Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CBRS auction over

Feedback Score

CBRS auction over

It will be a few days before we know who won what.

Feedback Score

CBRS auction over

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    It will be a few days before we know who won what.
    Probably by Friday at the latest. I’m most curious to see what Verizon got. If Verizon gets 40 MHz nationwide that should put them in much better spectrum shape

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daisydoo View Post
    Probably by Friday at the latest. I’m most curious to see what Verizon got. If Verizon gets 40 MHz nationwide that should put them in much better spectrum shape

The FCC say in the next few days. So hopefully by Friday but maybe early next week.

There were some counties were less than 4 blocks were sold so Verizon clearly didn't get 40 MHz "nationwide" if you literally mean very single county. In my state 11 out of 95 counties had less than 4 blocks bid on. Even if counties where they did have 4 blocks bid doesn't mean Verizon won all of it. I would say Verizon probably got 20 MHz nationwide and 40MHz in a lot of it.

Feedback Score
    The FCC say in the next few days. So hopefully by Friday but maybe early next week.

There were some counties were less than 4 blocks were sold so Verizon clearly didn't get 40 MHz "nationwide" if you literally mean very single county. In my state 11 out of 95 counties had less than 4 blocks bid on. Even if counties where they did have 4 blocks bid doesn't mean Verizon won all of it. I would say Verizon probably got 20 MHz nationwide and 40MHz in a lot of it.
    Hey jack can you check Union County NJ for me please? I would think in the NYC metro carriers bid on 7 licenses

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Checker79 View Post
    Hey jack can you check Union County NJ for me please? I would think in the NYC metro carriers bid on 7 licenses
    Nearly 80% of counties in the US had 7 bids. Anyway Union County NJ had all 7 blocks sold. Sussex and Warren were the only counties in NJ that didn't get 7 bids and they each got 6.

Feedback Score
    Nearly 80% of counties in the US had 7 bids. Anyway Union County NJ had all 7 blocks sold. Sussex and Warren were the only counties in NJ that didn't get 7 bids and they each got 6.
    Thanks Jack. We should find out soon, hopefully Friday.

Feedback Score

So the next auction is even more important for Verizon. Looks like that one could generate quite a bit more money

Feedback Score
    Do you know about Raleigh NC? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    Do you know about Raleigh NC? Thanks
    Wake County sold all 7 blocks

Feedback Score
    Wake County sold all 7 blocks
    To Verizon ?

Feedback Score
    So the next auction is even more important for Verizon. Looks like that one could generate quite a bit more money

Analysts estimate C band spectrum will be in the 40-50 billion dollar range. That’s crucial spectrum that has better propagation and will be used as massive MIMO 5G.

Feedback Score
    Analysts estimate C band spectrum will be in the 40-50 billion dollar range. That’s crucial spectrum that has better propagation and will be used as massive MIMO 5G.
    Bring home the bacon to North Carolina

Feedback Score
    I've been thinking abut that. They're saying perhaps $50 billion. And of course the first 100 MHz will be the priciest. Could be $25 bill just to get 100 MHz. Now that the FCC has said 3450-3550 will be auctioned in late 2021 if there aren't any restriction on bidding it would be cheaper for Verizon to buy that 100 MHz since that should sell for about the same amount per MHz as the CBRS auction. Even if it was double the price per MHz that 100 MHz would cost $13 bil so about half. And while it probably won't be available for use until mid 2022 you could use it everywhere and not just the top 50 markets and have to wait until the end of 2023 to use it anywhere else.

I think the FCC might put 50 MHz or 60 MHz restriction on 3450-3550 but even then if I were Verizon I'd by that 50 or 60 MHz and maybe limit C-band participation to maybe 50 or 60 MHz. You'd be getting the same amount but cheaper. Or maybe just buy the 100 MHz of C-BAND in only the top 50 markets and buy 3450-3550 in the rest of the US

If you think about it if Verizon gets 40 MHz in the current CBRS auction and has it at say 3550-3590 MHz and gets 60 MHz in next years CBRS auction and gets that spectrum at say 3490-3550 MHz. They'd have 100 MHz contiguous( 3490-3590 MHz ) of mid band at a MUCH cheaper price than C-band. All of which can be deployed in much of the nation sooner than C-band by about 18 months. I mean Verizon has already deployed at lot of CBRS equipment and by mid 2022 will be well on the way to having it deployed nationwide

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes20191 View Post
    To Verizon ?
    No. The winner won't be know for a few days and Verizon could only buy a maximum of 4 blocks

Feedback Score
    You posted this on Reddit. There's a reply but I don't know if you read it. I have a similar one here. I'm not sure how C-Band has better propagation than CBRS unless it has much higher power limits

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast