Thread: Raleigh NC Market seems promising!!

Feedback Score

Raleigh NC Market seems promising!!

So hereís maps of Raleigh NC. Disregard the blue as itís AT&T 5g here. The red square icons are Verizon LTE. The red oval ones are Verizon UWB site but I tested them and they are not active yet. The yellow icons are Verizon UWB sites waiting on permits to be approved. We have a long way to go but Iím hoping we launch this year!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N/A
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Looks good to me. A lot of people will be out of range of those mmwave 5G sites, but whatever traffic is shifted onto mmwave is shifted off 4G so I imagine it'd give the 4G network a nice speed boost too.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    Looks good to me. A lot of people will be out of range of those mmwave 5G sites, but whatever traffic is shifted onto mmwave is shifted off 4G so I imagine it'd give the 4G network a nice speed boost too.
    I think they need more 5g UWB nodes not just in Raleigh but Wake County to actually launch anything. Specifically Raleigh though. Donít you think? I mean AT&T launched 5g+ here back in late 2018/early 2019 and this is all they have here as far as I found. Plus AT&T 5g+ speeds donít compare.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    So hereís maps of Raleigh NC. Disregard the blue as itís AT&T 5g here. The red square icons are Verizon LTE. The red oval ones are Verizon UWB site but I tested them and they are not active yet. The yellow icons are Verizon UWB sites waiting on permits to be approved. We have a long way to go but Iím hoping we launch this year!!

Did you create these maps? I would love to see what they are doing in Greenville, NC. They have been putting up 5G antennas up but donít know which provider they are for but I do notice that my Verizon has full bars on 4G though.

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by crimpshrine View Post
    Did you create these maps? I would love to see what they are doing in Greenville, NC. They have been putting up 5G antennas up but donít know which provider they are for but I do notice that my Verizon has full bars on 4G though.
    No Iím not the one who created the map but Iím helping to locate new sites for Verizon and AT&T and Iím also testing out the sites to see if they are live yet. I took pictures of the Verizon 5g small cells if that will help you. They also have Verizon labeled on the post. Iím not sure if other carriers label theirs or you can take photos of the ones you see and post them here. I can probably identify them or someone else can. Hereís my photos.

Feedback Score
    And heres more

Feedback Score
    I can see they are running one fiber to those nodes . So theyíll be able to crank speeds once theyíre active. Some nodes donít even seem to be in dense urban areas. How many have you seen so far?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    No Iím not the one who created the map but Iím helping to locate new sites for Verizon and AT&T and Iím also testing out the sites to see if they are live yet. I took pictures of the Verizon 5g small cells if that will help you. They also have Verizon labeled on the post. Iím not sure if other carriers label theirs or you can take photos of the ones you see and post them here. I can probably identify them or someone else can. Hereís my photos.

Next time Iím close to one of these, Iíll try and get a better picture but here is a street view of one from Google Maps...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    I can see they are running one fiber to those nodes . So theyíll be able to crank speeds once theyíre active. Some nodes donít even seem to be in dense urban areas. How many have you seen so far?
    7 as shown in the last photo