Thread: Porting out from a Windows Phone

Device(s)
    Wiko Life 2, Samsung A910
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular, Assurance Wireless
    Feedback Score

Porting out from a Windows Phone

I have a very old family land line phone number that I ported into Page Plus back in 2011 onto a Windows Cell Phone.

Now I want to port the number out and realize that I only have the ESN in Hex. I am going to be able to port out to another cell phone company, to a cell phone with VOLTE.

I don't think I have a pin from Page Plus and I thought that the pin was the last 4 digits of the phone number or it used to be. If not do I have to call Page Plus and what do I use as the account number?

And yes I have looked here, but could not find a similar situation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkendallpk View Post
    I have a very old family land line phone number that I ported into Page Plus back in 2011 onto a Windows Cell Phone.

Now I want to port the number out and realize that I only have the ESN in Hex. I am going to be able to port out to another cell phone company, to a cell phone with VOLTE.

I don't think I have a pin from Page Plus and I thought that the pin was the last 4 digits of the phone number or it used to be. If not do I have to call Page Plus and what do I use as the account number?

And yes I have looked here, but could not find a similar situation.
    Just do a chat (not call) with PP. You can port to a VoLTE phone or if you stay with PP just transfer number and balance to the new phone. It's just an old none VoLTE phone being upgraded. I see no reason you can't port to another company. With your phone number you may not even need the ESN/Hex and not remembering your pin they should just text you a code to read back to them while on chat then they'll tell you. Sometime they'll just ask when your last replenishment was. You can also ask them what to use for the account number. I know my pin but the account number always wondered me. And they've been known to change pins without telling you.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You make it sound so simple, I sure hope you are right.

Right now I am looking for a new phone.

I am planning ahead so I don't get messed up because I waited till the last minute.

Thank you for the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkendallpk View Post
    You make it sound so simple, I sure hope you are right.

Right now I am looking for a new phone.

I am planning ahead so I don't get messed up because I waited till the last minute.

Thank you for the info.
    It is simple if you keep it simple. Using chat vs calling them is better and easier to communicate. Just tell them your planning your upgrade and what to get your ducks in a row.
    I never ported to another carrier but did transfer my number and balance from an old style 2G/3G phone to a new VoLTE. Over the years when I didn't know my pin they either texted me a code to repeat back to them, or asked what date I last replenished. Something they can confirm to make sure it's really your phone. Then they either told be the pin or changed it for me to what I wanted. I just made all my phones the same pin so I can remember. I never asked them about what they're using for account number since I wasn't porting out. Keep it simple and polite. There are times you might get an uncooperative, untrained or lazy rep. Then you just say good bye and start another chat with another one.
    Report back when you find out what PP is now using for the account number. Thx.

Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The receiving phone company has no need for the imei/meid/esn/serial of your existing device.

Most prepaids just the account number, phone number and pin. Postpaid wants more - name, addr, ssn, etc.

You'll also need to provide them with the new device imei and sim icc id. Have you considered porting out to google voice? It's $20 to port in, but the number can then be used on any device supporting gv or even a pc web browser.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is related, or even applicable anymore, but when I went to upgrade my PPC account, to a new 4G LTE phone, I had to give the customer service person the ESN/IMEI of the old phone. I still had the old phone, and was able to read that number to the CS rep, but afterward, I wondered what would happen if my old phone was lost or non-functioning?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    The receiving phone company has no need for the imei/meid/esn/serial of your existing device.

Most prepaids just the account number, phone number and pin. Postpaid wants more - name, addr, ssn, etc.

You'll also need to provide them with the new device imei and sim icc id. Have you considered porting out to google voice? It's $20 to port in, but the number can then be used on any device supporting gv or even a pc web browser.
    I actually have been thinking of possibly porting to google voice. Still looking for a cell phone that has VOLTE and finding that they are getting expensive.

Feedback Score
    Does it need to be a smartphone? You can get a Tracfone LG Classic Flip at Target for $20 - normally $40 or so. You can use the included SIM to activate on Page Plus and transfer the line as they are all one big happy corporate family now. The Alacatel MyFlip phones from Tracfone work too. I have one on PagePlus pay-as-you-go. They both support VoLTE on PagePlus' Verizon network.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thu1227 View Post
    Does it need to be a smartphone? You can get a Tracfone LG Classic Flip at Target for $20 - normally $40 or so. You can use the included SIM to activate on Page Plus and transfer the line as they are all one big happy corporate family now. The Alacatel MyFlip phones from Tracfone work too. I have one on PagePlus pay-as-you-go. They both support VoLTE on PagePlus' Verizon network.
    I need a smartphone with a nicely sized screen, just find it too handy for texting and the keyboard makes it tough to text too. Thank you for the suggestion, that is a great price for a cell phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I just finished an online chat. You do need to use Chrome for it to show up. I presume that it is being blocked out in FireFox.

Your account number is the MEID of your phone and the PIN, they call it a passcode, you can ask for. You will be asked to answer a question and then they will send it to you. Also, you can request to have it changed to any 4 number combination you want.

I am waiting on receiving my new Tracfone that comes 365 days of service that should arrive very soon.

Going to wait till next Monday before transferring, so I have will support to fall back on if I need it. Will update what happened after transfer.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I ported out yesterday to Tracfone. Used the MEID of my old phone and the pin I asked PagePlus to setup for me.

No problems at all, at least so far. Porting from one Tracfone company to another caused no problems and remember I did this on a holiday.

Hope this helps others.