Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile says itís now the Nationís #2 Wireless Carrier

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I mean my experience with Verizon is why they may always have a few bars, the QUALITY of the LTE network is generally lacking.

The speeds are all over the place, I encounter congestion with the Verizon SIM way more often than I do others, and for what they charge.. oof

They've gotten better with the small cells, but they are seriously spectrum constrained and the performance I get shows it.
    Yeh everyoneís experience is different . For me Verizon works excellent 85-90 percent of the time in my travels. AT&T about 80 percent and T-Mobile 70-75 percent.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11ProMax, OnePlus 8 5G
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Yeh everyone’s experience is different . For me Verizon works excellent 85-90 percent of the time in my travels. AT&T about 80 percent and T-Mobile 70-75 percent.
    For me it was the opposite. Rurally Verizon was a tad better, but metro areas they had pretty consistent congestion issues. Especially around airports and hotels I'd be for overnights

AT$T was much better in metro areas, but sucked rurally for the most part

T-Mobile, especially in the last 12mos or so has been great in metros and since they've been serious about 600/700MHz rurally, its even done a complete 180 in most spots I've been traveling and using it. I'm very impressed with the progress they've made.. especially considering they did not have to buy a carrier to obtain the rural coverage. Its pretty much ALL been organic growth.. which is generally more than can be said for at&t and Verizon for the most part.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified (airline employee plan)
    AT$T: $50 Unlimited Elite Prepaid promo (for more ďruralĒ areas)

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yeh everyoneís experience is different . For me Verizon works excellent 85-90 percent of the time in my travels. AT&T about 80 percent and T-Mobile 70-75 percent.
    T-Mobile works 100% of the time. They are the number one network in Florida.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Buttler View Post
    When I was in Fort Lauderdale few months ago they were the most congested. So that for me doesnít hit the 100 percent mark

Feedback Score
    When I was in Fort Lauderdale few months ago they were the most congested. So that for me doesnít hit the 100 percent mark
    Over time maybe a year or so from now maybe 2 T-Mobile wonít have an excuse for major congestion issues with all the mid band they have

Hopefully they play their cards right. 2.5 is a nice blend between coverage and capacity

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Galaxy S20 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    As long as you don't count the panhandle.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Over time maybe a year or so from now maybe 2 T-Mobile wonít have an excuse for major congestion issues with all the mid band they have

Hopefully they play their cards right. 2.5 is a nice blend between coverage and capacity

I think T-Mobile will get there . Theyíre busy deploying 2.5 and have a plan . I think they will execute . Just donít think AT&T and Verizon will sit still while T-Mobile builds out mid band 5G . Competition is a good thing.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Um... as much as I love T-Mobile they are by far NOT the best in FL. I regularly have slow LTE when staying at hotels and at airports in FL, and I’ve got plenty of family down there who refuse to use T-Mobile due to congestion (and one works at T-Mobile in a retail store funny enough). the 5G helps a bit, but until they get more 2.5GHz panels put up.. that advantage is gone as soon as the iPhone launches later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Over time maybe a year or so from now maybe 2 T-Mobile won’t have an excuse for major congestion issues with all the mid band they have

They now have the resources and I’m confident they’ll use them properly.

In Chicago i was amazed at the progress they made over a year just by deploying *LAA (edit). It went from spots of unusable data to 30Mbps minimum everywhere.. just by adding a few 20MHz supplemental download, and with the coverage I’m getting on *LAA, I’m sure 2.5GHz 5G will be super dense eventually.
    Last edited by brad15; 08-12-2020 at 01:06 PM.

Feedback Score
    Um... as much as I love T-Mobile they are by far NOT the best in FL. I regularly have slow LTE when staying at hotels and at airports in FL, and Iíve got plenty of family down there who refuse to use T-Mobile due to congestion (and one works at T-Mobile in a retail store funny enough). the 5G helps a bit, but until they get more 2.5GHz panels put up.. that advantage is gone as soon as the iPhone launches later this year.

They now have the resources and Iím confident theyíll use them properly.

In Chicago i was amazed at the progress they made over a year just by deploying CBRS. It went from spots of unusable data to 30Mbps minimum everywhere.. just by adding a few 20MHz supplemental download, and with the coverage Iím getting on CBRS, Iím sure 2.5GHz 5G will be super dense eventually.
    Yeah I think itís just a matter of time. Wonít be over night but T-Mobile has a plan so should be interesting going forward. T-Mobile has the tools to do well

Feedback Score
    I think T-Mobile will get there . Theyíre busy deploying 2.5 and have a plan . I think they will execute . Just donít think AT&T and Verizon will sit still while T-Mobile builds out mid band 5G . Competition is a good thing.
    Yep we should have 3 solid carriers going forward

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ∑T∑∑∑Mobile∑ USA
    Feedback Score
    Give it a year or so for them to get the billing system of Sprint integrated and phones swapped... they’ll be amazing.

Feedback Score
    Give it a year or so for them to get the billing system of Sprint integrated and phones swapped... theyíll be amazing.
    Thatís what Iím hoping for. My husband wants to drop all the prepaids on other carriers and strictly use just T-Mobile. It will be a lot easier to keep up with if we each just have one line on one carrier

Hopefully T-Mobile will keep getting better and better

Device(s)
    IPHONE 11
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Give it a year or so for them to get the billing system of Sprint integrated and phones swapped... theyíll be amazing.
    T-Mobile will certainly surpass the great verizon at the rate they are going.

Feedback Score
    When I was in Fort Lauderdale few months ago they were the most congested. So that for me doesn’t hit the 100 percent mark
    They are the Sex Panther of mobile carriers

Device(s)
    Moto Z4, Moto Edge 5G, and Moto G Power
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Magenta Military 4 lines + 2x Plus Up
    Feedback Score
    I am waiting for 5G home internet available in Brooklyn and I will switch (100% cord cutting).
    Optimum isn't bad, but I just don't want to pay $100 for internet

Optimum/Cablevision

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast