Thread: Verizon Port in Not Eligible...?

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score

Verizon Port in Not Eligible...?

I am trying to port in some CenturyLink land lines in this area in N WI and Verizon is saying the numbers can not be ported in due to "rate center" restrictions...

Is there any way around this? The numbers in question can be ported to ATT, T-Mobile, and Cellcom, no problem...

This is kind of a strange area with Cellcom in the mix.

Any info would be helpful, Verizon/Cellcom has awesome coverage in this area and the numbers I am trying to help get ported in are 40+ year old landlines...

Thanks!

Hman

Name:  CellCom.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  45.3 KB

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    It might be that Cellcom is the one restricting Verizon's portability there?

IIRC, LTEiRA partners received leases to Verizon's spectrum with the idea that Verizon won't directly compete in those service areas. At least that is the case in Pioneer territory in Oklahoma/Kansas.

Verizon can't port in numbers from areas they don't directly compete in.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Device(s)
    V9x
    Carrier(s)
    at&t Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    It might be that Cellcom is the one restricting Verizon's portability there?

IIRC, LTEiRA partners received leases to Verizon's spectrum with the idea that Verizon won't directly compete in those service areas. At least that is the case in Pioneer territory in Oklahoma/Kansas.

Verizon can't port in numbers from areas they don't directly compete and provide service in.

I bet that is what the issue is... Why would T-Mobile be able to port in these numbers but not Verizon???

What is strange is the CenturyLink LEC CO is in Cellcom territory BUT coverage crosses over into Verizon territory.

Do you think it would be worth a shot to call Cellcom and ask them if it would be possible to "release" some numbers based on address (which is in the Verizon territory)?

Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hman414 View Post
    I bet that is what the issue is... Why would T-Mobile be able to port in these numbers but not Verizon???
    This seems to be because Sprint and T-Mobile have native service in the nearby areas of Dunbar. I believe many Sprint areas are already being considered T-Mobile areas for portability. T-Mobile also has band 71 coverage in almost the entire area.

Do you think it would be worth a shot to call Cellcom and ask them if it would be possible to "release" some numbers based on address (which is in the Verizon territory)?
    You could try, I wouldn't know if that is possible from their end. Most portability issues are addressed to the FCC anyway.

Feedback Score
    Numbering resources aren't something that can be resolved by a tier 1 customer service agent. I don't know who at Cellcom you'd ask, but it'd need to go to their FCC contact(s).

Feedback Score
    I am trying to port in some CenturyLink land lines in this area in N WI and Verizon is saying the numbers can not be ported in due to "rate center" restrictions... Is there any way around this? The numbers in question can be ported to ATT, T-Mobile, and Cellcom, no problem... This is kind of a strange area with Cellcom in the mix. Any info would be helpful, Verizon/Cellcom has awesome coverage in this area and the numbers I am trying to help get ported in are 40+ year old landlines... Thanks! Hman Name:  CellCom.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  45.3 KB
    can you port the numbers to AT&T and from there, port into Verizon ??

Device(s)
    Moto Z4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless (1994, GTE MobileNet)
    Feedback Score
    Local number portability requires that the company you want to port to have a "presence" in the "rate center" implied by the phone number. In general, given the area code and first three digits of the phone number, you can determine the geographic rate center. All of the numbers in a given rate center are equivalent from a billing perspective: If you are in a certain rate center, your local calling area would be any number in some set of other nearby rate centers, certain other nearby rate centers would be billed as regional calls, and all others billed as long distance. All of this has to do with how calls are routed in the phone network: calls are routed to the rate center associated by the the number, and thence to whichever provider currently owns that number. Local Number portability says that you can port your number to any provider that serves the rate center associated with the number. If Verizon does not serve the rate center associated with the number, you cannot port that number to Verizon. Period. It doesn't matter which provider currently "owns" the number. I realize that a lot of this doesn't make sense in a post-landline, VOIP or cellular, world, but the ancient legacies still impact things today.