text me on my GV number.

The only app I've found that will use the GV# seems to be Whatsapp but that won't actually sms to anyone only those that have Whatsapp.

Curious if someone knows of an app that will mimic the GV number for outbound texts and actually uses sms as opposed to a proprietary im OR alternatively an ios app that really locks down robo calls meaning it disconnects those calls and blocks 95% of them.

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about sending texts through a browser? No app to install. Keep a tab open.

You'll probably need to configure gv to forward texts to an email addr so you know you received a text on the gv #.

Device(s)
    Iphone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    I forgot I could reply that way. That would work. Thanks