Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tello Expiring Paygo Balances & Phone #s On 8/14/20 Unless Topped Up

Feedback Score

Tello Expiring Paygo Balances & Phone #s On 8/14/20 Unless Topped Up

I saw this reported on another forum.

The person got an email with the following from [email protected]:

We noticed that more than 90 days have passed since your last order.

As stated in our Service Agreement your Tello number +1 (xxx) xxx xxxx together with your Pay As You Go balance (if any), will automatically expire on 08/14/2020.

To keep this number and avoid service termination you can go ahead and subscribe to a Tello plan in the following days. Regardless of any account activity (call, SMS, data usage), your number will expire if no order is registered by 08/14/2020.

Please note that once deactivated, a Tello number can no longer be retrieved.

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I have 3 lines that I try to make monthly calls on, one has a last order date of Sept 2019. Guess we'll see if they are just working down the list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    I saw this reported on another forum....
    I received the same message today. It looks like Tello may finally drop the hammer on our legacy paygo deposit plans. They warned us about it a year or so ago.

I deposited $5 02/04/2017 to keep my Sprint phones active when Ringplus folded.

I have no complaints. I got over three years of service for a glovebox phone for $5. For that, I expect they were losing money on my line. Other than a text every two months for minimum activity, I only used it once when I left my regular phone home. Even then, I did not use the service. I just had the phone on in case there was a call or text.

It was a great deal while it lasted. I never expected it to last forever.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, Galaxy S9, iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    MetroPCS, T-Mobile, RedPocket Verizon, Tello
    Feedback Score
    No email for mine either. With a last order date of of 3 years ago. From the RingPlus shutdown

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    Current Phone: AT&T XS Silver 256GB. T-Mobile / MetroPCS
    Android device : Galaxy S9 RedPocket Verizon

I am no longer a U.S.Cellular User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.com

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a similar email for my 2 lines as well. I suppose we knew this was going to end sooner or later.

With the demise of sprint, the flip phones these numbers are one will be useless sooner than later as well.

Any worth while port in promo options to consider at this point?

Feedback Score
    Me too. Last paygo top up was in July 2017 though I activated/deactivated monthly data-heavy plans numerous times since then to use my phone as an occasional hotspot. Tello filled that niche perfectly.

I noticed paygo auto-refill is missing on the website and in the app. It provided the means to top up for only $10 versus the $20 now needed.

I compare Tello to Lyca as they relegated paygo to just an international calling fund.

I'll let the line expire. If and when I need it again I assume I can reactivate on the same SIM until they mandate VoLTE or Sprint is cannibalized out of existence. I've been using a sturdy Moto E2 all this time.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post

I noticed paygo auto-refill is missing on the website and in the app. It provided the means to top up for only $10 versus the $20 now needed.
    If you look under My Settings in your online account, there is a line for auto-recharge.
    It looks like you can still set it for $10.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I compare Tello to Lyca as they relegated paygo to just an international calling fund.
    For the right user, Tello's PayGo can still work well as part of a 'hybrid' plan. Example: we have a line that hovers right around 100 minutes a month. Instead of bumping up to the next level, and still facing the possibility that unusually heavy needs might use up the bucket & shut off calling, we pay for 100 minutes in a monthly plan and maintain a PayGO balance that gives 1000 minutes as needed, and rolls over.

Feedback Score
    It's missing from my online account.

Quote Originally Posted by millept View Post
    If you look under My Settings in your online account, there is a line for auto-recharge.
    It looks like you can still set it for $10.
    Attachment 166512

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was reading on prepaid news about the new boost plans. The $10 plan caught my attention, unlimited talk/text/1gb of data.

https://www.boostmobile.com/expanded...ans:PhonePlans

With the sprint/tmo merger, it would appear that gsm phones should be compatible. Yet they only specify universal phones. Calling a store is impossible, no one picks up. Any one have any more information on this. $120/yr would be more competitive than redpocket for similar service (assuming tmo works well in your area).

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^^Re upsell. You are correct.

Local store wants $25 to activate account and $15 for sim card (not to mention taxes).. So I'm right back at $160 ($10 more than redpocket promo), same as what I pay red pocket for a year of service on att. With the additional bands tmobile now supports, it should work reasonably well in this area so something I'm willing to try.

But, will boost/tmo support CCF?

Maybe in time they will allow the cheaper plans to be purchased on line as well. I can tolerate the $15 sim card, but $25 activation... no way.

Feedback Score
    Tello refunded both my balances today.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21

Feedback Score
    Got my expiration email this morning:

"
    Just a message to say:

Due to your account inactivity, your Tello number +1 (XXX) XXX XXXX has been permanently deactivated and can not be retrieved.

To get a new Tello number you need to subscribe again to one of our plans.
    "

Feedback Score
    These people are thieves.

I never received any notice on my phone regarding the balance requirement despite my regular use of the phone. The first notification of this policy that I received was one week ago in an email from customerservice(at)tello.com . Replies sent to this email in subsequent days were ignored by Tello. I never got a single response.

Now the company has removed my number, saying it cannot be recovered (in violation of FCC porting rules).

And it has taken the balance of funds in my account. Tello was paid in advance to provide services it did not provide. Instead, it gave me one week's notice that it would no longer provide the service and it took my money without offering a refund.

Buyer beware. This company cannot be trusted.

Device(s)
    Moto X4, Moto E5 Play, AT&T F160 flip, Kyo Dura XT
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, FreeUp, Tello, T-Mo Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    thu1227, did you make a call every month? Just curious because of the reference to inactivity in the email you received.

So far no email about my account and everything still works fine.
    Maybe I'm grandfathered in?
    Got my expiration email this morning:

"
    Just a message to say:

Due to your account inactivity, your Tello number +1 (XXX) XXX XXXX has been permanently deactivated and can not be retrieved.

To get a new Tello number you need to subscribe again to one of our plans.
    "
    Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast