Thread: Pulse plans subsidy

Device(s)
    Nokia 6300
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Pulse plans subsidy

I am on the $85/10 GB large pulse plan from my Fido iPhone XS purchase a couple years ago and my contract is coming to an end. I also have premium DP with VP Add-ons and a $5 discount for both.

Self-care is now offering me double the data for the same price...a large data, talk and text plan for $85/20 GB.

Will I be losing anything if I give up my Pulse plan for the standard plan? Subsidy on a future phone for example? I know companies always do sneaky things like tweak terms and conditions when they offer you a better deal. Always something in it for them.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Pulse plans subsidy

I got the 20GB/65$ plan (BYOP, rentention/loyalty). I strongly recommend doing the Change with a human advisor, since the self serve route might remove the addons (in my case, it almost removed the now 7$ iPhone Visual Voicemail addon). As for your credits, you might lose them no matter what you do if you change plans. I lost my free iPhone VVM I changed a previous time. It goes without saying (and you did mention it), read the fine print. For example, you might get or lose the 5h of unlimited downloads. EDIT : I recommend BYOP, to reduce the monthly bill and to have more leverage during negotiations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark2000 View Post
    I am on the $85/10 GB large pulse plan from my Fido iPhone XS purchase a couple years ago and my contract is coming to an end. I also have premium DP with VP Add-ons and a $5 discount for both.

Self-care is now offering me double the data for the same price...a large data, talk and text plan for $85/20 GB.

Will I be losing anything if I give up my Pulse plan for the standard plan? Subsidy on a future phone for example? I know companies always do sneaky things like tweak terms and conditions when they offer you a better deal. Always something in it for them.
    You want to know if your current plan or the loyalty one offered will still give you a subsided phone after your current agreement is over?
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...