Thread: xfinity mobile kicking my device off their network

Feedback Score

xfinity mobile kicking my device off their network

I ported my number in to xfinity mobile months ago and used an iPhone as my device ( I think, don't really remember now). Once I got the sim card working on the approved device, I swapped it into an old xfinity LG X Charge, which seemed to work, then I swapped it into a Moto e4 which has been working fine. I got an email from them today that my device has been identified as ineligible. It lists an IMEI number and a phone number but the IMEI they list is not the IMEI that I'm using for that phone number right now... it says service could be suspended to the device listed below on or after August 11, 2020 (today). Anyone else have this happen?

Feedback Score
    I checked and the IMEI they listed is the IMEI of the iPhone 7 I originally activated the sim card on, but haven't used for months. Now I'm confused if they are saying the iPhone 7 is no longer eligible or the phone I swapped it to.

Feedback Score
    Whenever you use your phone on the network, the IMEI that is being serviced is being noted. The system checks for blacklisted devices, etc., and also whether that device is the originally registered device (if your carrier requires registration). If there is a mismatch, it may be tolerated for a while or longer or even be recorded as a replacement phone. But it may also result in an issue.

Feedback Score
    should I put my sim back in the iphone 7 to get off their radar? or back in the xfinity lg x charge? or is the iphone 7 not allowed anymore?

Feedback Score
    They may have given up on the iPhone and substituted the most current phone automatically. Some carriers will keep up with you. They need to have a registered device for some reason. But I don't know why they would outright ban the iPhone forever. Maybe they think you don't have it anymore, lost, stolen, whatever. It hasn't been in use for a while. They want phones you are in control of.

You should contact the company and tell them what you want as your main phone. Then don't swap the SIM for extended periods of time.

Feedback Score
    I think the main problem is I want to use a phone that they don't support Theywouldn't even support their own xfinity lg x charge when i was trying to port in ( I had one from a prior stint with xfinity mobile)

Device(s)
    Note 8, LG Xpression 2
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity, Tracphone
    Feedback Score
    When I read this topic I took the sim out of my unlocked G7 power. I am still financing three phone and a tablet. I do not want have any problems with XFINITY. I do not want to get the XFINITY version the Motorola E6 as a second phone.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    I haven't done anything and my moto e4 is still working with the xfinity sim... crossing fingers.

Feedback Score
    I was troubleshooting another issue tonight and I put my xfinity SIM into an orbi cellular router...when I put it back into my moto e4 and placed a call it went to xfinity mobile customer service. They said the line had been suspended because it was in another device. I said I didn't have the iPhone (that it had originally been ordered on) handy and that I was trying to use it in an xfinity lg x charge. I didn't want them to tell me the moto wasn't supported. They said they could get it working on the lg x charge but they have to send me a new SIM. Previously I'd been told the x charge wasn't supported any more so I guess this is progress. I don't know why they don't allow SIM swapping.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Is Xfinity CS really Xfinity CS or is it VZW CS? Cause we know VZW wants control.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 07.26.21
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 02.06.21