Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: What’s service mode/test mode for Android and iPhones?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0

    What’s service mode/test mode for Android and iPhones?

    Sorry I knew it before but it slipped my mind. Anyone know? Going out tomorrow to do some tests on sites. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,427
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 7T, Apple iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Verizon Prepaid, FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    *3001#12345#* for iPhones

    For Android, it varies by OEM and/or device

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

    R.I.P. Circuit City

    We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

    1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    *3001#12345#* for iPhones

    For Android, it varies by OEN and/or device

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!! I’ll be using a s20 ultra and note ultra also.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Sorry I knew it before but it slipped my mind. Anyone know? Going out tomorrow to do some tests on sites. Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *3001#12345#* for iPhone and *#0011# for Samsung. I don't think LG or the pixels have service accept for the sprint firmware which will be ending

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    *3001#12345#* for iPhone and *#0011# for Samsung. I don't think LG or the pixels have service accept for the sprint firmware which will be ending

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    So *#0011# for Samsung’s ? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    So *#0011# for Samsung’s ? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep heres a example

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Yep heres a example

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    That should tell me 5g connections? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    That should tell me 5g connections? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah it will. I just don't have a 5G phone

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Yeah it will. I just don't have a 5G phone

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    I have the s20 ultra on Verizon and note ultra on AT&T to test out their 5g here.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    411
    Feedback Score
    0
    Should my phones say ‘UW’ if connected to 5g?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Should my phones say ‘UW’ if connected to 5g?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    On VZW UWB yeah.. I'm not sure what the icon when say when vzw turns on lowband 5G, as of now it's just Mmwave 5G and says UWB. Att it says 5G+ for Mmwave and then just 5G when on lowband

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,041
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    So *#0011# for Samsung’s ? Thanks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it depends on the SIM and possibly the firmware. I get an error when a Verizon SIM is installed on the Verizon S9 and the Network Connection is set to GSM. When it’s set to CDMA it places a call and gives a calling error.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    I think it depends on the SIM and possibly the firmware. I get an error when a Verizon SIM is installed on the Verizon S9 and the Network Connection is set to GSM. When it’s set to CDMA it places a call and gives a calling error.
    Yep it doesnt work with VZW, which is odd cause it works with Visible

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,041
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by thotguy31 View Post
    Yep it doesnt work with VZW, which is odd cause it works with Visible

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    But what’s confusing is I think if the phone is carrier unlocked service mode WILL work when a Verizon SIM is put in? Maybe I’m wrong. I remember people posting that they couldn’t access service mode on their phones but as soon as they put a different SIM in they could but I forgot whether those phones they were using were carrier unlocked or carrier branded models.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,573
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DebiLee View Post
    But what’s confusing is I think if the phone is carrier unlocked service mode WILL work when a Verizon SIM is put in? Maybe I’m wrong. I remember people posting that they couldn’t access service mode on their phones but as soon as they put a different SIM in they could but I forgot whether those phones they were using were carrier unlocked or carrier branded models.
    I have unlocked phone and it didn't work in mine

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-29-2017, 11:54 PM
  2. What services can I get for free and cancel?
    By beachdream_17 in forum Apple
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:29 AM
  3. what do they test you for in a drug test and how?
    By Dreamweaver2k2 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2005, 11:03 PM
  4. Service Menu/Test Mode: How do I get out of it?
    By GarageBoy in forum Motorola FAQ (Now closed, check the wiki instead)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2004, 09:20 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2003, 03:38 AM

Bookmarks