Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Visible speed

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score

Visible speed

Anyone notice the speed too slow with visible lately?

Many time I have 2-3 bar but can't do anything with it. Can't even load google website, Facebook or YouTube. I meant it can't do anything

I'm in Austin-Round Rock TX area.

Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teKcirc View Post

Many time I have 2-3 bar but can't do anything with it. Can't even load google website, Facebook or YouTube. I meant it can't do anything

Thank you
    The only thing consistent about Visible is their inconsistency. I have had it for seven weeks. The speeds vary drastically from unusable to good from one moment to the next. I have not observed any extended slow periods.

If I just use it rather than do speed tests, it usually works ok to good with occasional pauses.

The inconsistency makes it barely worth $25 a month - definitely not worth $40.

The audio delay latency is dreadful at times - close to 1 second round-trip*. If I needed to do business or extended social calls I would have to dump them.

*1 Second round-trip is about like talking to someone on the Moon - Rodger, over.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I ended up closing my Visible service. It just wasn’t worth the hassles.

Feedback Score
    Ditto. I got Visible in July to try out if Verizon is any good in my area. Totally not. Frequently got No Service. Data is very slow.

I disabled Auto Pay so my account will just auto cancel after a month

In my Chicago neighborhood, strongest is Sprint followed by AT&T, then T-mob, then Verizon.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post
    Ditto. I got Visible in July to try out if Verizon is any good in my area. Totally not. Frequently got No Service. Data is very slow.

In my Chicago neighborhood, strongest is Sprint followed by AT&T, then T-mob, then Verizon.
    We have Verizon full time on 10 family lines. Night and day difference between the 2. I just thought the Unlimited hot spots might be worth switching. Nope. Service was completely useless at times. Couldn’t even send text messages at times.

Device(s)
    Galaxy A50
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Hi, I just ran speed test at 4:10PM 25mbps up, 9mbps down resident on my phone
    My laptop tethered is 15mbps up,, 25mbps down.
    I think I may have a tower close to my house

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmack32720 View Post
    Hi, I just ran speed test at 4:10PM 25mbps up, 9mbps down resident on my phone
    My laptop tethered is 15mbps up,, 25mbps down.
    I think I may have a tower close to my house

That is awesome. I would have loved to have gotten that type of service.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    cricKet
    Feedback Score
    Thank you everything input.

I don't mind if it slow sometime. I have wifi at home and work. Have bad signal at some place driving to work but that is OK. The problem is sometime it's unusable, can't load fb, yt or just a google.com home page.

I think I will going back to Cricket next month

Feedback Score
    Visible can be slow in some places and at some times. For me it works. I have issue with Cricket and AT&T over BYOD Android devices and Cricket in particular because of their hotspot policy.

Sent from my SM-T720 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teKcirc View Post

Thank you
    the number of bars means nothing. What you are probably experiencing is deprioritization, which all vz prepaid/MVNOs suffer from. It really depends on where you are. Some people don't notice, some people have awful experiences. Visible also has extra "hurdles" to go through, since it is LTE only, and also they use their own routers, which last I heard, there were only two in the entire US. They were going to add a couple more this year, then covid-19 happened, so not sure if it has happened yet or not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    the number of bars means nothing. What you are probably experiencing is deprioritization, which all vz prepaid/MVNOs suffer from. It really depends on where you are. Some people don't notice, some people have awful experiences. Visible also has extra "hurdles" to go through, since it is LTE only, and also they use their own routers, which last I heard, there were only two in the entire US. They were going to add a couple more this year, then covid-19 happened, so not sure if it has happened yet or not.
    ^This.

I have had Verizon service on Tracfone and Verizon Prepaid for years. They are depriortized under postpaid. I have never experienced the extreme variability of data speed that I get with Visible with them.

My guess with Visible is that, in addition to being deprioritized at the cell, we are also experiencing congestion or something at the few Visible proxy servers where they connect to the IMS core.

Visible does not use the regular Verizon network past the cell. Traffic is diverted to the IMS core through the proxy servers.

We don't know exactly what the problem is and Verizon/Visible is unlikely to tell us.

I use it for what it is and it is good enough most of the time. I would not consider using it for business. I had no illusion that Visible for $25/$40 would be as good as Verizon Postpaid. It's barely worth $25 a month.

If I had the problems with calls and texts that some (few) people report, I would have to dump them. Data is what we tend to focus on, but, in the end, calls and texts for important/urgent matters must be reliable for me.

I really like the unlimited hotspot. A few nights ago my cable went out just as I was going to bed. I hotspotted the Visible phone and watched a few Youtube videos on TV through the Roku for bedtime. It worked fine.

Feedback Score
    My visible speeds at night are 200-300 kbps on youtube, faster on some sites. On alot of day by noon my speeds may dip to 10 kbps...sucks at times.

Feedback Score
    My speeds are good

Device(s)
    Samsung S9 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T,Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I ended up closing my Visible service. It just wasn’t worth the hassles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maru View Post

i just left....

even with paying $25 its not worth it...cant call/text/use data at times where the tower is overloaded, when i cant even make a simple phone call in 2020 then its time to ditch that trash

if u live away from the city and sub burbs then the service would be awesome

Feedback Score
    Depends on location. At my home, I get crappy speeds under 5Mbps, other parts of town I can get well over 100. download

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast