Thread: Warning: Ports to the $60 plan cab't downgrade for 60 days.

Device(s)
    LG G4, Galaxy S7 Edge, Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, FreedomPop, TracFone
    Feedback Score

Warning: Ports to the $60 plan cab't downgrade for 60 days.

I just saw this on one of the Boost site's support pages:
    If you ported-in your phone number to Boost Mobile and chose to activate service on the $60 Boost Unlimited Plus plan, you cannot downgrade to the $35 plan within 60 days of activating your account. Only after 3 monthly payments (initial activation + 2 payments) have been completed within the first 60-day period, the downgrade restriction will be lifted.
    Is this new? I guess it's to cover the cost of free phones for switchers offers but it seems sneaky as it's unlikely to be disclosed to new customers.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Ok, so get the deal, port out to another carrier, and then port back in to the plan you want. Or use Google Voice.

Sure, this is a lot of work, but intrepid deal seekers will always find a way!

Feedback Score
    i believe this is tied to boosts plan to continue offering heavily discount handset pricing on the higher plans but not the lower priced plans which will require a full retail priced handset. what is unclear is if they will allow a handset activate for a month only(or even less) to be swapped onto a line on a cheaper plan or even if a re-activation will be allowed onto a cheaper plan.

to honest i believe this whole thing will back fire as customers who would of downgraded walk away all together.

i have been around prepaid store for a long time and when people downgrade after the first month is usually because they can't come up with with money to pay the full bill, many upgrade the plan again before the month is up as soon as they hit the data limit and get throttled.

Device(s)
    Pixel XL, OnePlus 7 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Project Fi
    Feedback Score
    A number of dealers would make people get the highest rate plan if they were porting over and getting a free phone so they could make something off of the transaction. They would say that you had to get that plan, but could downgrade it the following month to a cheaper plan. Doing this will eliminate some dealers from doing this, but will ultimately result in stores that don't tell people this before charging them to have a bunch of angry people in their store over this. It's sounding more and more like working for Boost isn't going to be fun at all.